Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 3x06 - "Midvale" - November 13th 2017 [LIVE WATCH ON MELISSA BENOIST BOARD, MONDAY @ 8PM]

Season 3, Episode 6
"Midvale"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Monday November 13th 2017

Quote:
LIVE WATCH: On Melissa's board, Monday @8
(On Live Watches: We will alternate, holding them on the Supergirl board on uneven numbered episodes,
and on the Melissa board on even numbered episodes. A link will be included in the thread OP on opposite weeks)

Synopsis:

Kara and Alex head home to Midvale for a little R&R. While there, Kara recalls a painful memory of a childhood friend’s death and how that traumatic experience brought the Danver sisters closer together. Izabela Vidovic plays Young Kara and Olivia Nikkanen plays Young Alex in flashbacks.

[previous episode] | [next episode]

Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 11-12-2017 at 06:50 PM
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:06 PM
Total Fan

- Sooooo… this whole episode is a Danvers Sisters murder mystery? Aka CW has to save the budget for something big.

My guess is that this is the episode Supergirl filmed while Melissa and Chyler were filming the crossover episode.

- Kara: Clark has a friend named Chloe
Me: Did… did Supergirl just make a Smallville reference?

- Teacher sleeping with a student? Supergirl is now Pretty Little Liars.

- Agent Noel Neill? Nice shout out to the original live-action Lois Lane.

- The FBI agent was really J’onn? Why would he take on Alura’s appearance instead of someone more random?

- I used to have Alex’s exact same Motorola flip phone way back when, but a different colour

- Well, this episode was a bit slow, but the murder mystery was fun.

CW should put together some webisodes highlighting the adventures of Teenaged Kara and Alex, and call it "Midvale Mysteries"
Old 11-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- Sooooo… this whole episode is a Danvers Sisters murder mystery? Aka CW has to save the budget for something big.

My guess is that this is the episode Supergirl filmed while Melissa and Chyler were filming the crossover episode.
think this was actually when mel (&chris) were in europe

Quote:
- Kara: Clark has a friend named Chloe
Me: Did… did Supergirl just make a Smallville reference?
love that chloe got a shoutout
Quote:
- Teacher sleeping with a student? Supergirl is now Pretty Little Liars.
indeed.. knew it was the shifty sheriff though

Quote:
- The FBI agent was really J’onn? Why would he take on Alura’s appearance instead of someone more random?
maybe he thought that would get through to her the most

Quote:
- I used to have Alex’s exact same Motorola flip phone way back when, but a different colour
me too

Quote:
- Well, this episode was a bit slow, but the murder mystery was fun.
yea.. it was good to get more of their younger selves but still wish we had gotten more of them in present time back at midvale and with eliza..

Quote:
CW should put together some webisodes highlighting the adventures of Teenaged Kara and Alex, and call it "Midvale Mysteries"
would watch that
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 PM
New Fan

This episode reminded me so much of Smallville. I wish they had made this the premise of the series instead.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved the Smalleville/Chloe reference.

Really enjoyed the episode.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:23 PM
I am a basketball genius!

It wasn't bad. Alex sure was portrayed as a bitch though as a teen I thought. At least in the first half of this episode. She sure liked blaming Kara for everything she could think of. Kara it seemed felt sorry for herself a lot in this episode.

I was wondering, how did Kara get into Mrs. Lee's home? I don't remember her knocking or ringing a doorbell like most people do. Also, I wonder how long Clark has been friends with Chloe? It seems sense childhood. I wasn't aware of that if that's true.

The student/teacher affairs are getting old I think. I mean I just saw this last season with Ms. Grundy & Archie. Not surprising they don't tend to work out. I know it happens in real life, but I don't remember that happening in any Supergirl comic I've read. Maye it was necessary this time though.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I really liked this episode. I especially enjoyed the references to Smallville, and the mention of Chloe! But I also loved seeing more of Alex and Kara's childhood, and how they became as close sisters as they are now. I wasn't expecting the FBI agent to really be J'onn. That was neat, but I also wonder why he chose Alura's appearance, when he's not actually pretending to be her mother?

I felt so sorry for Kara losing her best friend Kenny like that, that was so sad.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:16 PM
I am a basketball genius!

The mention of Chloe was nice, but it would be better I think if she actually made an appearance on this show of course.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That would of been awesome.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top