Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[Episode Discussion] 3x02 - "Triggers" - October 16th 2017 [LIVE WATCH ON MELISSA'S BOARD]

Season 3, Episode 2
"Triggers"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Monday October 16th 2017

Quote:
LIVE WATCH: On Melissa's board!
(On Live Watches: We will alternate, holding them on the Supergirl board on uneven numbered episodes,
and on the Melissa board on even numbered episodes. A link will be included in the thread OP on opposite weeks)

Synopsis:

YAEL GROBGLAS (“JANE THE VIRGIN”) GUEST STARS — Psi (guest star Yael Grobglas), a thief with psychic powers, attacks National City. Able to immobilize people by tapping into their worst fears, Psi proves a formidable opponent for Supergirl. Meanwhile, James (Mehcad Brooks) and Lena (Katie McGrath) are at an impasse, and Samantha starts her new job at L-Corp. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (302). Original airdate 10/16/2017.

[previous episode] | [next episode]

Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 10-21-2017 at 04:34 PM
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope to see you guys at the live watch in just about 20 minutes, tonight it will be held on the Melissa board, there's a link to the episode thread in the OP
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Total Fan

- Good luck trying to explain your sudden disappearances to Lena, Kara…

- I’d pick DJ too. I don’t want to hear some wedding band attempt to sing popular songs

- That segment in Kara’s mind when we see her point of view after being shot into space reminded me of one of those motion simulator rides.

- Lena, why are you leaving James out of meetings and stuff? He does kinda run CatCo at the moment

- Kara is actually opening up to Winn! It’s so nice to see that after so long. The show kinda forgot they were BFFs back in Season 1 and used to tell each other stuff.

- I loved Lena calling out Kara’s behavior.

- Alex/Kara bonding. Awww…

- James/Lena are totally going to get together, aren't they?

- It will be interesting to see how Sam’s powers start coming out ...
Old 10-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)

- That segment in Kara’s mind when we see her point of view after being shot into space reminded me of one of those motion simulator rides.
That part was cool, but it reminded me more of playing Skyrim. I know not space related but you can switch between first person and third person mode.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:35 PM
Website Manager

I thought Lena was going to discover Kara's glasses and the big hole in the elevator/roof. Does she repair this stuff off-screen?
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

It's stuff like that, that make you wonder...
Old 10-17-2017, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
I thought Lena was going to discover Kara's glasses and the big hole in the elevator/roof. Does she repair this stuff off-screen?
seriously.. i was like wtf?? i mean it would be pretty easy to see from security cams and wtv that kara danvers goes in and boom elevator gone.. how is that not noticeable -.-
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:14 AM
Total Fan

I guess we're supposed to pretend no one noticed the big hole in the elevator .
Old 10-17-2017, 11:52 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I guess we're supposed to pretend no one noticed the big hole in the elevator .
A hole through the elevator and we don't know how many floors, Catco is attacked so often that they don't notice any more.

I loved this two episodes, I love that the writers are committed to really explore Kara's sense of grief after last season and don't just ignore it after one episode.

A good scene between kara and winn, another one between Alex and Kara, they're doing a good job giving scenes between Kara and her friends and family.

Lena says she knows nothing about runnig a media empire and needs Kara's help, this week she just ignore James who knows the job.

Once again fantastic acting by Melissa when she breaks down and think that she killed Mon-El. I find it very logical that her fear of losing Krypton and all this time alone and scared in her pod would bring her mind back to Mon-El and the similar experience he must have gone through.

Ruby punch kids, run away, put herself intentionally in danger, very annoying this week.
Icy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Maybe that's the one elevator that does not have a security camera in it
Old 10-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Loyal Fan

WOW another amazing episode.
I love that the show continue to explore kara grief and not resolve it after on episode.

Psi was a great way to explore Kara fear that Mon-El could be dead, that bring also the guilt of send him away and put him in the same position she was in as a little girl. btw how cool it was seeing what it was like to leave Krypton from her POV

Outstanding performance by Melissa, she delivered those emotional and fear scenes very well

The Danvers sisters scenes were amazing. I loved that Alex was Kara's rock, reassuring her, conforting her. Best Sisters relationship on tv

btw the stare contest between Alex and Winn he can't never win

I love Samantha already. Odette is amazing and a great addiction to the show. Why she have to became bad? this storyline is gonna be heartbreaking for sure

Sadly I can't fully enjoyed the Sanvers scenes knowing Floriana is about to leave

The new dynamic at CatCo. Lena vs James ...she’s a Luthor and he is Superman BFF. it's gonna be interesting. Let's see how things will evolve
simy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Lena wasn't intentionally or maliciously excluding James; he just felt like she was.

Also, there was clearly a conversation between them that happened that we didn't get to see, but that we honestly needed to see for the sake of narrative flow.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

My theory with Sam is that something maybe happens to her daughter.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

maybe lena wasnt maliciously excluding james but she it's weird not to include him in meetings esp for her first day and she didnt even bother letting the acting ceo know she was coming in but she can text her friend about it? ok....

^ yea, i think reign will come out full force after somehow happens to her daughter.. maybe she'll even blame supergirl for whatever happens..
Old 10-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

maybe lena wasnt maliciously excluding james but she it's weird not to include him in meetings esp for her first day and she didnt even bother letting the acting ceo know she was coming in but she can text her friend about it? ok....

^ yea, i think reign will come out full force after somehow happens to her daughter.. maybe she'll even blame supergirl for whatever happens..
Reply   Post New Thread