Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[Episode Discussion] 2x16 "Star-Crossed" March 20th 2017 [+ The Flash 3x17 "Duet" March 21st]

Season 2, Episode 16
"Star-Crossed"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Monday March 20th 2017

Synopsis:

TERI HATCHER (“DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES,” “LOIS & CLARK: THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN”) AND KEVIN SORBO (“HERCULES”) GUEST STAR; DARREN CRISS (“GLEE”) MAKES HIS DEBUT AS THE MUSIC MEISTER

A new villain (guest star Teri Hatcher) comes to National City, putting Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) on high alert. Meanwhile, Winn’s (Jeremy Jordan) girlfriend, Lyra (guest star Tamzin Merchant), gets Winn in trouble with the law. Maggie (guest star Floriana Lima) attempts to help Winn but old loyalties get in the way. The Music Meister (Darren Criss) attacks Supergirl.

The episode was directed by John Medlen from a script written by Katie Rose Rogers & Jess Kardos.

And the following night, on THE FLASH...

DARREN CRISS (“GLEE”) GUEST STARS AS THE MUSIC MEISTER IN THE FLASH AND SUPERGIRL MUSICAL CROSSOVER

Barry (Grant Gustin) and team are surprised when Mon-El (guest star Chris Wood) and Hank Henshaw (guest star David Harewood) arrive on their Earth carrying a comatose Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist) who was whammied by the Music Meister (guest star Darren Criss). Unable to wake her up, they turn to Team Flash to save her. However, the Music Meister surprises The Flash and puts him in a similar coma, one that Team Flash can’t cure. Kara and Barry wake up without their powers in an alternate reality where life is like a musical and the only way to escape is by following the script, complete with singing and dancing, to the end. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#317). Original airdate 3/21/2017.

[previous episode] | [next episode]

Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 03-27-2017 at 06:11 AM
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Rose!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 03:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yay! SuperFlash team up.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:01 AM
Absolute Fan

I hate to be "that guy", but Floriana is a Series Regular, making the synopsis' labeling of her as a guest star documentably wrong.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She's playing a lesbian. The CW can't give her that much power.
la villanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mislabeling, it happens.

TONIIIIIIIGHT!!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course the crossover happens in the last 3 minutes of this episode.

Now about this episode, I didn't love it.

I loved the Guardian stuff! we haven't seen James that much so it was great seeing a lot of him in action scenes in this episode! I loved that he didn't win his first big fight, it's going to take time but I loved him rescuing Alex from the vehicle. great moment!

I forgot that demon like man name but when he didn't want to fight up against Winn because he was human, I loved it! lol great to see a person who likes competition.

Felt NO sadness for Kara... the sadness I was suppose to feel anyway. Kara should be named "Kara the Heartbreaker"
She broke Winn's heart because she didn't feel the same way.
She broke Cat Grants son, Adam heart because she couldn't be with him while being (secretly ) Supergirl.
After LEADING James on for a year, she broke up with him before they really even started because she had to find herself.

Now she breaks up with Mon-El because he lied about being a Prince, I can understand her being upset but sometimes you gotta work through your issues. Just because he's a Prince from Daxam, it doesn't make him a bad person... if anything. Her reaction justified exactly why he didn't tell her... and if anything she made Rhea seem completely CORRECT about how Kara looks down and feels superior to their kind.

Also, I LOVEEEDDD seeing Teri Hatcher. She was my favorite part about the episode and even just Mon-El parents in general.

I loved that even though Kara and Mon-El broke up, he still wanted to be a good person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I hate to be "that guy", but Floriana is a Series Regular, making the synopsis' labeling of her as a guest star documentably wrong.
They make the mistake with Matt Letscher on Legends of Tomorrow who is a series regular as well.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Total Fan

- Why can’t Winn just find himself a nice alien girlfriend? *cough*Kara*cough*

As much as I liked Winn/Lyra together and was hoping it would work out, I also had this nagging feeling that Lyra was going to do something to betray him. It was for a good reason, but still...

- I loved Winn being Lyra’s hero, and thinking up an awesome plan to save her and her brother..

Actually, I just love Winn in general.

- It was nice seeing Kara and Winn bonding again. The show seems to forget that these two have been friends for a long time.

- Winn: Whatever idiotic thing he's done, I'm sure he had his reasons. You’ve got to decide if those reasons are good enough for your or not.
Me
: Thank you for not telling Kara to straight-up forgive Mon-El like everyone else seems to be doing.

On a side note: Does this mean Kara didn't tell anyone about Mon-El being the Prince of Daxam?

- I love seeing Kara, Winn, and James working together. Oh wait… make that Alex, Winn, and James. Kara is too busy dealing with her lying boyfriend’s family drama.

- Maggie and Alex scare Winn for fun? Poor Winn… but also

- Winn: I should meet this Cisco guy one day. We would be total BFFs.

There's Winn, speaking for the fandom again.

Dear show, why can’t we have Winn/Cisco meet each other in the “real world” (not Musical!Dreamworld)? C’mon… we’re loyal viewers. We deserve nice things!

- Mon-El – you left a little something out when you talked about your life on Daxam… and then you let Kara go up to a ship you obviously recognized, and get shot at. WTF, dude?

- Kara, sweetie – Lyra’s lie to Winn was NOT the same as Mon-El’s lie to you. Lyra lied to save her brother. Mon-El lied to save his own butt.

- So… is the Music Meister an alien in this incarnation, or are they keeping him a metahuman? And how did he know what the portal thingy was, and where it would lead?

Music Meister
: I’m off to find the fastest man alive!
Me
: Well, it’s not Barry Allen if that’s who you’re looking for. Every other speedster is faster than him. Just sayin’

Last edited by Elektra; 03-20-2017 at 08:28 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Great episode. I understand Kara being upset at Mon-EL. Once they became a couple he should have told her about his past and not let her find out the way she did.

Loved the guys fighting together to help Winn's girlfriend.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:50 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- Why can’t Winn just find himself a nice alien girlfriend? *cough*Kara*cough*

As much as I liked Winn/Lyra together and was hoping it would work out, I also had this nagging feeling that Lyra was going to do something to betray him. It was for a good reason, but still...
Why can't Wynn find himself a nice human girlfriend or just stay single for now? There are other options out there for him than being with an alien. Unless the ''heart wants what it wants'' & in this case is wanting nothing, but to be with an alien. In general I wonder how much bad fortune a person needs to have to rather date an alien than another human. Of course Kara is an alien also, though she posing as a human while Winn's girlfriend hasn't been doing that.

I was wondering, how did James not see Lyra's ''backup'' when they were about to fight? All he had to do was look behind him, instead Lyra pointed out to them that they were there. James had just shown up too. Kara is ''Supergirl'', but it's her sister that seems to be bailing out her pals mostly this season. Does Alex have a tracking device or something on James & Winn, so she always knows the time to show up & help out? I wasn't certain of that.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Total Fan

I would post my thoughts on the Dynamic Duet episode, but they're mostly Flash-centric. However:

- I needed more Not!Winn singing! And I still need Cisco and Winn to meet in the real world.

- Music Meister is either from the 5th Dimension like Mxyzptlk... or the Q Continuum.

- They missed a great opportunity to borrow a Disney song this episode, considering how it ended
(from Enchanted):

I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss
And a Prince I'm hoping comes with this
That's what brings ever-afterings so happy.

Just sayin'
Old 03-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Does Alex have a tracking device or something on James & Winn, so she always knows the time to show up & help out? I wasn't certain of that.
I thought, if not mistaken, Winn said this was the plan all along? To have Alex and co. to come to the rescue!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
Great episode. I understand Kara being upset at Mon-EL. Once they became a couple he should have told her about his past and not let her find out the way she did.
I agree.

The line that stuck out to me was "Make Daxam Great again!" I'm like, wow, there's a political shoutout to our current political climate. The real-life parallels, lol!
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:59 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
I thought, if not mistaken, Winn said this was the plan all along? To have Alex and co. to come to the rescue!
OK. I missed him saying that then.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to get my notes from watching on here, but until I can, just imagine me grinning and laughing through most of that Flash ep
Reply   Post New Thread