Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

We can. Do you want to set up a time?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sure, I'm free all day/evening. Just leave a message here in the morning and give me a time.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

I rewatched "Manhunt". There is a lot of foreshadowing in this episode.

The episode starts with Barbie saying that Julia is not cautious and that she runs to the fire. In the finale, she did the opposite.

Then, Big Jim says there will be no frontier justice, and in the finale, he is the ring leader for frontier justice.

Barbie tells Big Jim that being on his team can be hazardous to his health. When in fact, it's not being on Big Jim's team that does him in.

I also thought it was interesting that Big Jim thought Barbie wouldn't care about killing the deputy. Barbie was taken aback by this, and so am I. They just met, and Big Jim is making some big assumptions.

In this episode, Linda tells Big Jim that he doesn't control her, and we all know he makes a liar out of her. I think Linda didn't really face the fact that she killed someone. Maybe if she actually dealt with killing her friend, she wouldn't have lost all her senses. I guess I'm trying to say that maybe her grief from loosing Rusty, Duke, Phil and Freddy is clouding her judgement.

Random Thoughts
It would be interesting to see Barbie go through nicotine withdrawal.

I think they should've kept the crazy creepy Junior. I love how they use the milk to show how Big Jim still sees him as a baby instead of a young troubled adult.

I like how they used the matches to give us a little background on Julia. She remembers what she writes and applies what she learns. I hope that comes up again. Maybe her research from writing stories can help the town move forward.

I hate that they had Carter threaten Joe, because there was no follow through. Carter didn't have any heat behind that threat.

I just realized that Alice and Dodee weren't in this episode. Phil was barely in it.

Also, in the last scene, I would've sneaked a peek into the bathroom not Barbie's bag
Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Candice! Sorry I wasn't here earlier.

Most of the points you mention were details I noticed, too, as seemingly minor things I had forgotten but now recognize as possible foreshadowing.

I was a little surprised at the seeming disconnect from these earliest episodes to the later ones, especially regarding Big Jim.
There are things you only notice when you have the whole season to look back on.
BJ was a Bad Man from the beginning, but very cunning - and never more so than in Manhunt; by the end of the season, he was completely irrational.

I hope the writers have a better season-long plan for S2.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
Thanks, Candice! Sorry I wasn't here earlier.

Most of the points you mention were details I noticed, too, as seemingly minor things I had forgotten but now recognize as possible foreshadowing.

I was a little surprised at the seeming disconnect from these earliest episodes to the later ones, especially regarding Big Jim.
There are things you only notice when you have the whole season to look back on.
BJ was a Bad Man from the beginning, but very cunning - and never more so than in Manhunt; by the end of the season, he was completely irrational.

I hope the writers have a better season-long plan for S2.
Season 1 seemed rushed. I hope they have taken the time to really plan out this season.

Before, I thought Manhunt was just filler, but when you take the whole season into consideration, it does have its place.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. S1 wasn't high on the continuity scale.

Manhunt did seem to set up certain several-episode lines such as Big Jim holding up Barbie as an example of a he-man to Junior and Linda's insistence that BJ wasn't her boss, but those got turned on their heads by midway into the season.

It would've been very interesting to be a fly on the writers'-room wall around that time.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

It would have.

I was listening to a podcast that said Outbreak should've happened later in the serious. I think it would have heightened the emotions if they had an outbreak after the bomb, because they would know that they are truly trapped.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally agree. It would've had a greater impact.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

I think this season will be better.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so, but I do have qualms about some of the casting news.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

I'm taking the wait and see approach on that.

Today starts our two weeks of Outbreak.

I will probably watch it this Thursday.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Candice!

Old 02-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't get a chance to watch Outbreak last night.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't watched it yet, either.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched "Outbreak" tonight.

All the women except Alice and the sweet clinic nurse lost their wits in this one; and the teacher gave up her life for Linda.

-Julia, sick with meningitis, goes to the cabin. Then, after he just saved her life, she tells Barbie to get out of her house before she gets home.
-Angie tries to stab Junior and follows that up by breaking a water pipe in the fallout shelter and knocks herself out.
-Linda deputizes Junior because he calmed people down in the clinic.
-Norrie proposes a joint seizure with Joe.
-Carolyn tries to steal all the insulin in the clinic.

I remember being furious at the cliffhanger ending the first time I saw this episode: Big Jim finding Angie practically in a state of hypothermia in the fallout shelter. Cut to black.

IIRC at that point, we thought it was possible they would let Angie die - just a little differently than she did in the book.