Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe now that they're on Netflix and going to be more naughty a scene like that will happen

Also, guys please refrain from double posting
Old 03-14-2019, 01:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, sorry. I was going to copy and paste it into my 1st post but I hit the wrong button. Then I couldn't find a way to delete the post so kinda just had to leave it.
Kat_d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's ok, that's happened to me as well
Old 03-18-2019, 01:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think it would be funny for a British charecter to be in an episode. Just a guest star as a witness or suspect or something.

Then they can say something inherently British and Lucifer can be confused (Afterall, he probably only picked the accent because Americans think it's sexy)Leading to odd looks from everyone else and Decker having to cover for him with a forced laugh and saying "Lucifer, I'll never understand your BRITISH sense of humour" complete with a stern look.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

That would be funny
Old 03-19-2019, 04:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, so I've noticed a few times that Tom Ellis has a scar on the underside of his chin.

I would love for the writers to put in that it's from when he was defeated and Cast Out.

Like maybe he had a celestrial sword held against his throat and he refused to surrender so the angel facing him started to cut and only stopped because God interceded and brought him for judgement instead of letting him be killed on the battlefield
Old 03-19-2019, 06:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
Ok, so I've noticed a few times that Tom Ellis has a scar on the underside of his chin.

I would love for the writers to put in that it's from when he was defeated and Cast Out.

Like maybe he had a celestrial sword held against his throat and he refused to surrender so the angel facing him started to cut and only stopped because God interceded and brought him for judgement instead of letting him be killed on the battlefield
I've noticed that, too, recently. That would be a great story!
Tavalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
I think it would be funny for a British charecter to be in an episode. Just a guest star as a witness or suspect or something.

Then they can say something inherently British and Lucifer can be confused (Afterall, he probably only picked the accent because Americans think it's sexy)Leading to odd looks from everyone else and Decker having to cover for him with a forced laugh and saying "Lucifer, I'll never understand your BRITISH sense of humour" complete with a stern look.
He did mention that he has had many accents over the years in "High School Poppycock," but that he picked the British because it was "the best." But he's also acted confused by Americanisms, like "trousers vs. pants," and clarified the use of "boot vs. trunk." Tom Ellis thinks it's hilarious that he can get away with saying "wanker" because American censors don't know what it means! I think he ad libbed "bloody hell," too.
That would be funny, but since "tongues" seems to be one of his powers, for me it would be jarring to see him getting thrown off. I can imagine that there were some Mandarin speakers out there chuckling in the scene where he spoke to the Chinese mob, though!
He seems to have a photographic memory, too, like when he asked Pierce, "What happened on page 83?" referring to Moby Dick, and he just looked at the formula for Chloe's antidote in hell before tossing it.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavalah (View Post)
That would be funny, but since "tongues" seems to be one of his powers, for me it would be jarring to see him getting thrown off.
I wasn't thinking so much on the language side. Just a common British phrase like " you know what they say about busses?" and rather than the 'correct' response ("you wait for ages then 3 come along at once") he's baffled by the question. Which confuses the British person he's talking to and maybe puts their cover in jeopardy (if they're undercover) or it would make the person nto trust them as much so Chloe has to cover for him.

Quote:
He seems to have a photographic memory, too, like when he asked Pierce, "What happened on page 83?" referring to Moby Dick, and he just looked at the formula for Chloe's antidote in hell before tossing it.
Yes, I've noticed that. The connotation being that if he does 'forget' something he has chosen to disregard it.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ah, I see. That makes sense. That would be good! It would reinforce his "otherness" but not contradict his powers.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Ah, I see. That makes sense. That would be good! It would reinforce his "otherness" but not contradict his powers.
Yes, exactly. I just thought it would be funny to show an unexpected limit to his language power.

Either that or he has to talk to someone with a crazy strong accent. So his power is telling him they are speaking English but they are from Nova Scotia (I'm wild guessing that's a strong accent for North America, i dont actually know), Newcastle or even Aberdeen.

I mean, my original accent was so abriviated and fast someone from Scotland couldn't understand me.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Lucifer having to stand in a room full of Little Miss Beauty Pageant contestants.

Because the thought of the Devil surrounded by premadona diva children amuses me.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

That'd be fun to see