Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2021, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

6x05 - "The Murder of Lucifer Morningstar" Episode Discussion Thread

Lucifer 6x05 "The Murder of Lucifer Morningstar" Episode Discussion Thread

Premiere September 10th on Netflix.
Written by Lloyd Gilyard Jr.

Not believing that he could have abandoned his future daughter, Lucifer sets out to prove an alternate theory: He must have been murdered.

Important Rules:
* Some of you may not like everything about an episode or about the season that is ok but please try to be constructive when criticizing something. Please keep things civil!
* Do not bash the actors or the characters.
* Respect each other's ships.
* Respect each other.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whoa, the hold that Amenadiel's necklace has on Chloe is stronger than I thought; the fight between her and Lucifer was intense but that ending when she breaks down and realizes what she almost did was

And Chloe getting to talk to and see Dan one last time
Old 09-11-2021, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That necklace is not a good thing for Chloe not wanting to give it up at the beginning of the episode before the show credit

Oh wow that necklace was having such a hold over Chloe stealing the blade

Ella needs to find out that's one of my biggest wishes cause literally everyone else ended up finding out ... Linda/Chloe/Dan

Oh what a heartbreaking end wonder if Lucie figured it out that Dan was going to be the one to make Chloe realize that she didn't need the necklace ... that she was strong without it aka why Chloe ended up not being able to see Dan at the end even if she still had the necklace

Last edited by crash landing; 09-11-2021 at 02:32 PM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

wow that last scene with chloe/dan was everything

Lauren killed it this episode

Loving Ella's storyline, can't wait for her to find out everything
Old 09-15-2021, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lauren did an amazing job in that scene
Old 09-16-2021, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That scene was one of my favorites of the season
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really glad that they got to have that moment
Old 10-09-2021, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope to watch soon!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hope you can watch it soon!
Old 10-11-2021, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I plan to as soon as I feel a little better.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I just watched it ahhhhh so many feels.

I knew something wasn't right with Chloe, and when she didn't want Lucifer to take the sword back to Heaven, the powers that Amenadiel's necklace has taken over her. I love how, even though Chloe admitted to taking the sword and Lucifer looked hurt that she lied to him and let him believe that it was Rory who would kill him in the future, he realised that it was having those powers that was affecting her and that the best thing for Chloe is to take the sword back to Heaven. That fight though The way Lucifer had to stop her. He must have hated having to fight her back like that. The way she had pointed the sword on him but came to her senses when she knew she would never hurt him. Oh the way she broke down though and let Lucifer take the sword and the Deckerstar hug gahhh

Rory is a lot of fun. I love how she 'tortured' Maze and Eve into thinking they break up in the future (but Maze saw through it). So Rory is angry at her dad because he was supposed to have abandoned her. Lucifer is adamant that would never happen, especially given how his own dad abandoned him. But Chloe made a good point about when Lucifer finally takes his place as God, maybe something happens where he inadvertently has to abandon her...I don't like how Rory says that he leaves and Chloe never sees him again. I don't like the sound of this future. I liked how Chloe said that if she was to have a second daughter she would name her Aurora, and that's how she believes Rory's claims.

I loved the therapy scene with Linda, she was so excited about a new family dynamic with a daughter from the future to help. That would be a good story for chapter 17. I knew she was writing a book!

Ella - she was acting a little strange with the whole, is the world ending and about her missing sock with Amenadiel. Gotta admit, I was surprised to see her secret theories about Lucifer, Amenadiel and the others. I wonder how long she's been working on it....is it when she found the frog, or has she been on to it longer? I'm so happy she's figuring it out though, I was wondering when she would find out, if she ever found out, she is the last one to know of course.

The dentist scene was sooooo funny. That receptionist guy was such a wet blanket lol I get that he was mad at Lucifer for making him inadvertently admitting to his wife that he cheated on her because Lucifer thought he slept with her when he didn't, but she was probably going to find out anyway. I loved how they tried to cheer him up at the apartment, nothing really got solved in that department though, they never did try to reconnect him with his wife.

The end scene! Gahhh, how sweet of Lucifer to let Chloe see Dan before taking the sword to Heaven. Dan telling her Trixie is strong because of her, that she doesn't need celestial powers to be strong she's strong all on her own. And then when she couldn't see him anymore, Chloe telling him thank you. gahhh Lauren really did kill it this scene, man I cried.

Is there a reason we're not seeing much of Trixie this season? I miss that girl.
Old 10-30-2021, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I believe Trixie has grown up a little too quickly, but she will have one important scene before the end. Would have liked to have seen her more with Chloe, but they sent her out to camp.

I think the whole Chloe power thing was only justified thanks to that last scene with Dan, where she explains to him that she has felt so "helpless" and "powerless" since he died, and now, I can completely understand her desire for power.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
I just watched it ahhhhh so many feels.

I knew something wasn't right with Chloe, and when she didn't want Lucifer to take the sword back to Heaven, the powers that Amenadiel's necklace has taken over her. I love how, even though Chloe admitted to taking the sword and Lucifer looked hurt that she lied to him and let him believe that it was Rory who would kill him in the future, he realised that it was having those powers that was affecting her and that the best thing for Chloe is to take the sword back to Heaven. That fight though The way Lucifer had to stop her. He must have hated having to fight her back like that. The way she had pointed the sword on him but came to her senses when she knew she would never hurt him. Oh the way she broke down though and let Lucifer take the sword and the Deckerstar hug gahhh

Rory is a lot of fun. I love how she 'tortured' Maze and Eve into thinking they break up in the future (but Maze saw through it). So Rory is angry at her dad because he was supposed to have abandoned her. Lucifer is adamant that would never happen, especially given how his own dad abandoned him. But Chloe made a good point about when Lucifer finally takes his place as God, maybe something happens where he inadvertently has to abandon her...I don't like how Rory says that he leaves and Chloe never sees him again. I don't like the sound of this future. I liked how Chloe said that if she was to have a second daughter she would name her Aurora, and that's how she believes Rory's claims.

I loved the therapy scene with Linda, she was so excited about a new family dynamic with a daughter from the future to help. That would be a good story for chapter 17. I knew she was writing a book!

Ella - she was acting a little strange with the whole, is the world ending and about her missing sock with Amenadiel. Gotta admit, I was surprised to see her secret theories about Lucifer, Amenadiel and the others. I wonder how long she's been working on it....is it when she found the frog, or has she been on to it longer? I'm so happy she's figuring it out though, I was wondering when she would find out, if she ever found out, she is the last one to know of course.

The dentist scene was sooooo funny. That receptionist guy was such a wet blanket lol I get that he was mad at Lucifer for making him inadvertently admitting to his wife that he cheated on her because Lucifer thought he slept with her when he didn't, but she was probably going to find out anyway. I loved how they tried to cheer him up at the apartment, nothing really got solved in that department though, they never did try to reconnect him with his wife.

The end scene! Gahhh, how sweet of Lucifer to let Chloe see Dan before taking the sword to Heaven. Dan telling her Trixie is strong because of her, that she doesn't need celestial powers to be strong she's strong all on her own. And then when she couldn't see him anymore, Chloe telling him thank you. gahhh Lauren really did kill it this scene, man I cried.

Is there a reason we're not seeing much of Trixie this season? I miss that girl.
I loved that too, Lucifer was really understanding and knew it wasn't her fault, that it was the necklace making her act that way and she couldn't control it.

That scene between Chloe and Dan was so beautiful and emotional, I'm glad they got to say their goodbyes. It was a really lovely thing for Lucifer to give them that opportunity.

The reason Trixie isn't in a lot of the season is because of scheduling conflicts, since s5 was planned to be the last one she had already booked other jobs so when they got the surprise 6th season she was booked for a lot of it with other projects.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chloe & Dan was the best scene!
Old 10-31-2021, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was a great scene