Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2020, 07:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian star (View Post)
^ I would love it if Ella found out about Lucifer. I've wanted her to for so long.
I wonder how badly this thing with Pete will affect her.

I think if Ella heads on a downward spiral, Rae-Rae (Azrael) might show up again to help her, and maybe tell her the truth about who she is to give her some hope, which could lead to how Ella finds out the truth about Lucifer and Amenadiel.

Quote:
I lol'd at the beginning of this ep when Lucifer shot himself. He was happy that he was invulnerable.
I think Lucifer made himself invulnerable now because he loves Chloe and wants to be able to protect her (like he said - be her shield).

Quote:
Wait so... Amenadiel has his ability back too? Well, I mean a more advanced one, since he froze time instead of slowing it down.
He got his powers back at the end of Season 2, I think -- when he slowed down time to save Linda after "Mom" attacked her.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I think Lucifer made himself invulnerable now because he loves Chloe and wants to be able to protect her (like he said - be her shield).

He got his powers back at the end of Season 2, I think -- when he slowed down time to save Linda after "Mom" attacked her.
I hadn't thought of it that way, I thought it was more that he was afraid of how vulnerable and human he had allowed himself to become around her so he was shielding himself. I like your theory better

But wasn't that temporary? It took a lot of him to use his powers, and if I remember correctly he later tells Lucifer in the s3 premiere that it was a one-time thing because he hadn't been able to do it again. And again in s4 there are mentions/references of him no longer being able to slow time....
Old 09-06-2020, 10:57 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared ❤︎ Jensen (View Post)
But wasn't that temporary? It took a lot of him to use his powers, and if I remember correctly he later tells Lucifer in the s3 premiere that it was a one-time thing because he hadn't been able to do it again. And again in s4 there are mentions/references of him no longer being able to slow time....
Oh right! Forgot about that. He did say something about not being able to stop time to Remi when she tried to take Charlie in Season 4 -- but I do wonder now if he was just self-actualizing the loss of that ability because he didn't feel the need to use that power anymore (same could be said for Lucifer temporarily losing his mojo in 5X07 too, because he got what he "truly desired". And since Chloe is what he "truly desired", she can use that on HIM now).

As for Amenadiel stopping time in 5x08: I figured it was because Michael played on his fears of Charlie being 100% mortal and eventually dealing with sickness, growing old and dying, so Amenadiel somehow subconsciously thought that if he stopped time, then Charlie would stay a healthy baby forever.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Oh right! Forgot about that. He did say something about not being able to stop time to Remi when she tried to take Charlie in Season 4 -- but I do wonder now if he was just self-actualizing the loss of that ability because he didn't feel the need to use that power anymore (same could be said for Lucifer temporarily losing his mojo in 5X07 too, because he got what he "truly desired". And since Chloe is what he "truly desired", she can use that on HIM now).

As for Amenadiel stopping time in 5x08: I figured it was because Michael played on his fears of Charlie being 100% mortal and eventually dealing with sickness, growing old and dying, so Amenadiel somehow subconsciously thought that if he stopped time, then Charlie would stay a healthy baby forever.
I think so, and that was actually a pretty popular theory that he "stopped having" his time slowing powers due to him not feeling like he needed them anymore which makes sense because it's canon that angels self-actualize and their powers are a reflection of that.

I agree, and that's pretty much what was implicitly put forth by the show that he stopped time due to him freaking out about Charlie being mortal.

I wonder if now he'll keep his powers to bend time or if it was once again a one time thing...
Old 10-15-2020, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Wow. That was an episode!

Thank goodness Dan never ended up actually hurting Lucifer as it turns out Lucifer is invulnerable again.

Lucifer wanting payback on Dan with a corn snake was old school Lucifer. Felt bad for him that he kicked himself for being so distracted when Chloe got kidnapped.

Detective Morningstar and Ella on the case I loved that it showed how much Lucifer had learned over the years on how to do detective work.

When Peter offered Ella his papers on the serial killer I suspected something was up, he seemed so nice to begin with but something just didn't add up, especially when it was revealed that the serial killer was still out there. And sure enough when Ella went to his house and found his secret room. Poor Ella, she can't seem to catch a break.

It didn't surprise me that it turned out to be Michael who kidnapped Chloe and not the serial killer. He's been really been causing quite the havoc!

Lucifer getting his mojo back again! I can understand why Chloe has fears that Lucifer is pushing her away because it seems like he isn't choosing being vulnerable around her with being invulnerable again. But yeah, it's because he does love her and wants to protect her. Loved their private talk at the end. Lucifer just about to say those three words and time stops. I was just as annoyed as Lucifer was at that.

So Amenadiel, when Michael tapped into his fears of Charlie being mortal, feeling pain and dying of old age, was able to not only slow down time but stop it completely. Interesting.

I can't understand why Maze would side with Michael, I doubt he would be able to offer what he promised her, his soul. I know it feels to her that he's the only one who's been honest with her, but after what he did to Chloe, and she was ready to hurt him from that. But then, she's still angry with Lucifer for not telling her about her mother. I hope that Maze will realise that she already has a soul. She's shown so many qualities of having one. She just needs to find herself.

The fight between Lucifer, Michael, Amenadiel and Maze was absolutely freaking epic! I loved that Lucifer said "oh my dad" a couple times in this episode. It was if it was a sign. I can't wait for S5B to see how this plays out.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have yet to watch Season Five!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Detective Morningstar and Ella on the case I loved that it showed how much Lucifer had learned over the years on how to do detective work.
I loved seeing him and Ella work together Yeah, that was awesome

Quote:
When Peter offered Ella his papers on the serial killer I suspected something was up, he seemed so nice to begin with but something just didn't add up, especially when it was revealed that the serial killer was still out there. And sure enough when Ella went to his house and found his secret room. Poor Ella, she can't seem to catch a break.
I felt so bad for Ella! I hope she finds some happiness in 5b

Quote:
I can't understand why Maze would side with Michael, I doubt he would be able to offer what he promised her, his soul. I know it feels to her that he's the only one who's been honest with her, but after what he did to Chloe, and she was ready to hurt him from that. But then, she's still angry with Lucifer for not telling her about her mother. I hope that Maze will realise that she already has a soul. She's shown so many qualities of having one. She just needs to find herself.
I can kind of understand her POV, and I get that she feels betrayed and abandoned but tbh her siding with Michael is a storyline that feels like the writers took a couple steps back with the character development she had already made and seems reminiscent in part to her siding with Cain in s3.

Quote:
The fight between Lucifer, Michael, Amenadiel and Maze was absolutely freaking epic! I loved that Lucifer said "oh my dad" a couple times in this episode. It was if it was a sign. I can't wait for S5B to see how this plays out.
I loved that fight! It was so awesome!
Old 10-21-2020, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I hope Ella does too.

Yeah, it does feel reminiscent of her siding with Cain in S3.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
I have yet to watch Season Five!
I have started now!
Old 10-22-2020, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

That's great Fatima! Enjoy!
Old 10-23-2020, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
I have started now!
Old 10-24-2020, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's great Fatima! Enjoy!
Thanks, Liv! I did enjoy it!

^ Thanks, Gelly!
Old 10-24-2020, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad that you enjoyed the season!
Old 10-25-2020, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. I Did!

Will the next eight episodes be Season Five Part 2 or Season Six?
Old 10-25-2020, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Part 2