Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2019, 12:58 AM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
Jared ❤︎ Jensen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 113,540
4x08 - "Super Bad Boyfriend" Episode Discussion Thread

Lucifer 4x08 "Super Bad Boyfriend" Episode Discussion Thread


Premiered May 8th on Netflix.
Written by Jason Ning


Lucifer and Chloe investigate a teacher's murder; Lucifer goes to extremes to convince Eve to dump him; Amenadiel mentors a teen.


Important Rules:
* Some of you may not like everything about an episode or about the season that is ok but please try to be constructive when criticizing something. Please keep things civil!
* Do not bash the actors or the characters.
* Respect each other's ships.
* Respect each other.

__________________
Thank you Jared & Jensen for 15 years of Supernatural.

Supernatural 2005-2020
Jared ❤︎ Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:38 PM
  #2
Dedicated Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 745
Amenadiel asking people at Lux about their fathers was frickin' hilarious.
Him helping the kid and the conclusion of that was epicly moving. I really felt for him.

Eve and Lucifer finally breaking up was hard to watch cos, as much as they were enabling each other to further and further indulgences, they did sort of.make each other happy. Just not in a healthy way.

Lucifer finally realising that he doesn't like that both Eve and Chloe saw him in a different light was a breakthrough and I think Tom Ellis acted it perfectly. Eve wanted him to go back to how he was and sees him wholely as the Devil. Chloe wants him to go forward and sees him as a good man. Lucifer doesn't see himself as either and doesn't like it.
Kat_d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:12 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
Jared ❤︎ Jensen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 113,540
Bad husband Lucifer and later on Eve joining him

Loved Eve helping Maze date

I was not expecting this show to go...there, it was heartbreaking and jarring to see Amenadiel be discriminated by those two cops I wasn't expecting it, it was a dose of reality that took me by surprise but was very well done imo. His whole story with the kid was so touching and the end I loved him and Lucifer teaming up to kick some butt.

Tom's acting was brilliant during both his break up scene with Eve and telling Chloe that he doesn't like the way she sees him either.
__________________
Thank you Jared & Jensen for 15 years of Supernatural.

Supernatural 2005-2020
Jared ❤︎ Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:58 PM
  #4
New Fan
 
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
Amenadiel asking people at Lux about their fathers was frickin' hilarious.
Him helping the kid and the conclusion of that was epicly moving. I really felt for him.

Eve and Lucifer finally breaking up was hard to watch cos, as much as they were enabling each other to further and further indulgences, they did sort of.make each other happy. Just not in a healthy way.

Lucifer finally realising that he doesn't like that both Eve and Chloe saw him in a different light was a breakthrough and I think Tom Ellis acted it perfectly. Eve wanted him to go back to how he was and sees him wholely as the Devil. Chloe wants him to go forward and sees him as a good man. Lucifer doesn't see himself as either and doesn't like it.
Lucifer only barely realizes how much he's changed. He thinks Chloë's version of him is a lie, as he still thinks his core is a monstrous one. Throughout he says, "my true self", as if the good in him is fake, he got pretty close in season 3 to thinking maybe he did change but the return of his devil face only confirmed to him he would always be a monster. Finally he realizes that he has changed, but thinks it's so small compared to how Chloë sees him he still can't be with her.

I hope in the next season he will see while in Hell just how much he has changed. Since the Hell is one in which you remain "until you think you don't deserve to be punished anymore" (his own words), I am hoping that will lead him out and be able to realize he does deserve to be happy with Chloë.

The entire "break up" conversation at the beginning hinges on his belief in himself as a monster - that that is "who he is". He sees no good or very little good in himself, and that's been ground into him for who knows how long. But I think his return to Hell will lead him to reject it for good.
Lucifan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:26 AM
  #5
Dedicated Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifan422 (View Post)
Lucifer only barely realizes how much he's changed. He thinks Chloë's version of him is a lie, as he still thinks his core is a monstrous one. Throughout he says, "my true self", as if the good in him is fake, he got pretty close in season 3 to thinking maybe he did change but the return of his devil face only confirmed to him he would always be a monster. Finally he realizes that he has changed, but thinks it's so small compared to how Chloë sees him he still can't be with her.

I hope in the next season he will see while in Hell just how much he has changed. Since the Hell is one in which you remain "until you think you don't deserve to be punished anymore" (his own words), I am hoping that will lead him out and be able to realize he does deserve to be happy with Chloë.

The entire "break up" conversation at the beginning hinges on his belief in himself as a monster - that that is "who he is". He sees no good or very little good in himself, and that's been ground into him for who knows how long. But I think his return to Hell will lead him to reject it for good.
Very well put
Kat_d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:27 PM
  #6
Fan Forum Hero

 
livstevi21's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 67,562
This episode was both absolutely hilarious, with Lucifer trying so hard to be a bad boyfriend to Eve, but it backfires and Eve just joins in with everything to the moving and absolutely heartbreaking story with Amenadiel and the troubled yet good teen he was trying to help, learning how to be a father. The fact that the kid gets killed at the end is absolutely soul destroying.
__________________
Within Temptation | Tom Welling
Met Tom Welling at LFCC 2018 | He called me "so sweet"
Then met him again in Dec 2019 with other Smallville cast at WCC
livstevi21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:21 PM
  #7
Dedicated Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Amenadiel and the troubled yet good teen he was trying to help, learning how to be a father. The fact that the kid gets killed at the end is absolutely soul destroying.
Yes, heartbreaking.

Pretty sure being given a piece of the flaming sword by an arch angel counts as a free pass into heaven though
Kat_d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:11 AM
  #8
Fan Forum Hero

 
livstevi21's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 67,562
Oh yeah, that kid is in heaven with Charlotte for sure.
__________________
Within Temptation | Tom Welling
Met Tom Welling at LFCC 2018 | He called me "so sweet"
Then met him again in Dec 2019 with other Smallville cast at WCC
livstevi21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:42 AM
  #9
Master Fan

 
TomsEnough's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Backstreet Boys
Lucifer
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 22,019
I need to watch Season 4 again!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
episode discussion, lucifer


Forum Affiliates
Daily Deckerstar, Tom Welling Pakistan
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST