Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

3x09 - "The Sinnerman" Episode Discussion - Airs Dec 4th

3x09
"The Sinnerman"

Lucifer is worried when he realizes that recipients of his favors start to turn up dead. After he and Chloe investigate, they are finally brought face-to-face with the Sinnerman. Meanwhile, Detective Pierce returns to work after taking a bullet, Charlotte finds a new career and Amenadiel has a new love interest.

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy
Old 12-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited to see the sinnerman
Old 12-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Really pumped for this episode
Old 12-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

I'm really not here for Linda and Amenadiel. I like their friendship, but I want Amenadiel with Maze.

Magnus and Alec
Chasity05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasity05 (View Post)
I'm really not here for Linda and Amenadiel. I like their friendship, but I want Amenadiel with Maze.
I feel you cause there's no other endgame for me than Amenadiel/Maze but these writers are kinda genius with how they've done these character well enough that I can enjoy any combination of couples until my endgames happen for good I mean, it's our baby Amenadiel and our baby Linda So I'm not mad. I just don't want it as a main couple because Amenadiel and Maze belong together 100%. Plus, Maze freaking out means the writers haven't forgotten about Amenadiel/Maze which was a fear of mine.

I'm still hoping for a Dan/Maze hook up by the way

Same way I can appreciate Dan/Charlotte, Dan/Chloe and Chloe/Marcus even though I want Lucifer/Chloe and Dan/Ella in the end.

And speaking of Maze, how amazing to finally see an episode with all our characters in it again Charlotte, too, but especially Maze who I've been missing so much. Loved all the Lucifer/Maze scenes.

Marcus is still intriguing and a question mark which I guess is the whole point. I want more. I'm glad he opened up a bit and I hope he's telling the truth.

Not enough Dan here but I'm not gonna complain cause we got a lot of him this season Plus that end scene with Charlotte was nice.

Overall probably my favorite episode this season The case was really interesting, with how it connected to Lucifer and the Sinnerman. We're finally back to moving along with the main storyline of the season
Old 12-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

OMG the ending was creepy as.

Loved that everyone was in this episode! So happy to see Maze back, I missed her so much, and it's adorable how she freaked a little at the idea of Linda and Amenedial together. I loved how she locked Lucifer back in his prison that the Sinnerman trapped him in, and demanded that he listen to her for once.

I knew the Sinnerman wasn't Marcus. But I still was kinda disappointed at the reveal of who he was, which was a complete stranger. I was expecting a bigger lead up to his reveal or something. I want to know more as to how he knows Lucifer is the devil.

I felt kinda sorry for Charlotte in this episode. You can tell she's really trying her best. I liked how Dan consoled her.

My Tom was awesome as always. Finally back after a few weeks (felt like forever). Great to see so much of him this time, and getting to know Marcus more. So his brother was killed by the Sinnerman, which is why he has a personal vendetta against him. Need to know more, there's got to be more! I liked the stakeout scene with him and Chloe, and how she could relate to his feelings, telling him how her father was killed on duty. Chloe is so obviously flustered around him. I loved how she looked at him when she watched him carrying table. And the first scene with him back. HOLY. He's still got it. Still waiting for that shirtless scene.

So after a bit of a shootout with Chloe after him, Marcus manages to catch the Sinnerman and arrests him. That was...kinda easy. But it looks like the guy has something up his sleeve. And the ending totally grossed me out....he did that just so he wouldn't ever be able to give in to telling Lucifer his true desires. **shudders** Seriously. Gross. And this show has had gross stuff in the past, but this is something else. **shudders again**
Old 12-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think that guy is gonna end up being Sinnerman to be honest Maybe a partner? I think we'll get the big reveal on the finale next week

Agreeing on wanting a shirtless Marcus scene
Old 12-05-2017, 03:49 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah. The Sinnerman taking his own eyes out apparently was shocking. Solid episode.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I personally think he did that so Lucie wouldn't find out that he's actually working for someone else.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:55 PM

Could be. It was so freaky I hadn't thought about why he did yet. Are you excited that Charlotte is on the other side of the law now?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely, gives us more opportunity to see the wonderful Tricia play along side the rest of the cast without always being the outcast. Even though she still kinda is, I feel this episode was a step in the right direction for her character
Old 12-05-2017, 04:00 PM

I'm curious how much longer Ella acts so strange around her.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Let's be honest, Ella acts strange around everyone
Old 12-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Total Fan

I'm thinking whoever they arrested is actually the Sinnerman's loyal (brainwashed?) disciple rather than the Sinnerman himself.

It's possible the Sinnerman might be Marcus, but that may be too obvious since he's the only new character this season (It's Dan! Okay... maybe not... but that would be an interesting plot twist )

I recall seeing a quick scene at the end of one of the earlier episodes this season that showed a bunch of files in a drawer with Maze, Amenadiel, and Lucifer's names (and another name of someone we haven't met yet). I think those files belong to the real Sinnerman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
I personally think he did that so Lucie wouldn't find out that he's actually working for someone else.
He did say something about "now you can't see into my soul", so I'm pretty sure it was to hide the truth.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I'm thinking whoever they arrested is actually the Sinnerman's loyal (brainwashed?) disciple rather than the Sinnerman himself.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so