Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea Candy seems like a great woman
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was so cutesy and funny.

I’m glad we’re getting to learn more about Ella, seeing her interact with Lucifer was a lot fun.

I liked seeing Candy again, and I like that we got to learn how the whole Lucifer/Candy marriage happened.

I love all the character interaction we got; Chloe and Linda getting drunk in Luci’s apartment was as fun as the gifs made it seem, I loved Dan helping them break into Lucifer’s safe, and them all falling asleep in his apartment was cute.

The final scene between Lucifer/Chloe

The writers are really utilizing those 4 standalones and I love them for it.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm so behind this time I only just got to watch this episode tonight. Absolutely loved it!

Chloe "but it's my birthday" LOVED the Chloe/Linda/Dan scenes at Lucifer's apartment.

Also enjoyed the Candy storyline, it was so nice to see how Lucifer met her and how he came to the idea of them getting 'married'. I loved that Ella went with him to Vegas, it was great to see them interact more.

The ending though. Things look like they're heading back in the right direction for Chloe/Lucifer which is awesome.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
The ending though. Things look like they're heading back in the right direction for Chloe/Lucifer which is awesome.
That's my biggest hope
Old 09-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

When I rewatched this episode yesterday I just realized that the bullet necklace isn't just this joke Luci tells. It's a reminder of the fact that Chloe makes him vulnerable and maybe much more deeply meaningful than both realize consciously at that moment. It's almost a symbolic confession of his feelings and how much he puts himself into danger for Chloe. What a tragedy she doesn't know the full story behind it yet. I hope the necklace will resurface in s4.
Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
When I rewatched this episode yesterday I just realized that the bullet necklace isn't just this joke Luci tells. It's a reminder of the fact that Chloe makes him vulnerable and maybe much more deeply meaningful than both realize consciously at that moment. It's almost a symbolic confession of his feelings and how much he puts himself into danger for Chloe. What a tragedy she doesn't know the full story behind it yet. I hope the necklace will resurface in s4.
That's such a beautiful way to put it

It'd be wonderful to see the necklace again in s4
Old 02-25-2019, 04:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Anybody else wonder why there are times that Lucifer can take several bullets in the chest, smile and keep right on stalking the shooter, but other times he gets knocked to the floor and appears dead for a moment?
Tavalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Even though I wonder about the inconsistencies, I still love this show and this episode was a lot of fun! It was good to see more about his "fake marriage" to Candy, and more about Ella, too. I wonder if Candy has some immunity to Lucifer's "charm" too? Does she know he's actually the Devil? He didn't seem concerned that Linda would reveal that in their session. Neither Ella nor Candy seemed upset that he got shot by the bartender, either.
I loved the touching end, with the bullet necklace, too. Yes, I see some holes in the story (I'm a writer, myself) but I still adore this show! The themes it explores are so compelling. Watching Lucifer's emotional growth is addictive, even though I want to throttle him, sometimes!
Old 02-25-2019, 08:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavalah (View Post)
Anybody else wonder why there are times that Lucifer can take several bullets in the chest, smile and keep right on stalking the shooter, but other times he gets knocked to the floor and appears dead for a moment?
I never really considered it before beyond 'because the plot says so' but I propose it could be due to his suprise. Most of the times he has just shrugged the bullit off he has been fully prepared and known that the attack was coming. When he has fallen down/played dead it is often when he was taken off guard or, especially when the socialite shot him in S1, he expected it to hurt. Kinda like how Hudini could take a gut punch when he prepared for it but when someone tried it without warning it killed him.
Kat_d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
I never really considered it before beyond 'because the plot says so' but I propose it could be due to his suprise. Most of the times he has just shrugged the bullit off he has been fully prepared and known that the attack was coming. When he has fallen down/played dead it is often when he was taken off guard or, especially when the socialite shot him in S1, he expected it to hurt. Kinda like how Hudini could take a gut punch when he prepared for it but when someone tried it without warning it killed him.
That does seem to work. He's in full battle mode when he stalks through it. In the pilot, he "dies" beside Delilah, but takes six bullets in front of Chloe when he's enraged.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavalah (View Post)
Neither Ella nor Candy seemed upset that he got shot by the bartender
I think that really is a plot hole, I don't think Luci convinced Candy he is the devil by showing his wings (or his face earlier).

Btw, is this the only episode with a title not exactly a Luci-quote?
Old 04-13-2019, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if we'll ever see Candy again? I like her and Lucifer's friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)

Btw, is this the only episode with a title not exactly a Luci-quote?
No, other characters have said the title as a quote before, like Linda in "The Good, the Bad and the Crispy"
Old 04-13-2019, 11:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Would also be cool to see Dan or Chloe in Vegas, they could go there again.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Or Amenadiel. I'd be fun to see him get drunk in Vegas
Old 04-15-2019, 07:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

That would be great!
Reply   Post New Thread