Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2016, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

2x06 - "Monster" Episode Discussion - Airs October 31st

2x06
"Monster"

Guilty and self-destructive, Lucifer clashes with Chloe during an investigation, leading her to team up with Dan instead. Meanwhile, Amenadiel bonds with Charlotte, and Maze takes Trixie trick-or-treating.

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 11-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Oh poor baby Lucifer!
Old 11-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Total Fan

* Poor Luci is feeling so guilty for what he did. Not only that, but Dr. Linda is scared of him now.

Lucifer playing "Unforgiven" on the piano was quite fitting though. Wish he had sung it too.

What I've felt,
What I've known
Never shined through in what I've shown.
Never free.
Never me.
So I dub thee unforgiven.

* I can't help but think Mom is manipulating her sons and subtly turning them against their father. She already got one son to kill for her. Now she's working on another one.

* I loved Maze and Trixie bonding over Halloween, and Maze partially revealing herself to her (even if Trixie thought it was just a costume) . Seeing them curled up on the couch together was cute.

I wonder if Chloe will ever find out the truth (ie: a demon is hanging out with her kid, and her partner is the devil).

Last edited by Elektra; 11-01-2016 at 07:38 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think Chloe will find out this season. They had him out himself to the therapist to avoid having to do that. I also think they've laid off a bit on the romance angle between Chloe and Lucifer to make it less glaringly obvious how they're stringing their audience along. They'll stall it as long as possible.

In fact I can see Lucifer telling Linda having catastrophic consequences to act as a warning example.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

^ Agreed.

I liked that the case was the secondary story this week and that we got to see more of Lucifer being emotional and dealing with family stuff.

I don't want them to get away from the Supernatural stuff. Do you think Amenadiel can get his powers back? I know his mom was talking about it, but I hope they do come back at some point.

I did enjoy Maze and Trixie with the Halloween stuff. The costume on Trixie was great.

Lucifer saying he doesn't always do what he wants and then he punched Dan. And also hugging him and stealing his badge and gun.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm kind of in awe of the last scene that I barely remember the rest of the episode I'm so glad he showed his face, and Linda's reaction is proof that he's not so out of his mind when he decides not to do it with Chloe. Linda was terrified, beyond shock. I can't wait to see where this goes. And I really hope Amenadiel gets his powers back. They all need to stop caring what God thinks and live their lives on Earth how they want. Free will, people!
Old 11-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

While I certainly would like for Amenadiel to get his powers back I think the show is sort of hurt by what seems to be a retcon of the angels' power levels. In the comics Amenadiel never really stood a chance against Lucifer who was by far the more powerful; their relationship was also more antagonistic. I think it cheapens the show to have Lucifer - Satan, ffs! - be some sort of little brother to an angel nobody ever heard of. A little brother with a mommy complex. It seems like Amenadiel has taken on the role of Michael in this series, but the problem is if it goes on for long enough we definitely will meet Michael. Could he smite Lucifer like a fly, then? Like, let's be honest here. Lucifer is the main antagonist of the Biblical mythology. He lead a credible rebellion against Heaven.

I am also saying it's a retcon because it seems to contradict the first episodes, where it seemed obvious Lucifer was the stronger. I think the show has nerfed him enough.

I am cosigning the request for more supernatural elements; as I've said multiple times the police procedural shtick can only work for so long.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

To me this episode was great. I love that it concentrated more on the supernatural aspect and Lucifer's grief than on a case, it was very interesting seeing this completely different side of Lucifer. I wouldn't say he went dark but he was definitely more reckless. The case while secondary was still interesting.

The character interactions were all fantastic. Loved Amenadiel and Charlotte bonding, I found that scene with Maze and Trixie trick or treating adorable. Also loved that we got to see not just Maze's true face but also Lucifer's and that Lucifer's true face was revealed to Dr.Linda.

I just loved this episode over all, I can't find a complaint.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:04 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I haven't seen this episode yet as it's not On Demand for me at this time & wasn't home early enough on Monday to catch. So Amendial doesn't have powers yet? Tough for him. So what did Lucifer punch dad for?
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I haven't seen this episode yet as it's not On Demand for me at this time & wasn't home early enough on Monday to catch. So Amendial doesn't have powers yet? Tough for him. So what did Lucifer punch dad for?
He just said there were things he wanted to do but didn't, like this and then he punched Dan. Lucifer was acting out this episode because he was still upset about his brother.

I hope you are able to watch it soon!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 01:22 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yes. I saw this episode today. I think it showed why having a wedding in a cemetery is not a good idea usually if ever. Geez. I wonder why Dan didn't notice that his badge & gun were missing earlier or mention it to Chloe? It seems like something he'd notice soon as it happen about. It was nice that Lucifer showed his therapists in his true form. Unsure if I'd freeze up like she did as well if I was her. Tough to say how anyone would react in that situation.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, the ending scene with Linda was terrific!

I felt so sad about Luci not being able to tell Chloe and Chloe seemed disappointed by that, but of course the writers will evolve their relationship very slowly.

I loved Maze's demon face, much more pretty than in the comics.
Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chris Rafferty, the writer for this episode, did a great job between showing Lucifer's grief over the death of one of his brother while still giving us lighthearted moments and a Halloween vibe.

Maze and Trixie spending time together

Rachel Harris and Tom both did amazing in the final scene
Old 09-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Maze/Trixie love them going trick or treat especially when Trixie loves her half demon face "costume"

Its always a favorite scene of mine whenever Tom/Lucifer plays piano or sings or both so his playing the piano while also showing Amendial's being done with his father

Chloe coming home to finding Maze/Trixie cuddled together on the sofa

Couldn't remember when Linda found out the truth but it was needed -- he had to confide in her tbh where he needs her

Last edited by crash landing; 09-08-2020 at 04:21 PM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Maze and Trixie scenes in this episode were so sweet

Yeah, I'm glad Linda found out