Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2016, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

2x01 - "Everything's Coming Up Lucifer" Episode Discussion - Airs September 19th

2x01 - "Everything's Coming Up Lucifer"

Lucifer is distracted by his mother's escape from hell, as he and Chloe investigate the murder of a stand-in actress. Meanwhile, Chloe's faith in Lucifer is tested by the new medical examiner, Ella. Also, Amenadiel hopes to rein in Lucifer's wild side, as they both deal with the absence of Maze.

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sooo.... nothing yet?

I really liked the episode. Followed right up where last season ended.

Sure, I couldn't help but find Chloe annoying, when she was still refusing to believe a word Lucifer's telling about his person. Then she's all "I've got your blood. I'll have it tested. Then I'm gonna have asnwers." - But she still hasn't have it tested.
But I guess she's just afraid of what that test would show.

I'm glad Maze showed up again. But I wasn't surprised that the person she went to for help was Doctor Linda.

Lucifer and Amanediel trakking down all those criminals to check mom didn't possess any of them was hilarious.

Not sure about the end.
It made it look like mom wasn't really that bad and kind of a victim of something.
But I'm pretty sure she's not gonna be any of that.

What pisses me off the most is that we have to wait two weeks for the next episode.
Season premiere and there's already a break.
BoneLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:53 AM
Total Fan

So glad this show is back! Not so glad that we have to take a 2 week break already (why didn't they just hold off on airing the premiere until then so it would start uninterrupted). Here are some thoughts:

Chloe: I think she knows there's something otherworldly about Lucifer, but she doesn't want confirmation (hence why she tossed the blood away). This way, she can live in denial instead of having her entire belief system (or lack thereof) questioned. Not only that... but he's the devil, and his actual existence - let alone that fact that she's hanging out with him - is something she doesn't even want to consider.

Amenadiel: I think the loss of his powers is either 1) a psychological block ie: he's losing confidence in himself and is currently mission-less right now. His mission was to convince Lucifer to go back to Hell, and he failed. He also stooped really low in order to accomplish that mission, and feels guilty. OR 2) Something happened when Maze brought him back with Lucifer's feather. Maybe his powers only work properly when he's near Lucifer now?

Maze: I'm not sure if she's dating Dr. Linda, or if she's just become BFFs with her.

Ella: I like her so far. Maybe she'll be the first mortal (that's not insane, or locked up) to believe Lucifer is who he says he is.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

this show is better than ever! How I missed Lucifer!

Chloe wants deviled eggs
Old 09-20-2016, 03:10 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Chloe is in denial & it's frustrating to watch, but oh well.

So Amenadiel has feelings I guess for Maze & similar to Lucifer's affliction with Chloe it's making him vulnerable it appears. I suppose that angels can fall in love & have the same feelings that humans do though if Amenadiel loses his strength because of this love story then I'd think he'd be pretty ticked about that. I was kinda thinking that there's no way Lucifer & Amenadiel have the same parents, but if they are from ''hell'' then I suppose that's possible. If I was Amenadiel just Lucifer having an English accent while I don't have 1 would make me mad. I'd guess Amendiel will be wary of his mom. I wonder what would've happened if Amendial didn't shoot himself in his chest & instead a part that wasn't protected by a bullet-proof vest while Chloe was watching it happen. The vest I thought was lame though.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I found this a so so episode. It had its good moments but overall not as good as it could have been. It felt like I got thrown in the middle of an episode and it took of like a rollercoaster. I get what the writers were probably trying to do which is lay the foundation for the second season quickly so they can really play around in the later episodes but it just wasn’t executed as well as it could have been. Watching the show I could tell which storylines they were trying to wrap up and which ones they were trying to start.

The case served its purpose, I really didn’t find it that interesting.
Character wise:

Dan, look I’ll believe a lot of things but I will not believe that he handed himself up and in 2 days got back to his job (for the most part) in the police force like nothing had happened simply because the force didn’t want a scandal in their hands. This is what I meant when I said I could see what storylines the writers wanted wrapped up.

How long are they gonna stretch the whole Chloe thing because it just makes her seem stupid and annoying, it’s like round and round we go will she find out the truth? God I hope so. I thought they were finally going to stop it and then they did that whole Amenadiel thing which was just annoying.

I think what’s messing Amenadiel’s powers up is that he’s falling from grace.

Ella, I don’t really have an opinion on.

I like seeing Maze and Dr. Linda being friends. Hope we get to see a lot more of that. Loved seeing the brothers interact, the first five minutes with them trying to find their mom was definitely a highlight for me.

As for the two week break the only thing I'm going to say is that FOX makes the stupidest decisions when it comes to its shows.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Not only that... but he's the devil, and his actual existence - let alone that fact that she's hanging out with him - is something she doesn't even want to consider.
But she's not the religous typ.
It's probably more like: I shouldn't be, so it can't be.
But seriously, closing your eyes to what's right in front of you has never helped before.

Quote:
2) Something happened when Maze brought him back with Lucifer's feather. Maybe his powers only work properly when he's near Lucifer now?
That's a good thought.

Quote:
Ella
I totally forgot about her. That ones great.
But since you brought her up and considering what you said about Chloe. It would make much more sense for Ella to not even consider Lucifer actually being that otherworldy being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Chloe is in denial & it's frustrating to watch, but oh well.
For me it's actually annoying.
Though it might be because she doesn't even consider the possibility.
BoneLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneLady (View Post)
But she's not the religous typ.
It's probably more like: I shouldn't be, so it can't be.
But seriously, closing your eyes to what's right in front of you has never helped before.
But I think that's the whole thing -- she isn't religious and doesn't want to believe any of that stuff. If she had proof that Lucifer really was a divine being, that would mess up her belief (lack of belief?) system. Kind of like how Fox Mulder "wants to believe", but Chloe Decker "does NOT want to believe"

I wish she WOULD believe, though, just for the simple reason that I hate it when the human-character is in the dark about the super-character in these shows (albeit in this case, it's her own fault rather than a secret being deliberately kept from her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneLady (View Post)
But since you brought her up and considering what you said about Chloe. It would make much more sense for Ella to not even consider Lucifer actually being that otherworldy being.
I think Ella would do a better job of accepting it than Chloe is doing right now.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I missed this show so much, seriously

I agree that it was a bit slow on parts, I wish Mom had shown up in the middle, but I understand them saving it up as a cliffhanger.

I found it interesting that after Amenadiel gave Chloe a reasonable explanation, THEN she started doubting that Lucifer might be telling the truth. She was presented with solid evidence but her gut feeling told her there was something there. But seriously she does need to find out asap! It'll get ridiculous otherwise.

Maze So angsty with Amenadiel! And I'm glad she's seeing Linda.

I just wanna hug Dan.

I need to rewatch this to grasp everything
Old 09-23-2016, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I may have missed last season, but premiere was
Old 09-23-2016, 04:06 PM

I think there were only 12 episodes in season 1. Did you read any of the comics before watching?
Old 09-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Once again they delivered. I laughed often throughout the episode. Lucifer thinking everyone was his mom kindof made me laugh.

So sweet moments with Chloe and Luci.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:37 PM

I guess that could be funny, though if I saw a grown man going around thinking every woman he saw was his mom, I'd wonder what was up.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

If it was a normal person sure....Lucifer is so far from normal though!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Lucifer thinking everyone was his mom kindof made me laugh.
Those were some of the best moments in the premiere