Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2016, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1x08 - "Et Tu, Doctor?" Episode Discussion - airs March 14th

1x08 - "Et Tu, Doctor?"

EVEN THE DEVIL GETS JEALOUS ON AN ALL-NEW "LUCIFER" MONDAY, MARCH 14, ON FOX

When a therapist is murdered, Lucifer and Chloe enlist the help of Dr. Linda to look into possible suspects. Meanwhile, Malcolm confronts Chloe about the night he was shot, and Lucifer experiences his first bout of jealousy in the all-new "Et Tu, Doctor?" episode of LUCIFER airing Monday, March 14.

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 03-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Was so getting the feeling that Dan was the bad cop Squee this has gotten JUICY for sure

Man so loving this twist that Dan is bad/crocked excited
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I'm not that surprise they are somewhat going to the love triangle route with Dan/Chloe/Lucifer, or at least that is what I thought was the whole point of Lucifer being jealous, and Chloe (probably) getting back with Dan.

So Dan is the dirty cop, of course it doesn't seem like Malcolm is completely innocent either, and seems to be a master manipulator. Although did Malcolm kill his former partner and for what reason exactly besides framing him? However I do wonder how they are going to play Dan being the dirty cop out. Considering I can only see 2 options for him at this point, in jail or dead. Although either option is pretty bad for Chloe & Trixie.

As for the final scene between Maze & Lucifer, I'm not surprise how it played it out. Because even though Maze believed she was doing the right thing, she still betrayed Lucifer. Of course I doubt it would last long.

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh I felt love triangle right from the start Where had been on a lesser scale shipping her with Dan but primarily Lucifer/Chloe
Old 03-14-2016, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I had a feeling they might have gone there. (Even though I didn't necessary see Chloe still having feelings for Dan prior to this ep. I mean sure there was her insistence of Taco Night but I thought it was more for Trixie than any lingering feelings)

But I will say this Dirty Cop!Dan makes him more interesting. Still don't like him, but for awhile I didn't see the point of him. It seems he didn't really have a storyline of his own besides being Chloe's ex and Trixie's father. At least with this dirty cop story line he has a bit more material.

But Lucifer will probably remain friend zoned for awhile.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Total Fan

* @ Lucifer getting jealous of Chloe/Dan.

* Luci was quick to figure out who Dr. Canaan is. I guess he knows his brother well

* I'm glad that Dr. Linda is going to stop taking sex as payment. I'd like to see her around as an important member of "Team Lucifer" (for lack of a better term) without that hanging over her character.

* I have a feeling that Dan the Dirty Cop got in a bit too deep. Whatever it is Dan and Malcolm were involved in, I don't think Dan ever meant for it to go as far as it has.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly we don't know the whole story between Dan shooting Malcolm even though I suspect we will find out by the season finale. However, I kind of disagree he never meant it to go that far firing a gun has consequences and he did shoot 2 people Malcolm almost ended up dead don't remember about his CI though. Do I think Malcolm is innocent. No, but after the last ep I don't think Dan is so much better either

However, I do find it interesting that Amenadiel brought Malcolm back. I mean doesn't seem to be a morally good cop unless being brought back from the dead changed him drastically.

However, I do agree about Linda (even though it seems like its been awhile for them or a couple of eps).

Last edited by warangel88; 03-15-2016 at 09:14 AM
Old 03-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea its going to be Dan!Bad Cop cause its going to have to be pretty darn believable for them to make that twist believable

Yea was shocked that he brought him back does he know something - does he know that Dan is bad? but wouldn't he want Dan/Chloe to get back together cause its Chloe that is changing Lucifer
Old 03-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I don't know how much Amenadiel knows or not in regards to the case. But the only way I can see it hindering Lucifer's relationship with Chloe is if he somehow finds out that Dan is the "dirty cop" and tells Chloe. I don't really see Chloe believing him and it would cause a strain on their relationship. However, if Amenadiel let Malcolm die, it may have push Chloe to Dan for good.

However, Lucifer doesn't seem to be that interested in the corrupt cop case and I dont see him doing investigating on his own.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:18 PM
MST Manager

Belated thanks for the episode thread.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

I loved this episode. Lucifer got soo jealous of Chloe and Detective douche. It was great to watch.

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

A late tftnt

Honestly? In my opinion not the most solid ep this show has given us but still very enjoyable and with a lot of good moments.

Now, somehow the thought of badcop!Dan never popped up into my head when I was thinking of what they'd do with him and his storyline. So I found myself going 'whaaat?' when it was revealed. I honestly thought he was gonna get killed.

And to me it feels like the writers are ready to flesh out the rest of the characters aside from Lucifer and Chloe. In a way they kind of already started with Linda and Dan.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do feel like they are starting to flesh out a bit more on the human characters whether if its for the good (Linda) or the bad (Dan). But at least Dan has a bit more of a story line and a point now (besides being Chloe's ex and Trixie's father). He still bugs me though.

But honestly I felt like some of the scenes seem either awkward or random to me. Although akward may have been the scene they were going for

Old 03-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

I think he bugs everyone tbh. There was always something about him that bugged me, even before we found out he was a dirty cop.

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly with me at least prior to this ep. I never really saw the point of him besides being Chloe's ex/Trixie's father.

Although I didn't think spouses or ex-spouses can be in the same division/unit (?) for a police division. But I suppose it happens constantly in police-drama type shows although more on the married side.

Reply   Post New Thread