Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2016, 02:12 PM
Moderator Manager

1x04 - "Manly Whatnots" Episode Discussion - airs February 15th

1x04: “Manly Whatnots"

February, 15th 2016 @ 9:00 p.m. Eastern

Description :LUCIFER SETS HIS SIGHTS ON CHLOE IN AN ALL-NEW "LUCIFER" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15, ON FOX

In an effort to get over his infatuation with Chloe, Lucifer decides that he must seduce her. Meanwhile the two team up on a missing girl case and Amenadiel confronts Maze about his concerns about Lucifer in the all-new "Manly Whatnots" episode of LUCIFER airing Monday, Feb. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (L-103) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Cast: Tom Ellis as Lucifer, Lauren German as Chloe, DB Woodside as Amenadiel, Lesley-Ann Brandt as Maze, Kevin Alejandro as Dan, Scarlett Estevez as Trixie and Rachael Harris as Linda Martin.

Guest Cast: Dawn Olivieri as Lt. Olivia Monroe, Chris Marquette as Carver Cruz, Bailey Noble as Lindsay Jolson, Kelly Blatz as Kevin, Darcey Johnson as George, Kristen Comerford as Buxom, David Attar as Sadsap, Jason Day as Security Guard, Guy Christie as Random Dude, Sky Kao as Gyrating Dude, Antonio Cayonne as Uni Cop
PROMO:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for staring *tops it*
Old 02-16-2016, 04:14 AM
Total Fan

So, Lucifer was shot and he bled. Here's the question: was he only injured because Chloe is the one that shot him?

We've already seen that his powers of persuasion don't work on Chloe. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that she is the only one who can hurt him. I would actually prefer "vulnerable to Chloe" rather than Lucifer becoming mortal, because mortal!Lucifer will get boring.

Having said that, I want to see more of his physical powers as well. What else can he do?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

^ I was wondering the same thing about if it was because it was Chloe.

I don't want him to already beocme mortal. Just like I am not ready for Chloe to fully know the truth. I was shocked she already saw his "devil" face.

Will his wings grow back? Could he be able to get shot because he no longer has his wings?

Once again the episode had some much sarcasm and humor and great lines as well as great music!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

^ Agreed completely.

I'm really, really hoping it was the fact that it was Chloe that fired the gun. Not really interested in them going in the direction of making Lucifer more mortal only a handful of episodes into the series.

I want to know more of what he can do, too. I want to see more of his otherworldly side. Not less of it.

I wasn't at all surprised by the outcome of her shooting him, then seeing him bleeding and her now thinking that she was imagining things with him. I still think there will be some lingering doubt there, but what happened in last night's episode could enable her to bury it for a while, IMO.

I know some don't want Chloe being in the dark to be dragged out too long and I don't either, but from a storytelling perspective it's really too soon in the series for the character to find out. It would work better if they grew closer because it will not only have more dramatic impact, but also make it more believable when she comes to terms with it.

This isn't finding out that your otherwise ordinary/decent partner has a power or finding out he's a time traveling war hero....

Though this show is heavy on the comedy, it also shows flashes of seriousness, too (like that amazing scene last night with them in his place with him trying to seduce her and it being fun and then switching to an extremely intense moment for both characters), and when it comes to characterization, I would expect Chloe to freak out upon learning the truth.

From Chloe's side of things, I just see the reveal as destroying their friendship/bond. By giving the characters time to get closer first it ensures that there is still something there lingering in the rubble to rebuild.

And that's not even going into whatever it is about Chloe that sets her apart from all the other humans he can manipulate so easily and him possibly changing his mind later on how she's influencing him - it's new and different right now, so he's going with it, but there could be a time (likely will be a time) when he'll feel differently.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Total Fan

Also, let's not forget he did something to save Chloe's life in the season premiere, and Maze seemed rather perturbed about it. I wonder if that also somehow made him connected/vulnerable to Chloe.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's a great point!

Definitely a possibility.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:22 PM
I am a basketball genius!

This was an interesting episode. Hard to believe that Chloe would confront an intruder in just a towel, but OK. It happened. I also don't know when Lucifer put Chloe on a pedestal, but I got that assumption from Dr. Martin. She apparently thinks that he worships her cuz she can withstand him.

I am curious how Lucifer gets his wings back on & what he did with them. Does he have to sew or tie them? I did notice that no matter what noting seems to get to Chloe of phase her no matter what. There is a possibility that she's resistant to Lucifer because of her lack of beliefs in God.

So much to discuss. What is up with Chloe telling her child just about everything going? Didn't seem like she needed to tell her she shot Lucifer. And also why did Dan tell Chloe about the undercover case instead of her boss?
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

I'm still wondering how does she not believe he is the devil? he has shown her so many times and she still doesn't get it. I mean come on, there is skeptic but that is just acting dumb. he even got shot multiple times after she got shot by that one guy in the pilot.

I want to know why he doesn't like her touching his wing scars?

I think she does have some power over him.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:31 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengirl25 (View Post)
I'm still wondering how does she not believe he is the devil? he has shown her so many times and she still doesn't get it. I mean come on, there is skeptic but that is just acting dumb. he even got shot multiple times after she got shot by that one guy in the pilot.
I think she started to believe it in this episode, then she saw him bleed, so that probably made her not believe it again.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

The whole problem of his identity reminds me a bit of the show 'Wilfred'.....after all, he might be the devil, or maybe he's just a complete lunatic. Evidence points both ways. And he bled!!! I really liked this episode.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Little_Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
The whole problem of his identity reminds me a bit of the show 'Wilfred'.....after all, he might be the devil, or maybe he's just a complete lunatic.

You think this of Lucifer? Most people I'd guess would be scared of someone if they thought that of him or her, but in this case Chloe can't stay away from him.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Finally watched the episode! And I liked it... maybe not as much as the first 3 though.
I agree with what some of you have said, it's far too early for Lucifer to be turning into a mortal in the show. I also think it was premature to make Chloe shoot him, she doesn't seem like the type to to be convinced in something she doesn't even believe that fast and be all reckless shooting someone.
I am curious about his wings. I wonder if it was just a rebellious act to piss off his father, or if it has a deeper meaning.

LOVED the fight/interacting between Maze and Amenadiel. I hope they get more scenes together soon. Also I really love seeing Maze being a BAMF!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
So, Lucifer was shot and he bled. Here's the question: was he only injured because Chloe is the one that shot him?

We've already seen that his powers of persuasion don't work on Chloe. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that she is the only one who can hurt him. I would actually prefer "vulnerable to Chloe" rather than Lucifer becoming mortal, because mortal!Lucifer will get boring.

Having said that, I want to see more of his physical powers as well. What else can he do?
That would be incredibly interesting if he bled because she shot him

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:27 PM

Why else would he have bled? Unless I guess he make himself bleed on spot.
Reply   Post New Thread