Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2017, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I hope that I can rent it or buy it once it come out..
You can watch it on TV too if you have the Spike channel. I need to remember to watch it so I don't miss it.

---

An article I found:

Quote:
'I Am Heath Ledger' filmmaker reveals side of actor fans never knew

We all have an image in our minds of Heath Ledger, but a new documentary is about to change that by debuting previously unseen footage that Ledger shot of his own life.

Derik Murray, co-director of “I Am Heath Ledger,” sifted through hours of personal footage and the result is spectacular.

“The proximity you have to Heath throughout this movie makes a very strong connection throughout the film,” Murray told TODAY. “And it makes a very emotional climax to the film when we lose him.”

Even though everyone knows how Ledger’s story ends — the actor died from an accidental drug overdose in 2008 — Murray hopes to shed light on the intricate inner-workings of the life he lived.

RELATED: Watch the heartbreaking trailer for 'I Am Heath Ledger' documentary

Ledger’s closest friends were those he kept from his childhood in Australia, which Murray considers a testament to his character.

“I don’t know too many people that have friends from kindergarten and primary school that they move away from and … yet that person keeps those friends in his life,” said Murray. “It was quite amazing, really, and it was something that was very important to him.”

Ledger also made music videos and wanted to direct, which led him to leave his family in Australia at age 17, not because he didn’t love them, but because it was a big world and he felt compelled to take it on.

When the creators of the film set out, they didn’t know that this footage existed, but thanks to Ledger’s close friends, they were able to unveil a side of him that fans never knew about.

“We reached out to one of his partners, who worked with him in TV and film and we learned that he had footage of Heath directing music videos, and in fact he had footage that Heath had shot and that (the friend) had shot of him,” said Murray. “They had an amazing treasure trove of content.”

With the support of Ledger’s family, Murray was also able to sift through footage that they had received as part of his estate.

Murray says that what really resonated with him was Ledger’s mantra: “Don’t be afraid to fall.”

We can’t wait to learn more about the creative force that was Heath Ledger.

In addition to the film’s premiere on Spike, the film will be featured in select theaters across the country on May 3, during which time viewers will also see an additional 20 minutes of exclusive footage.

“I Am Heath Ledger” will air on Spike on May 17 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

SOURCE
Old 05-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Oh really, thank god that I have Spike channel in my package.. Thanks! And thanks for the date and time!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-04-2017, 12:59 PM
MST Manager

I saw I Am Heath Ledger last night and it was absolutely fantastic.

Just surreal, heartbreaking and intense all at the same time.

I loved everything about it.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ You did? Glad to hear that everything was fantastic.. I can't wait to watch it! Thank yoU!

is that what you want?

Old 05-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh really, thank god that I have Spike channel in my package.. Thanks! And thanks for the date and time!
Glad you got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I saw I Am Heath Ledger last night and it was absolutely fantastic.

Just surreal, heartbreaking and intense all at the same time.

I loved everything about it.

Hi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the film. I'm so glad you loved it. I'm looking forward to it even more after reading your feedback.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

I realize that it's in two weeks..

is that what you want?

Old 05-06-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, time flies fast so it'll be here airing in no time.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

I know right.. I was like oh man.. Which good thing that I can DVR it so I can watch several time when I don't miss what they said about him..

is that what you want?

Old 05-07-2017, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's great that you'll be able to record it. I'm looking forward to discussing the movie with you and others once we're able to watch.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I agree.. I hope that I don't cry at the first time..

is that what you want?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Get those tissues ready just in case.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

If not then use my blanket. .

is that what you want?

Old 05-11-2017, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
If not then use my blanket. .
Good idea.

There is a sneak peek video here. I have no idea how to embed the video here (I only know how to do that with youtube vids) so I can only link it.

Quote:
I Am Heath Ledger Is Here to Remind You What a Fantasticly Dedicated Actor Its Subject Truly Was

Get ready to gain a better understanding of Heath Ledger's devotion to his craft.

When the Spike documentary I Am Heath Ledger premieres on Wednesday, May 17, fans of the late actor will not only gain access into his personal life thanks to their access to a wealth of home video footage filmed by Ledger himself, but they'll get the opportunity to hear about the way the Oscar-winning actor thoroughly threw himself into each and every character he inhabited on the screen.

In this sneak peek of the film, exclusive to E! News, Lords of Dogtown director Catherine Hardwicke recounts the slavish attention to detail that Ledger brought to the role of real-life Z-Boys sponsor Skip Engblom. "Heath, he came in and talked to me how he would really get into that character and craft it," she revealed. "He decided he needed to get teeth made like Skip's teeth so that he would feel that he was Skip and talk the way that Skip talked."

Emile Hirsch, who starred in the film as Jay, celebrated his co-stars total vision. "This interest in the exterior and the craft and the way the characters would look and sound and physically look on screen—he was sort of a painter in that way," he added. "But he also had a psychological interest in his characters. If you don't have a sense of play, and if you're too serious, the odds are you're going to be too much of a tight-ass to create characters."
For more from Hardwicke and Hirsch, and to bask in Ledger in action in Lords of Dogtown, be sure to check out the clip above.

The 90-minute documentary offers unprecedented access into the mind of an actor of astonishing talent who was taken from us too soon, courtesy of the hours and hours of home video footage Ledger shot of himself nearly every step of his career. The film also features interviews with friends and loved ones including Naomi Watts, Ben Mendelsohn, Ben Harper and director Ang Lee, as well as Ledger's parents and sisters.

I Am Heath Ledger premieres Wednesday, May 17 at 10 p.m. on Spike.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love how he always took himself into the role to show that he can able to play those.. I mean, have you see some of his role.. Wow, blew me away..

is that what you want?