Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2002, 12:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Who's your FavouriteTrek Actor and Why?

Mine is without a doubt Brent Spiner who plays Data. He does so much with his face and body to convey everything about what Data is thinking at any one time.

He also took what could have been a very bland and boring character and turned him into the most interesting one. I have enjoyed following Data's story and can't wait to see what will hapen next in the coming film.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:03 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Hmmm ... I'll have to think about that.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Definitely DATA. He is the best Trek character ever because of the wonderful portrayal by Brent Spiner. Coming in a close second is Patrick Stewart, he still leads the way when it comes to being a Federation captain in my view. He has a great on-screen presence and that voice. They way he could say "engage" a simple little word and yet convey so much of what the crew had just been through. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

TOS: Kirk - He was the first captain to plant the "seeds" of exploration [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

TNG: Data - Most evolved crew member in terms of growth and interesting storylines

DS9: Garak - His retorts to questions have me in stitches [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Besides, how can't you like a simple tailor? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Voyager: The Doctor - the only crew member I liked consistently throughout the series. Saving Grace before Seven came

Enterprise: Incomplete... But as of now, Trip would be my favorite because he's always up in someone's face if it's the Vulcans, T'pol, or some alien species that made him pregnant [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
yossarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

TOS: Spock - fascinating

TNG: Data - to me, he's the only character that really had character.

Voyager: Janeway - I thought she was a great captain.

Enterprise: Trip or T'pol - I haven't quite decided yet

Guest Star: Q!!!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

TOS ~ William Shatner - Kirk was my childhood hero. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Plus he cracks me up. James Doohan is a close second fave.

TNG ~ Patrick Stewart - I guess I just have a thing for captains. My favorite performance of his was in the eppie The Inner Light

Deep Space Nine ~ Colm Meaney - I loved his version of the dedicated family man. Close second is Armin Shimerman and Rene Auberjonois. Odo's search for an identity was endearing. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Voyager ~ Robert Picardo - favorite eppie of his is when he had his own holodeck family. Close second is
Kate Mulgrew - I loved the stength and tenacity she gave the character.

Enterprise ~ Connor Trinneer - Gives the show livliness, humor etc... Close second ~ Scott Bakula ~ Again with the captains [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , and I love the touch of enthusiasm he gives the character. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Favorite guest stars : Troi's Mother Lwaxana and Worf's son Alexander.

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited cosmicdream ]
Old 10-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Total Fan

it would have to be patrick stewart, hands-down. he has the commanding presence that is required to play the captain of a starship. and don't get me started on his voice....."Number one" and "Engaged" was enough to send me to the floor.

captain picard is a character that can be stern and authoritative or understanding and kind, and i think patrick did a fine job of balancing these different emotions in various situations.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Patrick Stewart.... make it so....need I say more? That little skip he does when Picard gets drunk! The way he adjusts his uniform when the plot thickens...he puts sex into the word "bald"...

I could go on [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Devon.
Old 10-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by R2s lose screw:
Patrick Stewart.... ..he puts sex into the word "bald"...

Devon.
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Devon! It's nice to see you here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I know other people who feel that way ... but I'm not among them.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by C h r i s:

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Devon! It's nice to see you here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I know other people who feel that way ... but I'm not among them.
Hiya Chris [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] So Patrick dosen't do it for you huh?

D
Old 10-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

hehe ... no, not really. He does have a nice voice though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by texas_gal:
it would have to be patrick stewart, hands-down. he has the commanding presence that is required to play the captain of a starship. and don't get me started on his voice....."Number one" and "Engaged" was enough to send me to the floor.

captain picard is a character that can be stern and authoritative or understanding and kind, and i think patrick did a fine job of balancing these different emotions in various situations.
I couldn't have said it better.

I'm wondering who you guys liked the least? I must say that I didn't really like William Frakes' Riker. I could handle him in small doses, I suppose. But a whole episode? And I hated his scenes with Troi. Their relationship, aside from when they were friends, always seemed a little forced to me.

Off Topic: One thing I loved on DS9 that I don't see talked about much is the relationship between Sisko and Jake. I really loved their scenes together.
Old 10-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

TOS Kirk
TNG Riker
DSN Worf
Voyager Seven of Nine
Enterprise too early yet to say....
Old 10-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by chan:

I must say that I didn't really like William Frakes' Riker. I could handle him in small doses, I suppose.

Yeah, I felt tht same way.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Banned

Roxann Biggs-Dawson: i loved torres! her character is biracial and faces all the challenges society throughs at her; she's a strong woman yet she has doubts and insecurites; she breaks the stereotypes; her characters romantic storyline captured my heart

Alexander Siddig: i loved julian bashir! he reminded me of adam ant!!
icicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread