Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm about half-way through Season 4, and, regardless of the circumstances behind it or people's opinions about it, the decision to bring in Seven really was a good one and did help improve the series from a storytelling standpoint (not that it truly needed a lot of improvement, IMO, but, still, it was an improvement).
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 12-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your rewatch.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM
New Fan

Student-written Star Trek Parody Musical titled SPACE VOYAGE: THE MUSICAL FRONTIER

I recently co-wrote and co-starred in a new sci-fi parody musical titled SPACE VOYAGE: THE MUSICAL FRONTIER with my good friend and fellow classmates at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, and wanted to share it with you all here! To start, here's a link to the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4lpEI7iEKo

And here's a link to the playlist of the whole show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvbJ...WA0zq3Sy6vOmUq

Let me know what you guys think, and I'd love to answer any questions you might have about it!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

You had some feedback in the Music/Fan videos thread. I watched and enjoyed the first two clips and I know lyb42 posted that he enjoyed the series.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm watching this episode right now. LOL Chakotay

VOY 6x08 | One Small Step
source

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Old 02-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

@ that gif. He's looking pretty frustrated there, which is a quite the contrast from his usual calm, cool & collected.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiamay (View Post)
I was surprised how many group shots are out there that I hadn't seen before
- I've seen all of these before. It's pretty weird so see the actors so young in them though. Voyager had way better Cast photos than DS9. I'm sorry I love DS9 and the cast but man did their photos stink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
As I remember, overall the first season was rather dark and part of that was getting the crew to work together.
- It would have been a darker show had it stuck with it longer. I think season 5 was probably it's darkest season though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictvfan91 (View Post)
Yeah "Caretaker" is a great premiere episode for sure.
- It really was a great premiere. Kudos to Mulgrew for coming after they had shot two days (I think) already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Definitely. They were both strong women in a field dominated by men, and used to having to push a little to be taken seriously. It really would have been nice to have had more episodes with prominent interaction between these two.
- I'm not so sure about that. That is definitely true now, but the impression that I get is at that time the Federation (mostly humans) are supposed to be beyond that. Though, I never realized it until a while ago but Voyager is really a woman's show. Think about it. All of the strong characters are women and two of them are in the most powerful positions on the ship.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

You're right about Voyager having strong female characters. When they were off on their own in the Delta Quadrant, it's hard to say how prevalent females really were in the senior ranks.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Voyager probably has one of my favorite group dynamics between their crew and I think part of that is that unlike the other crews they spent the majority of their time trying to figure out everything on their own.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Yes, they had to rely on their own ingenuity. There was never any chance of back up from Star Fleet, or even just the possibility of repercussions due to crossing the Federation.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I'm about half-way through Season 4, and, regardless of the circumstances behind it or people's opinions about it, the decision to bring in Seven really was a good one and did help improve the series from a storytelling standpoint (not that it truly needed a lot of improvement, IMO, but, still, it was an improvement).
- I do agree with that to an extent. She was a great character, that got great development through out the series. I was never a big fan of Kes and thought she didn't really add much to the series. Bringing Seven in definitely added some much needed tension that made for some interesting drama; particularly between her and Janeway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Garcia (View Post)
Voyager probably has one of my favorite group dynamics between their crew and I think part of that is that unlike the other crews they spent the majority of their time trying to figure out everything on their own.
- They really had no choice as they were cut off from the federation. Even when they got communication with the AQ, they still had to mostly rely on themselves.

Last edited by Milquetoast_onacid; 04-27-2014 at 10:19 AM
Old 04-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

I always found it a bit odd that poor Harry is the only one who really didn't get too much character progression. Tom got promoted over the years, why couldn't Harry?
Old 04-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Garcia (View Post)
I always found it a bit odd that poor Harry is the only one who really didn't get too much character progression. Tom got promoted over the years, why couldn't Harry?
Agree with you there. Certainly Janeway would have had authority to make field promotions. Actually, she must have when she merged the Starfleet and Maquis crews.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

They may have started out as two crews, but in the end they were a team.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

They quickly learned that they had to put aside their differences and work together if they had any hopes of getting back home.