Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2020, 11:04 AM
  #61
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,883
Yes, the Vidians were rather disturbing. The Phage would have been a terrible disease to have.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:18 PM
  #62
Warp Speed Mr Sulu

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 333,527
I forgot about the Vidians
__________________

RB / SR

LaCasa De Papel
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:06 PM
  #63
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,883
They were completely creepy, thinking they could go around stealing body parts from others.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:33 PM
  #64
Obsessed Fan

 
tvfreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,743
Yeah I think I enjoyed the darkness of the first season! I love that they got to a good place of trust and camaraderie with the two crews but man the maquis was probably an underdeveloped story in that universe. Like, I wanna know how that resistance started and how it fell. They kinda had that brief mention about how the maquis were destroyed but what really happened??

I’m deep into it now! enjoying it though!
__________________
-Claire

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
tvfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:51 AM
  #65
Warp Speed Mr Sulu

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 333,527
Yeah about the Marquis storyline

Glad you are enjoying it
__________________

RB / SR

LaCasa De Papel
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:39 AM
  #66
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreak (View Post)
They kinda had that brief mention about how the maquis were destroyed but what really happened??
they definitely could have expanded on that.

We didn't really see it with Chakotay, but B'Elanna and Seska had a hard time coming to terms with setting aside differences and working with Starfleet.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:24 AM
  #67
Extreme Fan
 
Waldfrau's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,136
Yes, that was a missed opportunity.
Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:42 AM
  #68
The True Queen

 
Arrakis's Avatar

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 48,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreak (View Post)
Yeah I think I enjoyed the darkness of the first season! I love that they got to a good place of trust and camaraderie with the two crews but man the maquis was probably an underdeveloped story in that universe. Like, I wanna know how that resistance started and how it fell. They kinda had that brief mention about how the maquis were destroyed but what really happened??

I’m deep into it now! enjoying it though!
You learn more about this on DS9 which also featured the maquis and how it started as well as how it was destroyed by the dominion.
__________________
Icon by Me
"Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels,
his was the most....human"
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:33 PM
  #69
Warp Speed Mr Sulu

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 333,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
Yes, that was a missed opportunity.
agreed
__________________

RB / SR

LaCasa De Papel
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:04 PM
  #70
Obsessed Fan

 
tvfreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
You learn more about this on DS9 which also featured the maquis and how it started as well as how it was destroyed by the dominion.
Oh that’s exciting! I’m trying to decide if I should DS9 after I finish Voyager or Discovery. Haven’t watched either yet. I remember watching a few episodes here and there of DS9 when I was young but I don’t remember much!

I think I remember TNG and Voyager much better because they were easier to watch in syndication, don’t have to worry about missing a few episodes. DS9 (I hear?) has more of an arc to it, which made it hard to follow when watching through reruns on TV.

But I’m excited to hear they go into the Maquis story on DS9!
__________________
-Claire

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
tvfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:32 AM
  #71
The True Queen

 
Arrakis's Avatar

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 48,198
Yeah DS9 is quite arc based, especially in the later seasons that featured the dominion war, sisko's role as religious messiah of bajor, etc. The maquis arch is not so big tbh, but gives more info than voyager does.

The first two seasons though were mostly each episode another story like on voyager.
__________________
Icon by Me
"Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels,
his was the most....human"
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:08 PM
  #72
Warp Speed Mr Sulu

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 333,527



Quote:
“Now remember, it’s ray gun, not phaser. Imagiser, not viewscreen. Earthlings, not Terrans.”
source
__________________

RB / SR

LaCasa De Papel
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:23 PM
  #73
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,883
Tom did enjoy his holodeck programmes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Yeah DS9 is quite arc based, especially in the later seasons that featured the dominion war, sisko's role as religious messiah of bajor, etc. The maquis arch is not so big tbh, but gives more info than voyager does.

The first two seasons though were mostly each episode another story like on voyager.
That's what I found too. As the series progressed, being familiar with what happened in past episodes gave significant background to the storylines.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:48 PM
  #74
Obsessed Fan

 
tvfreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
“Now remember, it’s ray gun, not phaser. Imagiser, not viewscreen. Earthlings, not Terrans.”
Fantastic episode! the Captain Proton episodes were always fun to watch!

Watching all the episodes in a row now I’m definitely noticing longer running stories in Voyager, or at least call backs to earlier episodes. But it’s not the main focal point of the episode.
__________________
-Claire

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
tvfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:49 AM
  #75
Warp Speed Mr Sulu

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 333,527
Tom is so happy Janeway is taking part
__________________

RB / SR

LaCasa De Papel
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST