Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Camelot

Tom Hardy - Nemesis actor does incredible performance

Tom Hardy, the guy who played Picard's clone in Nemesis, has done an incredible performance in a film called Bronson. He plays Britain's most violent prisoner and he does it with splendid force and presence and a deftness that is notable, not to mention a wicked sense of fun at times. He looks totally different, massively bulked up with muscle, and he's much more forceful than he was as Shinzon, though he wasn't bad as Shinzon. I never expected this of him, but actors can change and develop quite a bit.

Btw, apart from Data dying, I liked Nemesis. I never understood why it got all the hate. I wish we could have another TNG movie, rather than this pseudo-TOS stuff.

Star Wars / Camelot

Icon by come_daylight@livejournal / Icon subject: Katie Mcgrath as Morgana in Merlin
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm going to edit "Tom Hardy" into the title so other fans will know which actor. It's always nice to be able to tell that an actor is actually acting and improving at his craft.

Personally, I didn't care much for Nemesis. If the movie had done better at the box office, I imagine that there would have been more with the TNG cast.

Tom Hardy
Born - September 18, 1977
"The Take" (2009) as Freddie
"Cape Wrath" aka "Meadowlands" (2007) as Jack Donnelly
"The Virgin Queen" (2006) as Robert Dudley
Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) as Praetor Shinzon
"Band of Brothers" (2001) as Pfc. John Janovec

credit Tom Hardy (I)

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Camelot

I suspect he may have been a degree better than I thought as Shinzon, with the stereotypical bad guy aspect of the character making it hard to see how good he was. Reflecting back over my memories of his Shinzon performance, I do see it in a different light now. I'll have to rewatch Nemesis. His performance in Bronson is quite amazing. It's a nice epitaph to the TNG movies. Back when I saw Nemesis my mine concern with Shinzon was that I couldn't buy Hardy as Stewart's clone because of the physical difference, but Hardy was good as Shinzon -he convincingly made him driven, strong, intelligent and psycho. But he's way better as Bronson.

Star Wars / Camelot

Icon by come_daylight@livejournal / Icon subject: Katie Mcgrath as Morgana in Merlin
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Bronson doesn't look like a movie that would appeal to me. I was surprised to discover how many other roles he's had.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Addicted Fan

One of my acquaintances is on friendly terms with Tom. I hear from time to time what projects he's got going. I really loved his Shinzon performance, so it's always a pleasure to know the guy is still acting.

The occasional personal life bits that come my way... not so much. I don't need to know about his private life.
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Do you know how he felt about the role of Shinzon? Does he have a favourite role?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I see that Bronson is in Canadian theatres now.

TrekToday Blog Archive Hardy Joins Mad Max Cast

Quote:
It’s official, Tom Hardy (Shinzon in Star Trek: Nemesis) has been cast as Mad Max.

As reported recently at TrekToday, Hardy was in the running to replace Mel Gibson as Mad Max in Mad Max 4: Fury Word.

In addition to Hardy, Charlize Theron (Monster) will also be in the post-apocalyptic film.

Filming for Max Max 4 will begin next August, in Australia. There are no details on the plot yet, but it is known that there will be plenty of stunt work, with “super fast vehicles” that are under development. “It’s obviously over-the-top,” said Director George Miller. “But they’ll [the vehicles] have to be very high performance because the film is shot in speed, and they’ll have to be very, very safe. The reason this movie is so big is that there’s just a huge number of stunts. We’re trying to do stuff that I believe people haven’t done before.”
Old 12-05-2009, 04:19 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Exclusive: Tom Hardy Talks 'Mad Max' For The First Time - Movie News Story | MTV Movie News

Quote:
Now, with a fourth "Mad Max" film in development, the question becomes: Can anyone possibly replace Gibson as the freak-fighting adventurer? "RocknRolla" star Tom Hardy is going to do his best.

Recently, MTV News had a chance to chat with the man who will likely replace Mel in the next film, and Hardy spoke about the casting process, how he would approach taking the place of an icon and the fact that nothing — despite reports to the contrary — has been made official.

"George hasn't actually confirmed that," Hardy said about becoming Max. "He hasn't come out with it, so I couldn't tell you if I have. It's strongly coming in my direction. I would be preparing for that role."

He added with a wary laugh, "And tomorrow it's taken away and given to Sam Worthington!"

With those cautious sentiments registered, Hardy opened up about the tricky nature of taking over such a well-known role — a position not unlike the one Chris Pine found himself in earlier this year as he replaced William Shatner in the new "Star Trek."

"The Mad Max figure is a big figure, and I have to get my head around that," he told us. "I would have to pick up where Mel left off, but in all honesty, it would be ridiculous to pick up where Mel left off. He is Mad Max. I have to bring something entirely different and new to the stage."

While Hardy has read the script (and, obviously, couldn't discuss any tightly guarded plot details), the actor revealed he hasn't yet had discussions with Miller about creating a fresh take on Max. "We haven't really talked about it enough, because we've been in the deal," he explained. "The audition process had nothing to do with Max and nothing to do with the story or the script. It was unorthodox to the point where actually I could have been auditioning for anything. It was an anonymous read. We haven't actually gotten into the conversation at all about Max."

The man who might be Max trusts in the man who created the character and first brought him to the screen in 1979. "If there's anybody who can create a Mad Max with me playing the character, it's going to be George — it's his baby," Hardy said.

"I just know Mel did it," he added. "It's Mel. He's Mad Max. If I get offered it and George really wants to go with me, then George will tell me exactly what he wants to do and we'll work together on the floor to create what it is that he wants to achieve. And I hope I can get that done for him."
Old 12-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Do you know how he felt about the role of Shinzon? Does he have a favourite role?
Hey, sorry I missed this question earlier. Wasn't ignoring you. Just didn't see it until now.
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

That's fine. I'll be interested in any insights you're able to share.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:32 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Tom Hardy joins Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine in This Means War

Quote:
Tom Hardy is going to be around for a while. his next big role is going to be in the epic McG romantic comedy THIS MEANS WAR. In a role originally thought to go to Sam Worthington, Hardy will star alongside Chris Pine as two best friends that fall for the same girl (Reese Witherspoon) and their ensuing battles for her threaten to destroy New York City.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Star Trek

thanks for the info Chris
Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

You're welcome. I think it's cool that he's costarring in something with Chris Pine.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Star Trek

it is and getting into bigger projects..
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I wonder if This Means War will inspire new fans to check out his role in Nemesis?
Reply   Post New Thread