Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Total Fan

There have been a few Trek references on The Sarah Jane Adventures. Usually comments by Clyde.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Another show I don't watch. I'm really beginning to feel like my viewing habits are odd.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Total Fan

Or maybe you're the normal one...
Old 05-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Dunno if these have been posted yet, but in Gilmore Girls Lorelai/others reference ST quite a bit!

Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy
Lorelai: Grups, huh?

The Ungraduate

LORELAI: I will get my own stuff, thank you. [She starts to head inside, then turns back.] Oh, now I just have to figure out what to do with Paul Anka. You know, I've never left him alone so late before, and he might start doing that howling thing the neighbors are so fond of. But, oh, that's okay. So. Oh, you know, I guess I could just leave him here and I could come back and get him after work, which will be, oh, two, three, four in the morning. Boy. Late. Or I could drop him off at a kennel for a few hours. I know there's a good one in Woodbridge, twenty miles away. Of course, I'd have to leave now and pick up some dilithium crystals on the way, to fix the warp drive in my Jeep so that I could drive there and back in time to meet the wedding party back at the inn, but that's doable. Yeah. And then of course by the time I get off work and drive all the way back there, the kennel will definitely be closed, so I'd have to break in, and that would set off some kind of security system, and then I'd be arrested, so I should probably put a nail file in my shoe, and how much longer are you going to make me do this?

LUKE: I just wanted to see how long you'd go on.

LORELAI: Well, you know my babbling capabilities are infinite.

LUKE: I'll take the dog home with me, and points for the dilithium crystal reference.

LORELAI: Well, you sleep with geeks.

The Long Morrow:

RORY: It’s just a model rocket. I mean, what could that mean? Who gives someone a rocket?

LORELAI: I don’t know. We’ll figure it out, though. (thinking) Rocket… Rocket… Rocket…

RORY: What about space?

LORELAI: It’s the final frontier?

Again, sorry if this has been posted before, just thought I'd share
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for bringing those over! I mentioned the first one when it aired, but never had a chance to transcribe it to share.

dukesmom - I'd like to think so anyways.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Addicted Fan

No probs,

My ex is a hugeee star trek lover so i've picked up on more references. There are about four or five others i'll have to post later.
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

We appreciate you taking the time to share.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Beam me up, M'Lud: judges get 'Star Trek' outfits

Quote:
LONDON (AFP) — Britain's top judges are to get a new outfit, doing away with their traditional wigs and introducing colour-coded robes which one critic likened to costumes from the hit sci-fi series Star Trek.

The new robes, to be worn by Appeal Court and High Court judges hearing civil cases from October, incorporate coloured bands to identify seniority, with the most senior judges sporting gold bands and High Court judges in red.

The Guardian's deputy fashion editor Hadley Freeman said the new outfit would make the wearer look like an "evil pastor" or a "cut-price Cruella de Vil", the villain in the Disney cartoon "One Hundred and One Dalmatians".

Helpfully, it juxtaposed a picture of judge Nicholas Phillips, head of the judiciary in England and Wales, with a snap of the actor Patrick Stewart dressed up in full stellar gear as Star Trek's Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

"Look at this poor man: instead of appearing imperious, the lord chief justice, Lord Phillips, now just looks like the man who sells you tickets for the Star Trek Experience at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas," she added.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Hi BucsDM. That's totally relevent for this thread. It's meant for sharing real life references as well as broadcast ones.

I take it you're an Original Series fan?
Actually not so much...I don't mind it, but my dad was the one who got me into it by watching TNG. That has always been my favorite...

and just yesterday my sister said, "we lost him, Jim."
Old 05-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsDM (View Post)
Actually not so much...I don't mind it, but my dad was the one who got me into it by watching TNG. That has always been my favorite...

and just yesterday my sister said, "we lost him, Jim."
TNG's my favourite too, with Voyager a close second.

It's that you and your sister make an effort to use quotes in regular conversation. Do your friends appreciate the references?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Absolute Fan

lmao...anyone who hangs with us long enough thinks we're the biggest dorks...even without the ST stuff...
Old 05-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It's not a bad thing. It's wonderful that you're comfortable being yourself and don't feel the need to conform.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

This is kind of funny ...

The 7 Types Of Bad Bosses According To Star Trek (And How To Survive Them)
Old 05-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Total Fan

I just read an article about the 8 things you need to know about the new USA network show In Plain Sight and this was #1:

Quote:
It's a Star Trek thing. "Marshall is frequently a vital source of information for Mary, but sometimes he has the same flaws that Spock displayed, in that his emotional intelligence is sometimes insufficient for the situation," explains Weller. "You need a passionate, go-getter like Mary, so in some ways, it resembles the Spock/Kirk dynamic. If Spock was in love with Kirk."
Old 05-24-2008, 04:14 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for bringing that over. It will be interesting to see if there's ever any Trek references in the show.