Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for the pics!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for the vid & pics! It's good to hear that this film won't be quite so Kirk & Spock centered.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Thanks for the vid & pics! It's good to hear that this film won't be quite so Kirk & Spock centered.
So if they are ignoring Into Darkness ( as I have seen elsewhere they are doing) does that put the nail on the coffin for Carol Marcus turning up in ST Beyond? I'm sorry to be such a pain about it but I liked her and I wanted to see her and Kirk click in a future movie.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Are they ignoring STID?
Old 01-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Are they ignoring STID?
Thats what I heard, yes. The writers want to pretend it never happened and start again with the younger cast because apparently it was voted last on the favorites list online. or something to that effect.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

For real!? That would be so stupid! Please tell me that's a joke. There would be no reason to start over! Khan was defeated, the crew started their 5 year mission...what's to ignore? Spock and Uhura?

Sorry for the strong reaction.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
For real!? That would be so stupid! Please tell me that's a joke. There would be no reason to start over! Khan was defeated, the crew started their 5 year mission...what's to ignore? Spock and Uhura?

Thats alright , I feel the same as I wanted to see what happened next with Carol. Dont know specifically why it was voted at the bottom of the list...
Old 01-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

I'm a new comer to TOS, so I guess I'm not the best judge of great Star Trek films, but I really loved it.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Extreme Fan

If Carol Marcus is the mother of Kirk's son, we must remember that the original time line was destroyed. They had a child before TOS began. They can do anything they want now. If Spock and Uhura are an item, Kirk could make a baby or three with an Orion and/or a Klingon.

Randy
My DeviantArt page. http://randicus.deviantart.com/gallery/
Old 01-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Spock and Uhura were established in the first film though, so hopefully that relationship continues.

Sorry Commander M, but I haven't seen anything about Alice Eve returning.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

The Latin Post and Geek.com both are running stories online about Into Darkness largely being ignored, but I am experiencing difficulty getting onto the relevant pages.

Spock and Uhura are safe no doubt as thats one of the things that worked in both Star Trek films. I think it has more to do with Khan being in the film and how badly they scred the big reveal u. I mean, everybody knew he was going to be Khan and the filmmakers didnt have a backup plan for a draw to the second film. I have read various online articles where JJ Abrams' team has spoken out about Khan at any rate.

Then there is Alice Eve herself: Some didnt think she did Carol justice and I think that they didnt want anymore time wasted on further developing her character.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:26 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
I have read various online articles where JJ Abrams' team has spoken out about Khan at any rate.
I've seen some of those articles.

Quote:
Then there is Alice Eve herself: Some didnt think she did Carol justice and I think that they didnt want anymore time wasted on further developing her character.
Really? I thought she was okay in the role. The choice to have her undress to change clothes in front of Kirk was questionable, but that wasn't her decision.

Honestly though, for the most part the films are stand alone projects, and not picking up where the previous left off.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)

Honestly though, for the most part the films are stand alone projects, and not picking up where the previous left off.
Right. I'm not sure what there is to ignore, exactly, besides Alice Eve. Khan was back to being frozen so I always assumed it'd be a non-issue anyway.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread