Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Star Trek 2/XII S&S - Star Trek Into Darkness - part 6: The Movie is now on our cinema screens!

OP under construction. If anybody has any contributions, please feel free ...

Longer Star Trek Into Darkness Teaser Shown At BNAT Today – Get The Details | TrekMovie.com

The Synopsis for Star Trek Into Darkness Revealed - ComingSoon.net

Quote:
In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes "Star Trek Into Darkness."

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew

Filming started: January 2012
Scheduled release: May 2013

We have a title! Star Trek Into Darkness

Quote:
Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch and former Doctor Who companion Noel Clarke (Mickey Smith) have both signed to board JJ Abrams’s Star Trek sequel.

Deadline reports that Cumberbatch has a “lead role” but it is unclear if he’s playing a hero or villain.

Variety reports that Noel Clarke will be playing a family man with both a wife and daughter (neither of whom have been announced as cast).

JJ Abrams’s Star Trek sequel is set for a May 2013 release.
credit

Quote:
“Star Trek filming will be on location @Budweiser Brewery, Sony Studios, Dodger Stadium, Long Beach City Hall, MCAS Tustin [Marine Corps Air Station Tustin] & the Vasquez Rocks.”
Star Trek 2 Filming Sites � TrekToday

February 24 - First Video From Star Trek Sequel Set – Possibly Shows Different Scotty Uniform Clue [UPDATED] | TrekMovie.com

More images HERE

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Old 05-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks Tracey!

Did anybody get a chance to go see it last night?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Thanks Tracey!

I've seen it twice already.....I am ashamed at my will power.

I loved the character bits; they were very enjoyable....and of course the S/U stuff!

By the way, remember my new puppy? Well my stepfather left the door open to the library which is carpeted and puppy made several HUGE messes. I believe he'll be sleeping on the couch for a few days.

Spock: I have partaken of brown sugar, Captain. There is no reversing course.

-CmdrR - Trekweb.com January 29, 2012
Old 05-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks Tracey!

I saw it again last night.

Twice in 2 days! I'm not ashamed. It was awesome!

Funny story though. (As a precursor this has never in my life happened to me before...so...don't judge me too harshly. ) The first time I went to see it, I left the theater thinking "Benedict didn't really talk a lot during the film. He was just sort of there being intimidating." Then I went to see it again last night. WRONG. He talks a fair amount. Certainly more than I thought he did. It takes awhile before he starts speaking, but once he does, he speaks in almost every scene he's in. Apparently I was so focused on his face that I didn't hear him speak. (And then as I was relating this to my friend last night she goes "Are you kidding me!? I was just thinking he didn't talk a lot!" )
Old 05-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

'Star Trek' Villain Revealed: What's His Secret and Who Almost Played Him

Quote:
Abrams himself admitted early in the film's development that he was thinking seriously about adding to the mix Khan Noonien Singh – aka the guy who royally ticks off Captain Kirk in the 1982 film "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan." In it, Khan is played by a Latin actor – the late Ricardo Montalbán – also known for his leading role in the long-running '70s and '80s television show "Fantasy Island." (Fun fact: Montalbán first played Khan in a 1967 television episode of "Star Trek" called "Space Seed.")
Quote:
Abrams considered Édgar Ramirez ("Zero Dark Thirty," "The Bourne Ultimatum"), Jordi Mollà ("Blow," "Colombiana"), and several others. "We were looking for the right actor. We met a lot of people," Abrams told Yahoo! Movies during a recent interview.
Wow Benicio del Toro as Khan

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies
Old 05-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

You've both seen it twice already? WOW!!! Was the theatre full? I really hope it has an amazing opening weekend.

Jinn - I bet your step father learned his lesson. Maybe consider a crate for the puppy until it's housebroken?

Rae - it's always interesting to realize how much more you pick up on the second time around.

lyndell - it's cool to find out who else was considered for a role.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I think it's heading for a $80 million weekend..

Old 05-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just saw the movie today no 3D but it was just as good if not one of the best new Star Trek movies done . humor emotion reversal of a original role from Wrath Of Kahn ...

here we go into spoiler tags .first remark was i read veey little aobut the new movie so going in fresh ..

Major Spoliers ahead

Spoiler:
Old 05-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Loved it! Going back with a friend to see it again.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Glad you liked it. Amazing to hear that so many of you will see it twice!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Star Trek Into Darkness is no.1 at the box office, earning $70 million over the weekend and hit $84 million since Thursday

Old 05-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Glad you liked it. Amazing to hear that so many of you will see it twice!
Twice? I already have plans to see it a 3rd time.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for contributing to a terrific opening weekend. Do you have a favourite scene?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Star Trek Into Darkness is no.1 at the box office, earning $70 million over the weekend and hit $84 million since Thursday
Thanks for the update Tracey.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To me it was
Spoiler:
I am a fan of peter weller enjoy him in this role . He did my favorite show 24 was great as rogue spy. Admiral role was made for him .

The sending over the croygenic tubes to Kahn on the Federation ship and how they were used to further show us Kahn as almost being immortal.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread