Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Well said. It's unfortunate that it still happens. I imagine casting agents just don't want be bothered seeking out candidates and just take whoever applies that they figure might be able to pass.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:08 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Cross posting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricHearts (View Post)

filming for the sequel for star trek is happening in january
ETA -

‘Star Trek 2′ Begins Pre-Production In January 2011 [Updated] - Screen Rant
Quote:
The as-yet untitled Star Trek sequel – which we will continue to refer to as Star Trek 2 for now – is on course to begin filming in January 2011, according to Bruce Greenwood (aka. the original Enterprise Captain, Christopher Pike).

What is known about Star Trek 2 at this point is that the main Star Trek cast members – Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, etc. – are all set to reprise their roles; Damon Lindelof is working on the script alongside Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci; and J.J. Abrams is still poised to direct the sequel, once he has completed work on Super 8.

Former Captain-turned-Admiral Pike could potentially become a powerful ally (or foe) of the young Captain Kirk (Pine), whose brash nature will undoubtedly lead him to continue butting heads with Starfleet authority figures in future installments. Greenwood (see below) was solid in the role and he has the support of most Star Trek fans so his return in the next film is possible.
The January start date is a good fit for the Star Trek cast and crew as well with their busy schedules. After all, Simon Pegg will probably be working on Mission: Impossible 4 this fall; Chris Pine is still prepped to play Jack Ryan in Moscow, which should begin production in the second half of 2011; and Zoe Saldana has at least another year before Avatar 2 gets underway. Scheduling production on Star Trek 2 for any time other than early 2011 may prove tricky at this point.

We should begin to find out some definite information concerning the plot of the Star Trek sequel over the upcoming months – for creativity’s sake though, let’s hope it doesn’t involve time travel this time around.

UPDATE: Trekmovie.com caught up with Star Trek producer Bryan Burk earlier this month and learned that although pre-production on the sequel could begin in January 2011, shooting on the film is scheduled for late spring/early summer of that year. That would explain Greenwood’s speculative comment.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks for the info
Old 07-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

TrekToday Blog Archive Pine Hoping For Star Trek XII Romance

Quote:
Chris Pine is hoping for a little more character development in the next Star Trek movie, including romance.

In a recent interview, Pine spoke about the sequel, and admitted that he didn’t know when shooting would begin. “I don’t know,” he said, when asked. “I haven’t heard. I’m always the last person to find out. It’s sometime next year I know. I don’t know if it’s January.”

But one thing Pine did know was what he wanted for Captain Kirk in the next movie. And look out, Spock, he’s after your woman! “I want at least one shot at Ms. Saldana,” he said. “I mean please, please God have mercy. Maybe her in her little Avatar outfit.”

Pine also would like fans to see the funny side of Kirk. “Kirk’s got a great sense of humor and I would love to see that explored more,” he said.
Karl Urban Talks About Star Trek in Comic-Con 2010 San Diego | Tech Pinger
Quote:
Shooting for Star Trek XII will “most likely happen mid next year,” said Urban. “May or June next year.” This contrasts with what Bruce Greenwood said recently about filming beginning in January.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks for the info Chris
Old 07-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

You're welcome. I'm just really glad to see filming talk in the news reports.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

, ever closer to beginning filming..
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

William Shatner Keen For Star Trek Return | Showbiz Spy - celebrity news, rumors & gossip

Quote:
WILLIAM Shatner hasn’t ruled out a return to Star Trek.

The actor — who played Captain James T Kirk in seven movies and countless TV episodes — says he could yet be involved in JJ Abrams‘ reboot of the Star Trek franchise in time for his 80th birthday.

“I’ve become a buddy of JJ but I don’t know if they can solve the problem of how do you put the body I’m in now with the Kirk that we remember forty years ago,” says William, who was not involved in last year’s Star Trek prequel movie.

“They just did a ‘Tron’ with Jeff Bridges and de-aged him but I don’t know how they did that. It’s going to take a lot of electronics on me!”
Have to admit that I never thought about the possibility of them electronically enhancing his appearance.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Personally, for me that is a no..
Old 08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Extreme Fan

These past 4 days I must have watched the recent Star Trek movie about 6 times of course with interruptions - LOL

Let them take their time with the 2nd movie. The most recent one was fantastic! The writing and cast, crew, et al., was superb. I noticed that they incoporated the 1960 tv series and the original movies into this movie. I saw similarities such as in Star Trek VI "Th Undiscovered Country" wherein the Klingon world was destroyed and when the Klingon Ambassador was assassinated they showed the droplets of blood floating, hehehehe

If Kirk has a love interest in the next movie, maybe it will be assuring "The Wrath of Klan" when Kirk found out about his son.

Green lady instead of blue, and so on.......

Anywho I know this is a completely different timeline, but I think the writers will still incorporate from prior scripts.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennetta (View Post)

Anywho I know this is a completely different timeline, but I think the writers will still incorporate from prior scripts.
I hope so too. To me, the nods to the original helped the reboot work. Glad that you've enjoyed your rewatch.

Tracey - I completely agree.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Jennette, glad you enjoy the movie
Old 09-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Kurtzman and Orci Tease Possible Villains of Star Trek Sequel

Quote:
One of the most popular races of characters in the Star Trek universe is the Klingons, the glory-seeking alien warriors with ridged foreheads and a fondness for drinking Bloodwine. Attend any comic book or sci-fi convention and the number of "cosplayers" dressed as Klingons will serve as a testament to their enduring popularity. Because of this, Orci said that there is a great deal of pressure to include the Klingons in Star Trek 2, though he added that the new villain or villains will have to be based on what the "characters need" and "reflect" the "new universe" created in the first movie rather than the old continuity.

Introducing a new villain in the sequel is tempting because we now have this incredible new sandbox to play in. On the other hand, some fans really want to see Klingons and it’s hard not to listen to that. The trick is not to do something that’s been seen before just because you think it will be a short cut to likeability.

Kurtzman agreed with Orci that the villain(s) must grow organically out of the needs of the story, mentioning another fan-favorite character, Khan Noonien Singh, the superhuman tyrant famously portrayed by Ricardo Montalbán in both the original Star Trek series and in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Starting at a premise of what you want to see and then working a story around it is not how we do it. You have to start with what is the right story. And that if you can say , 'That’s a story that Khan fits into,' that’s how you get to that. Not deciding on a menu list of items and then seeing if you can’t string them all together. Paramount has set June 29, 2012, as the release date of Star Trek 2. The start of production date has not been officially revealed as of yet.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks for the info Chris

Wonder who they are going to plumb for?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I don't know. Not sure how enthusiastic I am about the Klingon idea. We're used to Klingons being allies now, and not enemies.