Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope that he is Its open to having him involved, cause he's going to be rebuilding the Vulcan population. So he can be brought back
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I agree that the first film left the possibility open. With the planet of Vulcan being destroyed, it would make sense for the remaining Vulcans to stay in touch with each other. Also, I think Spock would be curious to see how things are going between his younger self and Kirk.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Plus cause its an AU, he isn't risking the future and wouldn't need to separate himself So would be interesting and I think Leonard would to keep in touch with his character of Spock. Continue to play the role
Old 01-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkative One (View Post)
I think Leonard would to keep in touch with his character of Spock. Continue to play the role
I think that reviving the character for this film was a positive experience for him.

I wouldn't want to see major involvement in the next film, because it is time to pass the torch. Having a few scenes with the character would be a nice tribute and link to the original franchise.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Screw the torch. I'd much rather see Nimoy onscreen than Quinto.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I disagree cause I do think its time to pass the torch on. I think Nimoy should continue to have a few scenes in future movies but this storyline is about Kirk and Spock, the young ones. So can't really have alot of Nimoy as Spock
Old 01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

If they want quality character portrayal they should go with the actors who can do it best rather than the ones who can't. Which means focusing on Nimoy rather than on Quinto. A Nimoy performance has so much more to it (and is more valuable) than a Quinto performance. Much more worth seeing. To hell with what the story is supposed to be. Better performances make for better films and Nimoy performances are way better. I don't get this whole passing the torch thing. The point is Nimoy is way better than Quinto and cannot be replaced by him. A Nimoy Spock performance is so much better than a Quinto Spock performance. There's nobody to pass the torch to who can do it as well as Nimoy, so I'd just as well not have the torch passed from his hands. I'd much rather see a film about old Spock rebuilding the Vulcan people than about the new guys wandering around the galaxy and the new pseudo-Spock being a prissy jerk. The recent film would have been far weaker without Nimoy's performance.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nimoy has had YEARS as Spock and thats why a Nimoy!performance would be a lot better than Zach's right now. Maybe its cause I've been a Zach fan for a few years now cause of him as Sylar but I felt that he was brilliant as Spock. I have seen 3 seasons of Zach playing a villian and even in those 3 seasons, he has had moments to play other roles. One point they had Sylar good and even when Zach did that, he was fanastic. So seeing Zach going from a pure evil character to Spock who has close to no emotions, was brilliant. So I think that Zach has done well and can continue to do well

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind a single movie devoted to seeing Nimoy's Spock rebuilding Vulcan. But I do think its time that the torch is passed on and this series seem to be more about re-inventing Star Trek. The recent movie really did bring alot of new fans in, alot of Qunito fans watched it even if they don't do Star Trek plus JJ brought his own fanbase in cause he's an amazing director/producer...etc

Last edited by crash landing; 01-15-2010 at 08:33 AM
Old 01-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Nimoy has had YEARS as Spock and thats why a Nimoy!performance would be a lot better than Zach's right now.
It's more than that. Nimoy's just a significantly more talented actor. He's capable of a profundity I've never seen Quinto do and capable of other things too that I've never seen from Quinto.

Quote:
Maybe its cause I've been a Zach fan for a few years now cause of him as Sylar but I felt that he was brilliant as Spock. I have seen 3 seasons of Zach playing a villian and even in those 3 seasons, he has had moments to play other roles. One point they had Sylar good and even when Zach did that, he was fanastic. So seeing Zach going from a pure evil character to Spock who has close to no emotions, was brilliant. So I think that Zach has done well and can continue to do well
Quinto has been reasonably good as Sylar on Heroes, but his work there only goes so far. As Spock he failed. His Spock wasn't remotely Spock and was unsympathetic and bland.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind a single movie devoted to seeing Nimoy's Spock rebuilding Vulcan. But I do think its time that the torch is passed on and this series seem to be more about re-inventing Star Trek. The recent movie really did bring alot of new fans in, alot of Qunito fans watched it even if they don't do Star Trek plus JJ brought his own fanbase in cause he's an amazing director/producer...etc
I don't see any reason why the torch should be passed on, from a better actor to a less good actor. Why is it time the torch was passed on? Just because some people say so?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
I think Nimoy should continue to have a few scenes in future movies but this storyline is about Kirk and Spock, the young ones. So can't really have alot of Nimoy as Spock
Agreed. Rebooting the franchise means moving on and focusing on the new actors. Dithering back and forth will just cause confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'd much rather see a film about old Spock rebuilding the Vulcan people than about the new guys wandering around the galaxy and the new pseudo-Spock being a prissy jerk. The recent film would have been far weaker without Nimoy's performance.
That would be an excellent way to use Spock in the next film. Agree that Nimoy made valuable contributions to XI, not just for continuity, but his acting skills.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Agreed. Rebooting the franchise means moving on and focusing on the new actors. Dithering back and forth will just cause confusion.
Except they didn't really reboot the franchise. This is still connected to the old stories and they imported the original Spock. So their "reboot" is already compromised. I don't see why it shouldn't continue to be compromised, for the sake of quality. Old Spock is already part of their new "rebooted" Trek, so I don't see why they shouldn't use him. And let's examine this whole reboot idea. Is it really a good idea to ditch 40 plus years of Trek just to start anew? I think it's just as well they didn't really do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
That would be an excellent way to use Spock in the next film. Agree that Nimoy made valuable contributions to XI, not just for continuity, but his acting skills.
Nimoy was the best thing in the movie. Without him it would have been a far lesser movie. If he's absent from the next one I'll sorely miss him.

It's not time to pass the torch on until Nimoy can no longer contribute his acting. If he dies or retires then it'll be time to pass the torch. Until then, if he can contribute they should use him because he's the best thing they've got.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

love spock. add me please
Old 01-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

We don't have a list yet, but if we get one you'll be added.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nimoy may be the best thing that they have but don't want him to have a greater role than the rest of the cast. I just feel that he should mainly be in the background, would rock to have him continue to be in a few scenes and even maybe be big in the next movie showing him rebuilding Vulcan but thats all
Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why should they keep their best thing in the background? Doesn't make sense.