Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

The most snow we got was about 5 inches. And it only lasted a day and a half. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hello, Johnnie!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Impatient:
The most snow we got was about 5 inches. And it only lasted a day and a half. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hello, Johnnie!

Consider yourself lucky. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I'd rather bike all year round. I still do bike most of the year but the winter is very hard on the bike. I heard a weird noise while I was biking today, never realized what it was until I got off to push it and got to looking, it was the kickstand touching the bike tire, I had to move it out of the way, it's not exactly in the best shape.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

I don't consider myself lucky! I want snow! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Yes, I have been told I must have been switched at birth, and that I am an eskimo who should be in Alaska. I wish...
Old 02-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm with Johnnie. Getting more than a few inches of snow at a time is a pain.

There was an update about the bomb threat at the school on the radio. They didn't find anything and the school will be open until 9 pm so the kids can pick up their books. There goes that excuse for not getting homework done. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

I am glad that there was no bomb. I am sure there are a lot of disappointed people, though, if the school is open late so they can get their books. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

We never had bomb threats when I was in school. We did, however, have people bring guns to school. And, there was one time when a group of students met by the flagpole in front of the school and were shot at by someone in a car. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

oh, I'm definitely relieved that it was only a threat and no actual bomb was found.

Originally they just told the kids that there was going to be a fire drill shortly, and that they should get their coats because they'd be going outside. A few kids didnt' bother, and once they were out of the building, the authorities didn't let them back in. So I guess that the school will be open tomorrow morning too so the kids can pick up stuff they left behind.

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited C h r i s ]
Old 02-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

I can only imagine how relieved you must be!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Website Manager

Guns in schools [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Cell phones are actually common nowadays in schools or at least among teenagers... there are quite a few people I've seen at work with them.

Quote:
Originally posted by C h r i s:
They didn't find anything and the school will be open until 9 pm so the kids can pick up their books.
I would seriously think there would still be excuses though. Some people don't have transportation back to a school unless via school bus. I know if I came home on the bus I wouldn't take my bike and bike back to the school to pick my books up [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

They've missed so much school this year ... a couple of power outages, close to two weeks due to snow storms, and now this ... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie:

I would seriously think there would still be excuses though. Some people don't have transportation back to a school unless via school bus. I know if I came home on the bus I wouldn't take my bike and bike back to the school to pick my books up [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
Yeah, that's true. Most of the kids are bussed, so they'd have to drive back to town. Besides, if you'd left your coat, there'd be no way that you'd bike in. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, there are always excuses. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I came up with quite a few back in the day. Ah, the memories... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Yeah, there are always excuses. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I came up with quite a few back in the day. Ah, the memories... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Nah, the sweet, innocent face I see in that avatar would never make excuses to get out of doing homework.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Website Manager

Quote:

I was the opposite, 99% of the time I'd have my homework done before going home even if I had to do it at lunch [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

I never had the need for excuses until I got to high school. And, I didn't use nearly as many as I had. I just always wanted to have one handy. Some days, and in some classes, it was really necessary to have one ready at a moment's notice. You can't make it sound like something you had just made up, either.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I was a good girl. I always did my homework. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]