Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2020, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris...that's so true.... there are people who will drive miles to to go to a restaurant b/c they love their steak or burgers or whatever

OK...heading out to check on library policy on returned books...I better not be fined...I returned blue ray on Sunday...
Old 08-28-2020, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Dave - got the Monday off
Old 08-28-2020, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tracey... that's a good day to have off
Old 08-29-2020, 06:07 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Tracey - enjoy your long weekend! Any specific plans?

Dave - what did you find out at the library? Our library has suspended fines for the rest of the year. I think I would have rather that they extended the loan period so people still had a deadline to get things back.

I think I mentioned about a car going down the boat launch and into the harbour the other day. Apparently the 2 occupants died. They were 86 & 82.

We had quite the storm last night.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris -- they suspend fines as long as it's within the 4 days of "library material isolation" period. However I think she removed the blue ray check out from my account. I have a mostly positive history with my library. A few damp books and magazines got damp hey it happens...people drink while reading, read in bathroom, read taking a bath, rain gets in purse/ bag, etc
Also 2 days of on and off rain...it rained dangerously hard on Friday morning unbrella got ruined... Church will be in question this weekend for me...I'll try to go Sunday...we'll see how weather is

Johnnie...how is work today

Tracey...any plans this weekend like meeting with friends again?
Old 08-29-2020, 08:01 AM
Website Manager

Weekend, so off work today, you made me look at the calendar though to make sure it was Saturday.

Was thinking about leveling to 30 in DDO and resetting this weekend back down to 20 and going back up again but a slight pain to try and get that all done before the group I play with comes back online later today (I did level a little bit ahead as they are running 50% experience potions, but I find those pricey to run all the time so when I can I'll just run other things to stay in range, so will likely run lower level stuff for favour or play more Minecraft til they come on... been extending my glass building that I have almost completely surrounded with lava.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Johnnie...that's cool that you have Saturdays off.... are you going to go out today?
Old 08-29-2020, 09:48 AM
Website Manager

Nope. I have been going out less and less since the whole COVID thing... aside from my once a week trip to the dollar store and work, yeah... though I do kind of want to order some garlic fingers at some point. Haven't had ones from a pizza place since my birthday... almost 4 months ago.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:56 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Dave - I've been really pleased with my library. I use the branch mainly for DVD's. Books I get through the e-library. Mom ruined the last book I borrowed for her, so I had to pay for that. She was charged the value of the book and a restocking fee. It was an older book that had been lent out a number of times, but that didn't seem to be taken into consideration.

Johnnie - I've become more of a homebody too. I don't run out to the store for just one thing anymore.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Johnnie...thanks for reminder.... I have a Domino's 5 dollar Earned LuckyDay app coupon burried in my inbox un-used...hope it's still good

Chris...I'm sorry to hear the book was damaged...hope it wasn't 30 for you blue rays and dvds...the public library will charge you 30
Old 08-29-2020, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

The fee was $35. I took it from mom's account. And I stopped borrowing books for her from the library. Her residence has a book exchange, so I just started looking for things for her to read there.

Is your coupon still good?
Old 08-29-2020, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris... yes it was...but- 2 Big Buts

1. I had to hunt for the store promiotion email first...7.99 for 1 large 3 topping pizza @dominos....

2. the store refused to honor my coupon in my online order details...I get this treatment b/c I'm legally blind. How do I know this [other than sad life experience]? I reached into my pocket and got out my phone to show him gift card number on email pizza order detail. 2 seconds after I whipped out my phone... he said OK...3 dollars... - maybe he thought I was going to call the police. Store policy usually requires customer to show gift card number if there's a disagreement with online order, but he knew I was right so I didn't have to I sadly always get poor customer service.

35 for a book fee sucks.... what book was it...I could get it for you free legally -- Amazon Bing search rewards credit or free from library book shelf
Old 08-29-2020, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Chris - don't have any specific plans this one, just a quiet one..
Old 08-29-2020, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

2 bits of news...one I'll let you find yourself

Many Chad Boseman/ Black Panther fans Don't want the Marvel Chracter Re-Casted according to JustJared E-news

Latest development in Blake Case Has defense for Police if prosecuted or fired for improper procedures. I'll let you guys research it if you want or I can say it here if you want me to also . I know we generally like to keep things positive here.

We do know what general fan forum posters grieve over like CoVid and deaths of celebrities.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:55 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Tracey - a quiet and relaxing weekend is always nice

Dave - sorry about your customer service issues. Glad you wound up getting the pizza for a decent price. Sad news about Chad Boseman. Cancer is a terrible disease. As to recasting, that's always a tough call. I think fans generally find it more acceptable if some time has passed.

It's become very obvious that the police need to stop and think before taking action.