Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2018, 06:33 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Dave - hubby's going out tonight to a birthday party. It's somebody he used to work with, so I've met him, but don't really know him. They've got a wrestling ring set up and will have some professional wrestlers come in to perform. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

Just normal Saturday chores for me.

How about you?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:58 AM
Website Manager

Yeah, really not enjoying this week.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What's going on, Johnnie?

And that sounds like a weird idea for a party, Chris but kinda cool at the same time...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 09-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Dave - hubby's going out tonight to a birthday party. It's somebody he used to work with, so I've met him, but don't really know him. They've got a wrestling ring set up and will have some professional wrestlers come in to perform. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

Just normal Saturday chores for me.

How about you?
Chris... can you ask your hubby when he gets home...was there anyone from the WWE at your hubbys party?

Johnnie...oh no, I've had rough weeks too

Went out to the mall 3 cities down...I showed lots of retrained and didn't spend a penny..I could have seen a movie...but nothing I want to see until Venom comes out
Old 09-22-2018, 12:29 PM
Website Manager

Less people that I enjoy working with than there used to be. The GM being away most of the week due to first aid on two of the days didn't help. Having to work my full scheduled times and sometimes later, some other problems I won't mention.

On top of that had an issue that started on my laptop a few days ago with the computer seeming to scroll right on it's own (sometimes down as well) tried a number of things to fix it to no avail so far. Doing a windows system scan on it at the moment.

As a result anything I watch in VLC (unless I click behind VLC to not make it the active window) has the volume auto-turned down pretty quickly to zero. Have to counter it by scrolling up on the touchpad and quickly clicking behind the window... can't full screen the app as a result.

ETA: It's working now... .booted into Safe Mode and it didn't do it anymore... booted back into Regular and it didn't do it anymore.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Kia - that's what I thought. Told hubby that he'd best go on his own because I'd want to say hello and go home.

Dave - doubt that they could afford anybody at that level, but I'll ask. Congrats on showing restraint! I've been doing better at that myself lately. Picking things up, deciding I really don't need it, and going home without buying it. No matter how good the sale, if it's not something I'm sure that I'll use, it isn't really a bargain.

Johnnie - that's how I was feeling when I retired. Most of the people I really enjoyed working with had moved on to other jobs, and I just wasn't enjoying going to work. Gals you got your laptop sorted out.

Had a productive day getting my laundry, vacuuming and groceries done.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Website Manager

Hoping it's fixed now.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome, Chris

I procrastinated away to then decide I needed to clean the bathroom in the middle of the night... on a Saturday. Yay for exciting social life But it looks awesome now.

Dave, that's great! I'm working on that as well

Johnnie, that sounds like work really sucks ATM. I'm sorry to hear that At least you got your laptop to behave again!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 09-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Website Manager

Well, the GM had asked me if I wanted to switch to a different open when one of the openers left the position (gave notice and left company), but they got someone else doing it now... kind of annoying... I mean the GM doesn't do the schedule, the assistant does, but you'd think they'd talk in advance about it.

Think I'm gonna call it a night a little early tonight... didn't get a whole lot of sleep this morning before work, would rather have a little earlier start before DnD than try and force myself to stay up longer and maybe not feel tired when I actually do go to sleep. Bought orange icecream I hope to try in the morning.

Glad your bathroom looks good.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Kia - cleaning the bathroom is one of my least favourite jobs. It does look good when it's done though.

Johnnie - could you ask the GM if there was a reason you didn't get the shift?
Old 09-23-2018, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Tracey...did you get good seats
, got seats in the higher section, as last time I was there, I got excellent seats, right near the glass, but could not really see what was happening at the other end , so I've got a better view of the whole rink this time..
Old 09-23-2018, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh that sucks, Johnnie. Like Chris suggested, I'd probably ask what happened

Chris, yeah, not a fan of the bathroom and I live alone.

Sold an IKEA shelf online this morning
Third piece of furniture to go from my home office. I'm getting better at minimizing stuff

Tracey, seats for what? Are we talking sports?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 09-23-2018, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
, got seats in the higher section, as last time I was there, I got excellent seats, right near the glass, but could not really see what was happening at the other end , so I've got a better view of the whole rink this time..
oh nice... bring your binoculars

Chris... there are some WWE wresters from Canada who are retired....so it's a possibility, but doubtful

Jhonnie...have a good day at DnD

Kia...I can clean at any moment as well...but probably not in the middle of the night
Old 09-23-2018, 06:38 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Tracey - I know what you mean about getting a better view if you sit further back. We had front row seats to a play once, and found it hard to see the entire stage and what was going on at the sides.

Kia - for selling your shelf! I've got so much stuff that I should get rid of, but I'm not quite ready to part with yet.

Dave - we don't follow wrestling at all. Hubby said they provided a ring, chairs, an announcer, but he didn't know anything about any affiliation.

Apparently they might discharge mom tomorrow. The nurse asked sis about a wheelchair, which we don't have. Last we heard somebody there was going to measure mom for one, but we never heard anything more about it. Hopefully we can borrow one from the legion.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chris...hope you can get a wheel chair for your mom...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread