Old 05-15-2020, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Thanks for bringing that over.

You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I'd love to see any of the actors reprising roles be nominated. Sci-fi series often seem to be overlooked in awards.

I totally agree. I hope Picard wins something.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:25 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It would be wonderful recognition for the show just to receive some nominations for the actors.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Old 05-27-2020, 05:42 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It looks like they had a nice camaraderie on set.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:27 AM
New Fan

4 problems

1.is Dahj now a dead robot?
2.what is that for sci-fi, when robots get forbidden, because
one person maddox-co is to stupid to make robots?
3.with what was it possible to reactivate the cubus-damage by 7?
4.what is that to kill data again, since nemesis or is one copy
of his program only deleted?
Old 05-27-2020, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yeah they seemed close.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:57 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Welcome to Fan Forum. I'm going to move this over to our general Picard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niomu (View Post)
1.is Dahj now a dead robot?
That's my understanding, yes.
Quote:
2.what is that for sci-fi, when robots get forbidden, because
one person maddox-co is to stupid to make robots?
The idea seems to be that robots become sentient, and rebel against being slaves to humans.

Quote:
3.with what was it possible to reactivate the cubus-damage by 7?
Sorry, I don't remember the particulars of that

Quote:
4.what is that to kill data again, since nemesis or is one copy
of his program only deleted?
I believe that it was a copy of Data's programme in the 'cloud'.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
The second season of Star Trek: Picard is being planned out, and star Patrick Stewart is dropping some hints on where it might be headed.

As part of its FYC Emmy campaign, CBS sent Picard star Sir Patrick Stewart and showrunner Michael Chabon to LA Times’ The Envelope to talk about crafting the first season. They also talked a bit about season two.

Echoing recent comments from executive producer Akiva Goldsman about how they were applying lessons from season one into season two, Michael Chabon said, “The first season of Picard, especially the first half, was about learning how to make Picard.” For his part, Stewart focused on how the developing cast chemistry off the set is informing season two:

Stewart: There was no socializing [between the actors] for the first five months — we were shooting. When we came to the end of the [season], we had promotional activities to engage with and we were traveling together on airplanes and got to know one another so much better. This is going to be a new element in Season 2, that there is a lot of mutual respect everywhere. If you know you can take risks, and there is a network around you that if you crash land, they will catch you, it’s a wonderful feeling. That’s how I feel now. I feel safe.

The main cast is all expected to be back, with the exception of Harry Treadaway (Narek). Star Trek: Voyager’s Seven of Nine was a recurring character and appeared in the closing scene of the season one finale—and Jeri Ryan recently confirmed she will be back for season two, which is expected to start shooting in the fall. It has also been confirmed that Whoopi Goldberg will be reprising her TNG role as Guinan, and LeVar Burton indicated he’ll be bringing in Geordi LaForge as well.

Not much is known about where season two is headed. Akiva Goldsman has said the writers are using the extra time given to them during the pandemic lockdown to refine scripts and stories, which includes ensuring that early episodes tie in neatly with payoffs that come later in the serialized season. He also described the idea behind the season as “cool.” Chabon has previously stated that season two will address the repercussions of Picard’s consciousness being transferred into an android body.

The arc of the first season of Picard was tied to Picard’s past and the guilt he carried regarding the death of Data in Star Trek: Nemesis as well as his involvement with the Romulans. While there may still be some other loose ends, the season provided a sense of closure in both of those cases. However, there is still a major issue that the former commander of the USS Enterprise-D is still grappling with in 2399.

In the LA Times interview, while talking about how Picard was influenced by the 2017 X-Men film Logan (in which Patrick Stewart played an older and infirm version of Professor X), Stewart pointed out how Chabon brought a significant piece of Jean-Luc’s history into Picard season one:

Michael, you also introduced emotional disturbances in Picard which had not been present before… like his experience as a partially assimilated [cybernetic organism] Borg. There was no real residue from it. But there has to have been. What has it been like for the past 25 years, having gone through that incredibly traumatic experience and never having had the chance to talk about it or reckon with it or purge it?

The Borg were also a significant part of the first season of Picard, with the liberated “xBs” from a captured cube that eventually crash-landed on the Synth homeworld. The fate of those former Borg was one of the loose threads left at the end of the season, along with the trauma Stewart pointed out he still carries from being assimilated and everything he did as Locutus. Finding closure for this and exploring the Borg more in season two would seem to flow naturally from season one—if not front and center, at least as one element.
source
Old 06-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Jeri Ryan recently confirmed she will be back for season two, which is expected to start shooting in the fall. It has also been confirmed that Whoopi Goldberg will be reprising her TNG role as Guinan, and LeVar Burton indicated he’ll be bringing in Geordi LaForge as well.
WONDERFUL news!
Old 06-12-2020, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

, glad of that
Old 06-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The main cast is all expected to be back, with the exception of Harry Treadaway (Narek).
That's a shame. I was hoping to see him again.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Me too. I also hope to see Laris and Zhaban again. I'm very happy about Seven, Geordi and Guinan.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:40 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Overall I liked Narek. Won't miss his sister though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
Me too. I also hope to see Laris and Zhaban again.
It would be great to see them again.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
Me too. I also hope to see Laris and Zhaban again. I'm very happy about Seven, Geordi and Guinan.
In some previous interview some months ago also robert picardo said he'd reprise his role as the doctor and there was rumours of michael dorn returning as worf.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

That would be great, too!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread