Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Good title! I'm working on some new vids for the OP and tweaking some new artwork. I haven't forgotten about this thread -- I promise !
Okay.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just got home from the Las Vegas Con. Had a fantastic time. DS9 was well represented.

Thursday night was a dinner at the Atomic Testing Museum (very interesting, especially if you are a science geek like me) with Rene, Armin, Marc, Casey and Jeff Coombs. Casey is a hoot and the biggest flirt. The fangirls were swooning over him!

Friday morning did a breakfast with Nana (who looks smashing. What is she, like 23 years old now!?), Andy Robinson, Salome Jens, Aron, Jeff and James Darren. I think Nana could talk Kira all day. The enthusiasm she has for her character is amazing. And Andy Robinson was so interesting. He talked about auditioning for Odo (how would the series had played out if that casting selection would have come about?), and how he nearly didn't come back to test for Garak after they picked Rene for Odo and not him.

Later on Friday they did a DS9 Dominion War Panel discussion with Andy, Jeff (who played it like Weyoun "The Founder is wise in all things"), Salome, Casey and Marc. Marc remains convinced the writers made a mistake not having Dukat bed Kira (I asked Nana about that and she just went OFF!).

A room party was arranged with Rene for ORACLE members. There were seven of us and Rene spent about 90 minutes talking about everything from Odo to his latest role on Warehouse 13. I can't say enough about Rene. Such a genuinely nice man.

Late Friday afternoon was the DS9 Panel with Rene, Nana, Armin, Aron and Jimmy Darren (four aliens and a lightbulb). One question was which of them felt the most out of place on the station and not surprisingly, they all thought it was their character who was the most displaced. The interaction between the actors was interesting and even in that setting you could see their chemistry with each other.

Other notable events were Shatner and Nimoy (with a cameo appearance by Patrick Stewart) who told old stories and genuinely seemed to have a good time with each other and the audience. I also got to see Jonathan Frakes, who was really funny and self depreciating.

Finally, the Voyager crew, who were hilarious. They spent more time making jokes and taking the mickey out of each other than answering questions, but it was a riot.

I had to leave Sunday, so I missed Stewart and Brent Spiner, but I had a marvelous time.

Mary

Who needs Dinner . . .
Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

oh, wow! Thanks for sharing Mary. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. It's terrific that all the actors genuinely wanted to be there and interact with the fans.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Mary, glad you had a fab time! and thanks for your lovely report, great to hear about the actors having fun
Old 08-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

That is awesome Mary... so glad you had a fabulous time!!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

new thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread