Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Given Kira's past, she has every right to be reasonably concerned - how many traps and ambushes did she probably take part in and plan during her days in the Resistance? It probably screamed "this is a trap" to a woman who'd spent her childhood doing whatever it took to stay alive. Hearing that her lover, who means well, is going into this alone would be unnerving. She'd want to be there beside him holding a phaser at the ready. It's a testament to how deeply she loves him...just as he stood by her at the blockade.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

It more than likely did, but she was brave enough to let him go off on his own and trusted in him that he would return to her arms no matter what happened.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Love how he drapes his arm around her and promises to be careful, even as he tells her not to worry. Her reply was great .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

They were great!!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:47 AM
New Fan

My heart melted in tears of the prophets when Odo thought Kira wanted to break up with him. It was worse when she said he had avoided her for a few days. That must have been the longest days of his life.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairepear28 (View Post)
My heart melted in tears of the prophets when Odo thought Kira wanted to break up with him. It was worse when she said he had avoided her for a few days. That must have been the longest days of his life.
I'm writing a fanfiction about that episode. It's coming along in stops and starts - hopefully I'll finish it soon

Who needs dinner . . .

My Odo/Kira website: http://www.freewebs.com/laurelgirl120/
Old 07-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Supreme Fan

I think it was a matter of Odo taking her quite seriously when she says, "Goodbye, Odo." She was just irked at him and didn't want to discuss what happened, and he didn't realize that it wasn't the "This is over" kind of goodbye, but merely a "Leave me alone for a while to calm down" kind of departure. She had never thought he would take it that way.

Kira's always had a temper - she's known for it. In the past, she would snap at anybody. During season 7, perhaps as a result of their first spat, Kira has a good hold on her temper (at least toward Odo). The only time she really snaps at him directly is in "When It Rains" and she apologizes immediately afterward. In "Chimera" during the scene in Odo's quarters, Kira is the calmest one in the room even as Odo is the one pacing and irritable. He's lashing out at her, which clearly stuns her ... she's not even sure what to say to him because he's acting like somebody else ("You're starting to sound like Laas.").

I always thought it would've been interesting if it had been a Bajoran officer/civilian that Laas had killed instead of a Klingon.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-20-2014, 11:36 AM
New Fan

Mary, really excited about your new fanfiction. There cannot ever be enough fan fiction. I'm a big fan of your stories. I've read them all - several times!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairepear28 (View Post)
Mary, really excited about your new fanfiction. There cannot ever be enough fan fiction. I'm a big fan of your stories. I've read them all - several times!

Thanks. We fanfic writers love this kind of feedback. Glad you've enjoyed my stories

Who needs dinner . . .

My Odo/Kira website: http://www.freewebs.com/laurelgirl120/
Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelgirl120 (View Post)
Thanks. We fanfic writers love this kind of feedback. Glad you've enjoyed my stories
Feedback is the best thing fo a writer!!

Most of my fanfic has ground to a halt in favor of my novels. I am so close to getting my first book published!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Supreme Fan

That's awesome! Congrats .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-23-2014, 10:30 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I'm writing a fanfiction about that episode. It's coming along in stops and starts - hopefully I'll finish it soon
Oooo exciting! I too have enjoyed your work.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source
Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

So he thought! LOL! Odo had no idea the impact Kira woul dhave on him until he was already lost in love with her !LOL!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
- Oh! New fanfiction! I'm super excited! I love your stories.
Speaking of stories, Queenix has posted two more on archiveofourown. Go check them out, they have some great premises. Queenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Feedback is the best thing fo a writer!!
- I just want to extend that and say: the best thing for artists is feedback. (chefs, composers, musicians, fine artists, actors, etc). Another perspective can and will see things that you don't. Things you may not even thought of that will improve the work will help immensely. I find that as a fine artist the opinion of others is something that you need to rely on to make your work complete. More than half of my art classes were spent on critiques. And my art improved because of that feedback.
Quote:
Most of my fanfic has ground to a halt in favor of my novels. I am so close to getting my first book published!!!
- I broke down the other day and read your posts about your up coming OK story. I have some comments and suggestions if you are interested in hearing them I can post them here (with spoiler tags) or pm them to you. Let me know.
Quote:
So he thought! LOL! Odo had no idea the impact Kira woul dhave on him until he was already lost in love with her !LOL!
- Yeah. In the very beginning of the show, I love how he expresses to Quark how messy relationships are and how much he doesn't care to be involved in them. Then he falls in love and it all becomes so messy for him. I always wondered what would have happened if Sisko and the others found out that it was Gaia Odo (or as 5 minute calls him Oldo) who eraised the timeline. How they would have reacted to current Odo.

Last edited by Milquetoast_onacid; 07-27-2014 at 09:50 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread