Friends and Lovers
At Last
It's Your Love
Everything I Do (I Do It For You)
When You Love Someone
Please Remember Me
Please Forgive Me
All For Love
I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
Written in the Stars
How Can I Not Love You
I Already Do
After All
All the Way
Beautiful
Before Your Love
Right In Front of You
My Destiny
Could It Be
Hello
It Matters To Me
Against All Odds
When Love Is Gone
You Lie - Chimera Chronicles Part I
Tell Me I Was Dreaming - Chimera Chronicles Part II
Sorry
Love Will Lead You Back
My Forever Love
Open Arms
Can't Fight This Feeling

FANFICTION
Chimera Tales
Tales By the OdoGoddess
Odo's PADD
Odo & Kira Forever

FANSITES
The Odo/Kira Fan Spot
Odo-Kira Archive
Rene Auberjonois Internet Link

Highlights:

Necessary Evil - Odo flashbacks and remembers when he first saw/met Kira, during the Occupation. A pretty girl like you shouldn't be sitting alone.
Crossfire - Odo preparing for his morning meeting with Kira, and adding the belt to his uniform because she said it looked good on him.
Children of Time - *sigh* Odo's feelings are revealed to a stunned Kira, who (thanks to the Odo from a different timeline) sees a different side to Odo. I love you, Nerys. I've *always* loved you.
His Way -the kiss! That was smokin' hot !
The Reckoning -Odo & Kira lovey-dovey scenes ! That IS the real me ... at least as far as everybody else is concerned.
Image in the Sand - Odo & Kira on the upper level of the Promenade, reflecting on their first kiss. That was some kiss, wasn't it? Changed my life
Shadows & Symbols -Odo stands by Kira's side as she stands up to a whole fleet of Romulan warbirds. Things get extra tense, and without turning to look at him (she knew he was right there behind her), Kira asks him if he's still glad he came along. I wouldn't have missed it for anything.
Treachery, Faith, & the Great River - that massage at the beginning!
Chrysalis -Odo & Kira subconsciously holding hands at the table ... just so natural for them to do that, they don't really notice it until Serena calls attention to it.
Covenant -the scene at the beginning, when Odo is asking if he can go to services with Kira ... so that they can spend more time together. Yep, he's in love!
Chimera -The whole episode rocked. The love scene at the very end is the most romantic love scene I've ever seen. I want to know you ... the way you really are.
Badda-bing, Badda-bang - Odo kisses Kira's shoulder as they're getting ready to "pull off the caper"
Tacking into the Wind - When Garak breaks the news to Kira about Odo's worsening condition, she says she's known this whole time. I love him, Garak ... you think I really wouldn't notice? Also, a touching embrace with Odo and Kira at the end of the episode. Nerys ...stay here ... with me.
Extreme Measures -Kira and Odo exchange "I love yous" while Odo lays on his deathbed. Kira presses her lips to Odo's, despite his hesitation and concern at his appearance

ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 04-02-2015 at 12:58 PM
Old 07-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

TFTNT Donna

Old 07-08-2014, 12:27 PM
New Fan

Great new thread! I always found it great how odo fell in love with kira but I always loved to look back on episodes for where kira started falling for odo.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
TFTNT Donna
You're welcome !

Quote:
I always found it great how odo fell in love with kira but I always loved to look back on episodes for where kira started falling for odo
That's fun to do as well. You could always tell Kira really cared about Odo, and by the time they kiss in "His Way" she'd already felt that way for some time. She was the one who initiated the kiss in "Children of Time" with the Gaian Odo. Perhaps because he acted so openly with her, it allowed her to be open as well.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-09-2014, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source

Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Laurel Girl said: "The writers realized Odo was in love with Kira mid-way through season 2: "("Necessary Evil"). A lot of Odo/Kira fans knew 'something' was there as early as the first few episodes in season 1. Odo, the grumpy curmudgeon (especially the first couple of years), is unfailingly solicitous and patient with Kira. There is this bond between them that we see starting with "Emissary" and it grows and deepens over the years. It's so much fun to watch those early seasons and ferret out those subtle undercurrents that can go by unnoticed if you aren't looking."
- Absolutely! I must confess that when DS9 was on I was obsessed with Voyager and didn't gave DS9 a chance. I watched it every once in a while when people had said it was better than Voyager. I did not think that then but I guess I didn't realize that this was a show that you needed to watch in order. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that because of this; I have vague memories of seeing His Way late at night, so I was pretty much spoiled in that I knew they were going to get together. I do wish that I didn't know that and so that I could see them from the beginning and trying to figure how how they felt about each other back then.

All in all I'm glad that the writers did pair them up. Some people think that it weakened their characters because it softened them. I liked that it changed them. And that they found a peace, love and security in each other. Both of them seemed much more comfortable about who they were. Of course this is DS9 and OK so there was still angst to be had. I think that they played with the unrequited love angle for long enough and if they had continued that it might lead to a stunt in Odo's character growth. Another thing that I loved was that they got to know each other so very well. Kira in Chimera and both of them in Tacking in the Wind.

Laurel Girl said: "Then there's Kira's not-so-subtle seduction of Odo in "Dramatis Personae'. She might have been possessed by an Alien Entity, but I've always thought Kira was subconsciously acting on the signals Odo was sending out (without either of them knowing it). I don't think Odo would know to call what he felt for Kira as "love" at that point - only that he recognized some connection he couldn't identify."
- I loved that! If only Odo had recognized at that point that he was falling in love with Kira. What he would have done with Kira throwing herself at him? Same with the episode Fascination , what would Odo have done if Kira was chasing him instead of Bashir.

Wes&Fred Fan said: "Loved how in the scene in "The Jem'Hadar" after Kira leaves, Odo still watches her for a bit and then turns to go. He's watching her thoughtfully ...."
- Yes, that was I think what drew me to the scene at first. Then I noticed that there was much more too it than just that. Subtext, Subtext you gotta love it! There is another couple from another fandom that I love, that one is all about the subtext as well. Right up until the last episode it is played as really close friends who are life partners or as two people in love. You can just interpret it either way depending on your pov. That is how I felt about OK before they got together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairepear28 (View Post)
Great new thread! I always found it great how odo fell in love with kira but I always loved to look back on episodes for where kira started falling for odo.
- They thoroughly explored Odo's feelings for Kira and the conflict that it brought him. That being said I very much agree that it's interesting to watch for scenes involving Kira's feelings for Odo. They way it was played and written (because DS9 is a subtextual kind of show) your about as unsure as Odo is. I guess looking back on it and how they ended up you can read into their many scenes together. I think that Shakaar's speech sums it up quite nicely.

^ I love that episode Crazy Diamond. The first time I watched it I really only focused on this scene. But on my second view I really enjoyed the episode as a whole. It's very interesting in that, this is an Odo episode but does not start off that way. You go in thinking that the A plot is going to be about Sisko and Jake's relationship and how Sisko is getting the blues from Jake growing up.

Anywho, I love this episode in terms of OK. I really feel that Kira is very enamored with Odo in this episode. I love the symbols in this show. Sisko's baseball as representing his presence on the station and his realtionship with Jake. Odo's bucket representing his connection his people and OK's love for each other. Bashir and O'Brien's darts representing their bromance. I want to do some vector art on this. I have vision of it being on a tee shirt.

One of my favorite scenes in the wardroom scene where everyone is arguing on what to do with the Jem'Hadar. Kira is completely focused on Odo who is completely thrown by the whole situation.

I must confess that I am on my first re watch of DS9 but I've been avoiding watching the last episodes. WYLB is so depressing to me. They are so tragic.

Last edited by Milquetoast_onacid; 07-09-2014 at 09:20 AM
Old 07-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milquetoast_onacid (View Post)
^ I love that episode Crazy Diamond. The first time I watched it I really only focused on this scene. But on my second view I really enjoyed the episode as a whole. It's very interesting in that, this is an Odo episode but does not start off that way. You go in thinking that the A plot is going to be about Sisko and Jake's relationship and how Sisko is getting the blues from Jake growing up.
it's a lovely scene..

Old 07-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Odo and Kira always shared such a deep connection that it was obvious that when things were broken between them (betrayal, etc) the devastation they both felt was almost physical. When the FC relays the news of Kira's capture and impending execution to Odo, he reels backward, shaken to the core. When Odo calls Kira a Solid in "Behind the Lines" she's hurt first and brings up their friendship, daring him to say that it means nothing. When he says as much, that's when she knows the Odo who was her friend is gone. The moment Odo goes to apologize to her, he's desperate to recreate the connection and actually physically touches her to get her to stop walking away from him, only she shrugs his hand off ... showing him before verbally telling him that the connection has been severed. Odo's left practically trembling after Kira tells him they're "way past sorry." Even once they're a couple, they're usually touching each other - consciously or subconsciously.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 AM
New Fan

It's the pilot for me. It always was. During the scene in the prefect's office, where we meet Kira for the first time, she's nasty as heck to poor Sisko. When Odo hails her, the tone of her voice changes completely, and Sisko is all but forgotten. Clue #1 that something was up.

Then there's the scene where Bashir, Dax, and Kira are heading off to the newly discovered wormhole, and Odo insists on going. Kira immediately tries to talk him out of it, wrapping her concern over taking him on this risky venture in official-sounding jargon, but it's obvious there's more to it than that. Odo responds by rounding on her, giving up a piece of his backstory, and then insisting that he's going, despite her objections. She doesn't get mad at him, like we expect. Instead, she smiles, and follows him to the runabout.

The writers set the character for these two quite clearly in the pilot, and I liked them both from the start, but the way they react to each other in that scene got me hooked. I knew then there was much more to this relationship, and saw promise of big things to come. Watching the O/K drama play out was definitely a substantial contributor to my long-time devotion to the series. Smart, smart writers on this show.

Last edited by In D Minor; 07-10-2014 at 08:19 AM
Old 07-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Welcome to and to the O/K thread .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-11-2014, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

welcome In D Minor to Fan Forum and the board

Old 07-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by In D Minor (View Post)
It's the pilot for me. It always was. During the scene in the prefect's office, where we meet Kira for the first time, she's nasty as heck to poor Sisko. When Odo hails her, the tone of her voice changes completely, and Sisko is all but forgotten. Clue #1 that something was up.

Then there's the scene where Bashir, Dax, and Kira are heading off to the newly discovered wormhole, and Odo insists on going. Kira immediately tries to talk him out of it, wrapping her concern over taking him on this risky venture in official-sounding jargon, but it's obvious there's more to it than that. Odo responds by rounding on her, giving up a piece of his backstory, and then insisting that he's going, despite her objections. She doesn't get mad at him, like we expect. Instead, she smiles, and follows him to the runabout.

The writers set the character for these two quite clearly in the pilot, and I liked them both from the start, but the way they react to each other in that scene got me hooked. I knew then there was much more to this relationship, and saw promise of big things to come. Watching the O/K drama play out was definitely a substantial contributor to my long-time devotion to the series. Smart, smart writers on this show.
Welcome to Fan Forum!

I like everything you said about the O/K relationship that showed itself right from the beginning. It was obvious they were comrades and very comfortable with each other.

What's interesting is the timeline. Dukat tells Sisko in "Emissary" that the Prefect's office was his (Dukat's) two weeks ago. That means the earliest Kira could have showed up on the station was two weeks before that first episode. I don't think she and Odo would have developed such a close bond in only two weeks. That makes me believe they were in some sort of contact for those two years after she and Odo met in "Necessary Evil." She didn't recruit him into the Resistance, but I'm betting he helped her and her Resistance colleagues during those two years. That would have been the foundation for establishing trust and friendship. So when Kira is assigned to DS9 (and her selection might have been because of her connection to Odo), they already had a history together.

Just a theory, but it makes sense to me.

Who needs dinner . . .

My Odo/Kira website: http://www.freewebs.com/laurelgirl120/
Old 07-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Odo and Kira always shared such a deep connection that it was obvious that when things were broken between them (betrayal, etc) the devastation they both felt was almost physical. When the FC relays the news of Kira's capture and impending execution to Odo, he reels backward, shaken to the core. When Odo calls Kira a Solid in "Behind the Lines" she's hurt first and brings up their friendship, daring him to say that it means nothing. When he says as much, that's when she knows the Odo who was her friend is gone. The moment Odo goes to apologize to her, he's desperate to recreate the connection and actually physically touches her to get her to stop walking away from him, only she shrugs his hand off ... showing him before verbally telling him that the connection has been severed. Odo's left practically trembling after Kira tells him they're "way past sorry." Even once they're a couple, they're usually touching each other - consciously or subconsciously.
- Yes! And in Crossfire too! I once read a review on that episode in which they remarked that; Kira looks more hurt when Odo tries to break off their friendship than when she announces that she and Shakaar broke up in CoT. Something that I completely agree with. Also all of those instances neither of them can stay away permanently. In Par'mach Odo and Kira are back to their Tuesday meetings, Odo rescues Kira in Angels and the infamous closet scene in Invited.

Quote:
- So you hooked onto them even before their first scene together! That is something that I loved about this couple. Was that both of them were pretty gruff people you didn't want to mess. But that they were able to be vulnerable with the other.

Quote:
- Welcome In D Minor! Seems like the writers had plans for them to be close friends from the start and I love how that evolved through the series, through the actor's natural chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelgirl120 (View Post)
What's interesting is the timeline. Dukat tells Sisko in "Emissary" that the Prefect's office was his (Dukat's) two weeks ago. That means the earliest Kira could have showed up on the station was two weeks before that first episode. I don't think she and Odo would have developed such a close bond in only two weeks. That makes me believe they were in some sort of contact for those two years after she and Odo met in "Necessary Evil." She didn't recruit him into the Resistance, but I'm betting he helped her and her Resistance colleagues during those two years. That would have been the foundation for establishing trust and friendship. So when Kira is assigned to DS9 (and her selection might have been because of her connection to Odo), they already had a history together.

Just a theory, but it makes sense to me.
- That is an interesting theory that you have. One that some of the writers of the books thought of as well. Check out the Terok Nor Trilogy if you haven't read it. I get that theory, he comforts her in Past Prologue and then she defends him with complete certainty in A Man Alone.

I wonder how things would have played out if it was Kira in the beginning with unrequited love. Went to dinner with the family the other night and heard Fever in the bathroom. And I had to stay to listen to the rest of it.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Love that song .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milquetoast_onacid (View Post)
Seems like the writers had plans for them to be close friends from the start and I love how that evolved through the series, through the actor's natural chemistry.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

At the beginning of the show, the writers needed to establish the main characters. Kira needed an ally - a foil, as it were - to bounce ideas off of as a way of defining her character. One of those early defining characteristics was her hostility toward Star Fleet, so of the main characters only Odo and Quark qualified as non Star Fleet, so naturally it would be Odo. This partnership also helped the writers establish Odo. In no way did the writers pair Odo and Kira up as a possible romance. However, the chemistry between Rene and Nana fairly leaped off the screen and eventually the writers saw the story potential for a romance - or better still, an unrequited love.

Substitute two different actors playing the same roles and reading the same lines and the results would be far different from what we got.

As it turned out, we fans were blessed with a relationship that felt organic and natural - like what you'd see in real life. These two people grew close as friends, suffered and survived through terrible ordeals and ultimately became a couple who continued to grow as their relationship deepened.

Who needs dinner . . .

My Odo/Kira website: http://www.freewebs.com/laurelgirl120/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread