Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm thinking Kira would look at Halloween with the same disdain as she has for holosuites.

Now, after she and Odo become a couple, she might be more receptive to the idea.

Maybe she and Odo attend a Halloween party dressed as the famous 1930's movie detective couple, Nick and Nora Charles.

Who needs dinner . . .

My Odo/Kira website: http://www.freewebs.com/laurelgirl120/
Old 11-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Supreme Fan

I can see that. Actually, I see Odo being open to the idea of pretty much anything so long as Kira's into it too. He let down his guard a great deal when they became a couple (hinted at during their nuzzle scene in "The Reckoning"). It was clear they spent a great deal of time in the holosuites after getting together, while they both expressed their own disdain for them beforehand. Loving Kira and knowing she loves him back enables him to drop his guard and be playful, even teasing (love his playful shoulder nudges when he addresses her as "Colonel" - "Image in the Sand").

What I loved about them is that their friendship never ended. Some TV romances kill the friendship and then there's nothing left if the relationship fails. Yet they had everything - the best of both worlds. Both Odo and Kira had their own fears about what might happen if they took that step forward (hence the talk in "A Call to Arms" where they're both clearly uncomfortable until Odo says that yes, he'd been thinking about asking her out to dinner ... but for now he won't with what's going on), yet found that when they did (finally) take that step, it was well worth it.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Donna..
Old 11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I can see that. Actually, I see Odo being open to the idea of pretty much anything so long as Kira's into it too. He let down his guard a great deal when they became a couple (hinted at during their nuzzle scene in "The Reckoning"). It was clear they spent a great deal of time in the holosuites after getting together, while they both expressed their own disdain for them beforehand. Loving Kira and knowing she loves him back enables him to drop his guard and be playful, even teasing (love his playful shoulder nudges when he addresses her as "Colonel" - "Image in the Sand").

What I loved about them is that their friendship never ended. Some TV romances kill the friendship and then there's nothing left if the relationship fails. Yet they had everything - the best of both worlds. Both Odo and Kira had their own fears about what might happen if they took that step forward (hence the talk in "A Call to Arms" where they're both clearly uncomfortable until Odo says that yes, he'd been thinking about asking her out to dinner ... but for now he won't with what's going on), yet found that when they did (finally) take that step, it was well worth it.
I totally agree. They stayed best friends when they became lovers. You're right, the show didn't just make them into lovebirds with nothing else of substance once they took the leap.

I can totally picture them picking right up where they left off if Odo were to pop up again after WYLB.
Freedom (Odo/Kira fanfic series) Our lives are a journey, and the path we take isn't always certain, but by applying what we've learned and experienced, we have the ability to create our own destination regardless of the terrain we face.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Odo and Kira's relationship was one of the most mature and intelligent in all of Star Trek, if not in all of television. Their progression from friends to lovers was completely organic and natural - nothing forced about it - and Donna is right. Becoming lovers only augmented and enriched their friendship.

And if anyone but Rene and Nana portrayed these characters, we wouldn't have been blessed with such a wonderful relationship. They brought Odo and Kira to life in a way that their love resonates with authenticity.

Who needs dinner . . .

My Odo/Kira website: http://www.freewebs.com/laurelgirl120/
Old 11-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

^ What was so funny to me...

Odo goes to Vic and learns all these "tricks" to woo Kira, but when it finally comes down to it he just grabs her and takes her breath away with that kiss! LOL

I wouldn't change it for the world. It breaks the cliche of that long stare into each others' eyes followed by slowly leaning in and kissing. That came AFTER. *giggle*
Freedom (Odo/Kira fanfic series) Our lives are a journey, and the path we take isn't always certain, but by applying what we've learned and experienced, we have the ability to create our own destination regardless of the terrain we face.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh yeah . Much prefer their first kiss, and the way Odo acknowledges the impact of it on his life when he tells Kira later that it was in that moment that he believed that even if things look bleak (humiliating first date), there's always hope.

I think that Vic got Odo to literally "let loose" - he'd been through the date, humiliation, and finally when all said and done, he needed to fly over the edge instead of retreating. He very nearly DID retreat in "His Way" when he offers to meet Kira in an hour in his office, expecting a long lecture. Yet Kira also let him know that she wanted another night out with him. Thanks to Vic, he got some confidence and just went with it. He certainly didn't plan it, and Vic never said, "Kiss the girl." All Vic did was put the players in the room, sing a song that certainly resonated/fit the moment, and the rest was up to Odo/Kira. The feelings had already been there, as we all know. The song didn't make them fall in love. It made Kira acknowledge, to herself, that she loved him.

What's great about the argument is that they literally just stopped holding themselves back or backing away quietly. Kira basically tells Odo that his jealousy of Shakaar this time around was a waste (though, not necessarily for Odo because it gave him the edge to seek help ) because she and Shakaar and "just friends." Notice, she never said, "Like you and I are just friends." She only spelled out that Shakaar was not a concern. Verbal challenges are thrown, and it's Odo who brings up a possible kiss, as though he's baiting her. She answers, and BAM! Awesome passion !
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

^And their lives were changed forever! It was great! It really was.

When they reunite in the fic I'm working on, Odo is nervous that Kira has moved on and when he finds out she never got married or anything, he's all O_O about it. Then they see each other face to face and they pretty much pick up where they left off! (With Kira complimenting Odo's improved humanoid appearance. He looks like Gaia Odo with some primitive Bajoran nose ridges )
Old 11-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Let's hope for more Odo/Kira special moments in the next DS9 book
Old 11-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have one from my fic I'm working on They're all dolled up in evening wear at a fancy outdoor Bajoran restaurant.

First off, this is the song they end up dancing to: Nightingale: Into The Light - Karunesh - YouTube

Scene under the spoiler tag so it won't hog up a whole page.

Spoiler:
Old 11-09-2013, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Lovely piece
Old 11-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks. I guess I'm a sucker for those fairy tale Cinderella dance scenes. Seeing Odo and Kira have one on DS9 tickled me pink!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

oh, a nice slow dance can be so romantic!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Definitely . I only wish my Downton Abbey ship (Bates/Anna) could dance, but since Bates has a limp, they are given other tender scenes .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

This is one of those late nights where I sit up wondering what was the first food Odo ate after he was forced to be a humanoid.

My mind keeps coming up with ice cream. Chocolate ice cream handed to him by Bashir, who states, "It's a human comfort food."

(And then Odo ends up with an ice cream headache. Ouch!)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread