Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
He gets major kudos -- he sent my young son an autographed Odo picture and personalized it with a 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY" message, signing it as Odo ... and in parentheses put in "aka Rene Auberjonois." It made my little guy very happy since he likes Odo. Rene even mailed it himself, writing my son's name on the envelope in his own handwriting! He's such a great man, really good with kids .
aww ... that's very sweet. It's wonderful that you had such a good experience. And thanks for sharing the details with us.

Quote:
I'm pleased to say that thus far each Trek actor I've had the privelage of meeting in person has been great!
Glad to hear that. Sure, they're entitled to their private lives, but as celebrities they choose to be in the public eye. When they agree to participate at a fan event, it's only professional for them to be courteous and caring towards their fans. After all, a dedicated fanbase can only help their career.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:26 PM
New Fan

well,I love it very much,the actors are all great.
...expecting more surprise.....
Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

Star Trek[/URL] was a chance to escape the problems of this planet and travel to other worlds and met different species. It gave hope that one day we would over come our differences and live together in peace, a world without hunger. Looking at us today it seems all we do is work, to earn enough money to make it though life. We don’t really create anything really remarkable. Gene Roddenberry’s vision was incredible.

Last edited by Chris; 04-15-2009 at 11:05 AM Reason: removed advertising links
Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by popollyer (View Post)
well,I love it very much,the actors are all great.
...expecting more surprise.....

Welcome to . Did you have a favourite series?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Chris Pine is on the cover of the May issue of Men's Health magazine.

Chris Pine: Ready To Be the Best Captain Kirk - Movie News, Chris Pine : People.com

Quote:
He may play one of TV's iconic characters in the upcoming Star Trek movie, but Chris Pine believes he can add something new to the character of Captain James T. Kirk.

"No matter what your job, there are always ways to do something better than your predecessor," he tells the May issue of Men's Health magazine. "That's why you were hired."
Old 05-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Robert Pattinson and Twilight vs. Chris Pine and Star Trek

Quote:
Twilight took Robert Pattinson form 'who?' to superstar in the blink of an eye. Rob Pattinson was very good as a vampire with a heart of gold in the film and now has been named as the number one young hunk in Hollywood. Will he now have to give way to his crown for the summer to Chris Pine of Star Trek. With the release of what looks to be a stellar film, it will be interesting to see where Pine lands on the list of hunky young Hollywood.

Star magazine offers this for Pine, "Revenge Of The Nerd! It’s been a long Trek from geeky student to Hollywood hunk. But Chris Pine is in command now!" With his piercing blue eyes and chiseled jaw, Chris turns heads everywhere, can he compete with Rob?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

The Press Association: Simon Pegg welcomes baby daughter

Quote:
Simon Pegg's wife has given birth to a baby daughter.

The Star Trek and Shaun Of The Dead star and his wife Maureen McCann welcomed the new arrival in Los Angeles, Simon's representative confirmed to Usmagazine.com.

The British star, who is based in LA, has previously said he was pleased his baby would have dual nationality.

"It struck me that, technically, he or she could eventually become President of the United States. The potential is there!" he said.

Simon is already godfather to Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay's Chris Martin's daughter Apple.

He and his wife have been married since 2005.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all the news.

John Billingsley (Phlox) is still recurring on True Blood.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I notice a couple of guys have new series this fall ...

John Cho in Flash Forward and Scott Bakula in Men of a Certain Age
Old 07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

LeVar Burton in five-car crash in L.A. | Celebrities | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

Quote:
LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles police say actor LeVar Burton was involved in a five-car accident but wasn’t seriously injured.

Detective Judy Acosta says Burton’s 2006 Mercedes was on Beverly Boulevard in West Los Angeles at about 7:40 p.m. Monday when a 74-year-old woman in a 2006 Scion turned left in front of him.

Acosta says the cars collided. Burton’s vehicle then hit a parked car, leading to a chain reaction that damaged two other parked cars.
Good to know that there weren't any serious injuries.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Total Fan

Just saw Rene Auberjonois in Saving Grace (bought the first 2 seasons on DVD). Powerful performance!

Anybody else here watch Saving Grace? I'm a big fan of the Earl/Grace relationship -- Holly & Leon are terrific together .

I think I've known how I've felt since the first time I met you...saw you. I know I'm hard to talk to sometimes. I DO hate Portwenn...but it's where I want to be because you're here. Because of you. Cause if I'm with you, nothing else matters. What I'm trying to say is...I love you. (MARTIN to LOUISA - Doc Martin)
Old 07-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Sorry, I've never watched it.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Karl Urban, Star Trek's Dr. McCoy, to play vampire villain in Priest

Quote:
Karl Urban, Star Trek's Dr. McCoy, has been cast as the villain Black Hat in Priest, a horror thriller based on the TokyoPop manhwa comic series of the same name. Priest, a Screen Gems production also starring Paul Bettany, Cam Gigandet and Maggie Q, is slated for release this time next year. The film is now in production in Los Angeles, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Urban's turn as "Bones" McCoy in Star Trek this year, while one of many bright spots in the reboot, served mainly to establish his Dr. McCoy-ness. He hit all the right notes, but the sequels will need to give him more to do. Like his predecessor in the role, DeForrest Kelley, Urban has played western-cowboy types (in TV's Lonesome Dove, for example), and perhaps because of Kelley's legacy it may be all too easy for McCoy to be relegated to dispenser of homespun common sense and occasional "He's dead, Jim" intensity. McCoy is a challenge for a writer; some non-canonical novels have given him a love interest, or at any rate a sex interest--with at least two more Star Trek movies coming, he's bound to lock lips with someone. Or even take his shirt off. Will we find out why someone so desirable is a divorcé? Is he hard to get along with, or is he taken in by the wrong type? It's likely that Urban's Dr. McCoy will get to make the most of his alternate timeline, and we'll see sides of the good doctor we haven't seen before.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Star Trek's Kirk should be honourary captain in navy: Facebook group

Quote:
He was captain of the Enterprise, but is James T. Kirk fit to be a captain in the Canadian navy? A recently formed Facebook group is campaigning for William Shatner -- the Canadian actor who played the iconic captain on Star Trek-- to become an honourary captain in the Canadian navy. To be eligible, a candidate must be a former officer or a distinguished Canadian citizen. The Canadian navy says honourary captains are quite visible and attend -- in uniform -- many prominent naval, Canadian Armed Forces and public events and ceremonies. Current members include former prime minister Brian Mulroney's chief-of-staff Hugh Segal and Jim Balsillie, co-CEO of BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

TrekToday Blog Archive Bakula On Star Trek Fandom

Quote:
Scott Bakula (Captain Archer) is a science fiction fan who finds it difficult to say “No” to science fiction roles.

“I look back now, it’s like, ‘How did I end up in all these science fiction things?,’” Bakula explained during an interview at the Toronto Film Festival. “And then I look back at the stuff that I loved when I was a kid, and the TV shows that I liked, and the books that I liked and Ray Bradbury, and all the things that I loved reading.”

“And then I say, ‘Well, you know, it’s kind of…’ when I open up a script that says, ‘The guy, he wakes up and he’s in a bed, and nobody knows, he looks in a mirror and he’s somebody else, and they can’t figure it out, and this hologram appears,’ I’m just sucked right in. I’m not going, ‘This is stupid.’ I love it. So, it’s, I’m drawn to it. It’s hard for me to say no to science fiction stuff.”

Bakula has to decline science fiction roles sometimes, as difficult as it is for him. “I just can’t keep doing [science fiction] over and over and over again,” he said.

Part of working on a science fiction show or movie is dealing with science fiction fandom. “Well you know,” said Bakula, “science fiction fans. If they love you, they’ve, you’ve got them…If you’re in, you know, then you’re in forever. And they’re demanding fans. They expect that you be honest in your science fiction, and correct in your science fiction. And they expect you to be available, and a part of the world of science fiction. And they claim you. So, there’s kind of a responsibility about that.”

Going into Star Trek: Enterprise, Bakula was prepared for the demands of its fandom. “I knew when I took Enterprise that I was perpetuating that,” he said. “But they’re loyal, and they ask you to be really good. And they really watch. And, you know, for a performer, that’s, you can’t really ask for more than that. They’re not casual. They’re intent. And you better have, you better not screw up your facts, your logic, they’ll ring you up on that one. And so, you know, that’s who you work for. We work for our fans, and for an audience. And so I love them. They’ve been great to me.”