Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

That was such a terrific scene! They both showed their backbone and sense of humour.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

nice play between them

crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love that scene Kirk & Uhura had so much more sexual chemistry & tension and spark between them in the first movie, it's the main reason why I have always shipped Kirk with Uhura! although I do like Spock & Uhura's relationship in the movies, but as I have mentioned before, I still prefer Uhura with Kirk. And it still annoys me sometimes how the writers had misled the viewers in the first movie like that...first giving us so much sexual tension and flirting between Kirk & Uhura and making the viewers think that they were going to hook up, even some of the marketing for the first movie implied that Kirk & Uhura were going to be a couple in the movie...but then later in the movie it was revealed that Uhura has actually been dating Spock this whole time it's obvious the potential Kirk & Uhura hook up was just a red herring in the story deliberately made to throw the audience off the real couple...I don't like being misled like that

I still think Kirk & Uhura would've made a much more interesting couple, because they're just so different to each other...Spock & Uhura have a nice relationship, but their lovestory is quite boring because there's no passion in their relationship. I think if Kirk & Uhura had become a couple in the movies, there would've been a lot more passion in Kirk & Uhura's relationship, and I think that would've made their relationship a lot more interesting to watch compared to Spock & Uhura. I really think it was a missed opportunity on the writers part to not explore Kirk & Uhura's relationship more romantically.
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

They had good scenes in the 1st film and I must admit I thought possibly they would get together before the Spock/Uhura scenes.

I wish we had more scenes with them in the next couple of films though, a nice quiet one on one friendship scene wouldn't go amiss..

Old 12-31-2017, 08:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

yeah it just seems like after the first movie, Kirk & Uhura barely had any scenes alone together anymore...I think in both Into Darkness and Beyond, they only really had 1 scene alone together in both sequels, it's so disappointing It's like the writers were purposely trying to prevent the viewers from shipping Kirk & Uhura together...they gave us so much great Kirk & Uhura moments in the first movie that fans were starting to ship them together but once the writers realised what they had done, they probably feared that Kirk & Uhura would overshadow the actual couple Spock & Uhura, so they drastically reduced the amount of scenes and interactions between Kirk & Uhura in the sequels in the hopes that it would stop people from shipping Kirk & Uhura and draw more people towards Spock & Uhura instead. I'm just guessing, but that's the impression I get from the writers attitude & treatment towards the Kirk & Uhura relationship in the movies.

But even if the writers and producers had succeeded in drawing more fans towards the Spock & Uhura pairing, there are still some of us fans out there who have been shipping Kirk & Uhura together since the first movie (like me) and we will not be swayed!
Old 12-31-2017, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah it does seem the writers do forgot that even though people are in a relationship they still can have friends

Old 12-31-2017, 02:26 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

The initial teasers certainly indicated that there was going to be something between Kirk & Uhura.

It would be nice to see more of their friendship. They did have a few scenes working together t in Beyond.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

The writers obviously wanted to mislead us into thinking Kirk & Uhura were going to hook up, even the marketing for the movie also insinuated that they would be a couple in the movie. I guess all the innuendos about Kirk & Uhura becoming a couple were just to help boost the shock value when it was revealed that Uhura was actually dating Spock...it certainly succeeded and I have to admit it was a clever strategy by the writers and marketing department, but it still doesn't make the deception any less annoying or frustrating for me

While I do like the friendship and loyalty between Kirk and Uhura in the sequels, but there's just not enough interactions and moments between them after the first movie
Old 01-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
TI guess all the innuendos about Kirk & Uhura becoming a couple were just to help boost the shock value when it was revealed that Uhura was actually dating Spock...
Completely agree that it was deliberately misleading.

Kirk has always been portrayed as a bit of a womanizer, so I didn't really expect to see him settled down in an ongoing relationship.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

well Kirk did have a notorious reputation for being womanizer, especially in the first movie he was already "dating" a green alien while trying to flirt with Uhura at the same time, and I think in the movie it was implied that he changed "girlfriends" every week. But over the course of the 3 movies, we got to see Kirk really mature and evolve as a character and in Beyond he was a very different person. He did not flirt with another female character again, not even with Jaylah, he has grown into a much more mature and responsible adult who has started to take his life and responsibilities more seriously in Beyond, and it's like he has changed his past womanizing ways too.

Even though I have always shipped Kirk and Uhura together, but I never actually wanted them to hook up in the first movie, I think that would've been too soon for them and Kirk was still very immature and irresponsible and too much of a playboy back then. Instead I wanted the writers to focus on developing Kirk & Uhura's relationship romantically in a more steady and organic pace throughout the 3 movies. I wanted them to become a couple once Kirk had matured and changed his ways, ideally I would've wanted Uhura to be the one helping him to change and evolve throughout the 3 movies. I think Kirk & Uhura's relationship definitely would've made for a much more interesting storyline than the Spock & Uhura relationship, which to me is boring and not really going anywhere in comparison. I mean, imagine an alternative storyline where Spock & Uhura never dated each other, and Kirk & Uhura were attracted to each other and they help each other to grow and evolve and Kirk changes for the better because of her.
I feel like the Spock and Uhura relationship has become stalled, I mean, neither of them has really grown because of their relationship, they are still the same as they were before, and it's always the same old they have an argument they break up and then get back together again, it's getting old.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

someone posted this really hot pic of Chris & Zoe in Chris's forum so I thought I'll share it here too

Old 04-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good pic

Old 04-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Great pic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
But over the course of the 3 movies, we got to see Kirk really mature and evolve as a character and in Beyond he was a very different person. He did not flirt with another female character again, not even with Jaylah, he has grown into a much more mature and responsible adult who has started to take his life and responsibilities more seriously in Beyond, and it's like he has changed his past womanizing ways too.
Good point. I don't remember Kirk having a lot of scenes with Jaylah, but the fact that he didn't flirt with her does show some growth.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Great pic!

Good point. I don't remember Kirk having a lot of scenes with Jaylah, but the fact that he didn't flirt with her does show some growth.

it is isn't it, that whole photoshoot with Chris and Zoe was so hot to say the least! Zoe never had this sort of photoshoot with Zachary before. I wish so much for Uhura to date Kirk instead, but it seems that would never happen and yes Kirk has matured so much since the first movie, he's not the same now as he was before.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

That pic give the impression that looking at the camera is the last thing either of them want to do.