Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

I actually like her from the first episode. I love Dax and this is just fine with me. I wish we'd gotten to know her better.

I'll have to check out the MV thread Donna.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
New Fan

DS9 is my favourite Star Trek series. I loved the character, the storylines, the tone... I think DS9 had the biggest number of interesting characters out of all Treks. Including great recurring characters like Garak or Dukat. I loved Kira and Odo, as well as Sisko, Quark, O'Brien... Jadzia actually did not impress me at first, but she really grew on me.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

I finally finished the series and was less than thrilled with the finale.

I did enjoy Ezri and Bashir finally getting together though, I liked them. It broke my heart to see Kira and Odo fall apart though. That was so sad.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

TrekWeb.com - Cirroc Lofton Remembers Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Quote:
StarTrek.com. the new official Star Trek website, posted a new interview with Star Trek Deep Space Nine actor Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko) and here are excerpts.

Let's start with DS9. How do you look back at that period in your life?

Lofton: It feels like a dream now. It was an amazing experience. I took so much from that. I loved the time that I spent with those people and my time with Avery (Brooks), and that still resonates to this day. Avery and I still have a strong connection. We've stayed in touch throughout the years and his son and I are really good friends. But I was around really talented people who were the best at what they do. I watched and learned from how they operated, how they did their jobs, whether it was Avery or Kris Krosskove or Marvin Rush or Michael Piller or Ira Behr or Rick Berman. They did a good service to the television business by putting on the kind of show that they did and doing it how they did it.

How often do you check out your old episodes of DS9?

Lofton: I got the DS9 DVDs and I pop them in occasionally and watch some of my favorite episodes. I like to go revisit "Far Beyond the Stars." That one always brings back great memories. I like "The Visitor." That's another of my favorite episodes. It's interesting when I do conventions, because I'm always reminded of things I forgot. The fans know, in some ways, more than I do about certain things that happened.

What do you think Jake Sisko is up to now?

Lofton: He was on a path of discovery at the end of the show and I believe now that he's really found who he is as a person, that he's matured, that he's experienced life and all its ranges of emotion. And I think maybe he's ready now to take on the position of being in charge.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilEarsDevilEyes (View Post)
DS9 is my favourite Star Trek series. I loved the character, the storylines, the tone... I think DS9 had the biggest number of interesting characters out of all Treks. Including great recurring characters like Garak or Dukat. I loved Kira and Odo, as well as Sisko, Quark, O'Brien...
I agree, DS9 is my favourite too.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Necros. Do you have a favourite character?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi!

I can't pick one, there were so many great characters in this show. But my top favourites are Kira, Garak, O'Brien, Captain Sisko, Vic Fontaine, Odo and Martok, my favourite Klingon.

I also think M'Pella was really hot, maybe even hotter than Leeta, but maybe that's just me.

Some of my favourite guest stars who appeared a couple of times were Andy Robinson, Jeffrey Combs, Tony Todd and J.G. Hertzler.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Ni, Necros! I'm Donna and I'm a HUGE O/K fan. Stop on by the Odo/Kira board ... I've uploaded some videos and am currently working on more (my muse abandoned me for a while, mid-project, but has finally returned ).

I was disappointed that Odo left too ... but he returns in the Relaunch series . The Odo/Kira relationship was just amazing, IMO. There's also a Spot for Odo and Kira on fanpop.com.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I have to admit that I was never a big DS9 fan, but those who are, tend to feel that it's the best series in the franchise.

The Odo/Kira thread Wes&FredFan mentioned is here.

I loved Jeffrey Combs as Shran in Enterprise.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

TrekWeb.com - Chase Masterson on Leeta, Deep Space Nine, Conventions and Other Projects

Quote:
What would you like to think Leeta is doing now?

Masterson: Now that Leeta has a position of influence, as the First Lady of the Ferengi Alliance, I’d like to think she’s working to help people who need it. There certainly were a lot of Bajoran war orphans, much like Leeta was. And there were countless Bajorans who were displaced due to the occupation and so many who lost family members. The war left untold wreckage…physical, spiritual, emotional, psychological, financial. Loyalty was a huge part of Leeta’s inner character, and I can’t imagine her leaving her own people behind now that she has the authority and means to help. So I’m thinking that Leeta is using her role as wife of the Grand Nagus to get some good things done, and at the same time be an example to the Ferengi Empire that money isn’t what really counts. I know, lotsa luck on that one, Leeta!

Is Trek something you now consider in the past or have the experiences allowed you to work on your natural acting talent? And if the opportunity arises would you want to test yourself again in the Trek franchise?

Masterson: If playing Leeta did anything that impacts my current career, it’s that I’m attracted to playing characters who are much darker, earthier, deeper than she was allowed to show. I’m not the kind of actress who likes to be typecast or pigeonholed. I liked Leeta in many ways, but if I were offered a new role in Trek, I’d be happiest if it were entirely opposite of who she was.

At the time the show was ending and final filming done, were there rumors around the set that the show could come back? It looks like they were hoping so by ending it the way they did. Also, any chance at this point it could come back?

Masterson: We get this question a lot, and sad to say, there’s definitely no chance that DS9 will come back now. Trek is headed in a whole new direction, and the writers and cast of DS9 have all moved on, too. I think for a while they may have liked to leave the possibility of an MOW a tiny bit open, but I think they always knew that it was too expensive a show to remount, and that the Next Gen storylines and characters were really the more mainstream ones that they would continue to explore.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Our DS9 fans might appreciate this one:

German Newscast Confuses 'Star Trek' Terrorists With Navy SEALs - FoxNews.com

Quote:
The news team intended to show the logo for SEAL Team Six, the special ops team that ultimately killed the notorious chieftan of the Al Qaeda terrorist organization. Instead, it accidentally used a fan-made logo for the Maquis, an anti-Cardassian rebel group that originally appeared in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Old 05-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Supreme Fan

LOL - that's a cool logo . Cool that it ended up on the news .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

TrekWeb.com - Rene Auberjonois Says Enterprise Rip-Off a Deep Space Nine Episode, Says New Star Trek Movie Revitalized the Whole Franchise

Quote:
Prior to doing Deep Space Nine you appeared as Colonel West in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. And after Deep Space Nine, you played Ezral in the Enterprise episode “Oasis.” What do you recall of those experiences?

Auberjonois: Before the pilot of Deep Space Nine was aired, Colm Meaney asked me to step in for him at a convention in Chicago. I said, “Oh no, they won’t even know who I am because the show hasn’t aired yet.” He said, “They’ll know more about it than you do.” I went to do it, my first convention, and I was standing in front of this crowd. They were being nice to me, but most of them only knew me as Clayton Endicott III, so I could tell that most of them weren’t particularly delighted at the idea that Clayton Endicott III was going to be a member of a Star Trek crew. But they were OK with it because I was telling that that it would be different, that I wasn’t going to be Clayton. And then somebody asked me about Colonel West, and I looked blankly at them. I said, “Colonel West?” I couldn’t remember what they were talking about. I thought they were talking about a couple of Wild Wild West TV reunion movies and I thought it was maybe something to do with that. That’s when the audience started to doubt me, that I didn’t know the name of a character I had played in a Star Trek feature. But I survived it. They didn’t lynch me.

And how about your episode of Enterprise?

Auberjonois: I was sitting with Scott Bakula at lunch about two or three days into shooting the episode. He said, “I like this script. I think this is a good one.” I said, “Yeah, we did this one in season three.” And he looked at me and said, “What?” I said, “It was the same sort of story.” That was not really a putdown, but when you’ve done that many years of writing stories, there will be recurring themes. I think that’s one of the reasons why I thought the new feature film really sort of broke the mold. It was time for new minds to come in and new conceptions to happen, and I think it’s absolutely revitalized the whole franchise. I have that sense now when I got to conventions, that even though ours is an old show that was done years ago, the new energy brought to the franchise by the last feature film has rekindled people’s passions for the whole Star Trek world.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Ok, that's an epic but awesome fail...

And I guess Rene is right, the new Star Wars, ehm, I mean Star Trek movie did revitalize the franchise and brought in new fans, I just wish it was a good Trek film...

Last edited by Necros; 07-21-2011 at 07:50 PM
Old 07-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros (View Post)
Ok, that's an epic but awesome fail...
Yeah, I bet the people associated with that incident will be hearing about it for a a long time.

You didn't like the reboot?