Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2020, 06:52 AM
  #31
Extreme Fan
 
Waldfrau's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,129
I just rewatched it again and saw the male housekeeper had some small ridges. I'm really excited to get to know the different Romulans and their stories! Can't wait for the next episode!
Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:08 AM
  #32
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,805
It will be interesting to learn more about the Romulans.

What did everybody think of the opening credits?


hmm … couldn't find the actual theme
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:37 PM
  #33
Warp Speed Mr Sulu

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 333,383
I really liked it...

Quick question, I forgot how did Dahj came to be, was it Data or the Doctor ?
__________________

RB / SR

LaCasa De Papel
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:46 PM
  #34
Extreme Fan
 
Waldfrau's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,129
It's suspected that something from Data was copied to create Dasj and her twin sister.

The opening credits reminded me of Discovery, I would have liked something different, but it's okay.
Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:58 PM
  #35
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,805
I think Data had some sort of premonition about Dahj, and she was created from him, but Data didn't create her himself.

I'm going to have to get used to the opening sequence.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:14 PM
  #36
The True Queen

 
Arrakis's Avatar

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 48,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
It will be interesting to learn more about the Romulans.

hmm … couldn't find the actual theme
It is the flute song that picard learns in his second life that he gets transmitted into his brain by an alien probe. The flute the person used to play who's life picard lives there, is then found within the probe at the end of the episode. The eppy is called The Inner Light.

But the one you shared is fanmade and actually a lot better than the real one which has a rather mediocre theme. I honestly think they should've gotten a more talented composer for such a big project.

__________________
Icon by Me
"Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels,
his was the most....human"

Last edited by Arrakis; 01-25-2020 at 09:22 PM
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:39 AM
  #37
Extreme Fan
 
Waldfrau's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I think Data had some sort of premonition about Dahj, and she was created from him, but Data didn't create her himself.
Or her body was created to look like the person in the picture.
Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:19 AM
  #38
Warp Speed Mr Sulu

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 333,383
Right thanks for the info, hopefully we'll get more info about it
__________________

RB / SR

LaCasa De Papel
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:33 AM
  #39
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
It is the flute song that picard learns in his second life that he gets transmitted into his brain by an alien probe. The flute the person used to play who's life picard lives there, is then found within the probe at the end of the episode. The eppy is called The Inner Light.

But the one you shared is fanmade and actually a lot better than the real one which has a rather mediocre theme. I honestly think they should've gotten a more talented composer for such a big project.
The Inner Light is a terrific episode and one of my all time favourites.

I thought the sequence looked the same, but realized that the music wasn't right. Thought it t fit well though.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:23 AM
  #40
The True Queen

 
Arrakis's Avatar

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 48,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
The Inner Light is a terrific episode and one of my all time favourites.

I thought the sequence looked the same, but realized that the music wasn't right. Thought it t fit well though.
Mucvh better than the actual music. I mean I liek the style of the new intros, but not really the music themes.

__________________
Icon by Me
"Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels,
his was the most....human"
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:14 AM
  #41
warp core breach

 
Meliana's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 67,296
I thought the opening titles were a bit boring. The music was not very exciting either. Although I have to say this not unusual in the Star Trek universe. Some were better than others, but Deep Space 9 was the worst one in my opinion.
__________________
Claire
You just need to hold on to hope.
icon by crash landing
Meliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:27 AM
  #42
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,805
I didn't mind the DS9 intro. It took me a while to get used to the Enterprise intro, but eventually I came to like it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:00 AM
  #43
The True Queen

 
Arrakis's Avatar

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 48,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I thought the opening titles were a bit boring. The music was not very exciting either. Although I have to say this not unusual in the Star Trek universe. Some were better than others, but Deep Space 9 was the worst one in my opinion.
It was actually my favorite together with TNG.
__________________
Icon by Me
"Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels,
his was the most....human"
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:19 AM
  #44
Senior Moderator Manager
Strange New Worlds

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 207,805
The TNG into would be my favourite.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:36 AM
  #45
make it so

 
crash landing's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 639,860
At this point will just wait for 1x02 and do both together cause still haven’t seen the premiere due to a stupid viral infection
__________________
Sarah [icon thread] →
"And all of this has happened before, and will happen again" ღ VOTE Battlestar GalacticaCampaign
AngelAngelus
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST