Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2017, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thought this was a good eppy - one of the best so far for me

Damn that Mudd!, glad he got his comeuppance in the end..

I really enjoyed seeing the relationships between Michael and her fellow crew members in this eppy.

Glad to hear that Michael confirmed Tily as her true friend, they have come quite a way since they first met..

Michael and Stamets was really good too, Statmets has changed a bit , lovely dance in the corridor and the amount of trust they have for each other.

I must admit Michael and Tyler was a surprise, but a good surprise , I hope that Michael does take that chance, they make a nice couple

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 10-31-2017 at 02:10 PM
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
Stamets was awesome in this episode. I'm not sure if I remember whether his change in character has really been explained in any depth. It's fun, but mysterious.
I agree! Stamets is so much more fun and enjoyable now. I really like him a lot more that the spore drive and alien DNA has altered him.

The only thing I worry about with Stamets is if his brain is being slowly degraded like it was for the animal. I hope that it's not and the personality change is because of his mind being opened up and not destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I'm really liking the friendship between Tilly and Michael.
Me too! Their friendship is becoming one of my fav parts of the show. I really hope it continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Tilly cracked me up during the party! LMAO! I loved it! For a time loop episode, this one was pretty good! LOL!
She was cracking me up! The part about her being into band members was hilarious because it reminded me so much of being in high school. Not that older people can't be into band members because they definitely can, but it's usually a phase that younger people go through. And I love the way that she started trying to push Michael towards Ash. I wish we could have gotten more of party girl Tilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)

I must admit Michael and Tyler was a surprise, but a good surprise , I hope that Michael does take that chance, they make a nice couple
It really surprised me too I never saw it coming. But they were so adorable that now I want more. I really hope they continue this relationship. I could see myself shipping them down the road for sure.

I am kind of surprised that Mudd was able to escape so soon after Lorca and Ash left the Klingon ship. It's supposed to be extremely hard to escape the Klingons but so far everyone has been able to do it.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
She was cracking me up! The part about her being into band members was hilarious because it reminded me so much of being in high school. Not that older people can't be into band members because they definitely can, but it's usually a phase that younger people go through. And I love the way that she started trying to push Michael towards Ash. I wish we could have gotten more of party girl Tilly.
I loved the fact she was playing BEER PONG! LMAO! OMG!!! That was just....
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:

It really surprised me too I never saw it coming. But they were so adorable that now I want more. I really hope they continue this relationship. I could see myself shipping them down the road for sure.

Hope so and I could see it too
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:27 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
The only thing I worry about with Stamets is if his brain is being slowly degraded like it was for the animal. I hope that it's not and the personality change is because of his mind being opened up and not destroyed.
Yikes! I hope that doesn't happen.

Quote:
She was cracking me up! The part about her being into band members was hilarious
Yes, that was terrific!

Quote:
They look good together. And interesting dynamic of security chief and convicted mutineer. If it continues next week, I'll definitely start a thread for them.

Quote:
I am kind of surprised that Mudd was able to escape so soon after Lorca and Ash left the Klingon ship. It's supposed to be extremely hard to escape the Klingons but so far everyone has been able to do it.
I wondered if Mudd was released, or at least allowed to escape, in order to hijack the Discovery and give it to the Klingons.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wondered if Mudd was released, or at least allowed to escape, in order to hijack the Discovery and give it to the Klingons.
I thought the same thing.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Stamets didn't hurry Michael along when she was busy enjoying the kiss
Old 11-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

a man who can appreciate a little romance.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Did I miss where they explained how he managed to access the command functions in the ship's computer?
Not that I recall. Past experience with it or maybe just from so many resets and gathering information. I imagine each reset he would learn more and more to be more efficient.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Mudd did mention that he'd gone through like 50 resets. I think....?
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Maybe Mudd learning the codes through trail and error makes sense.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Remembered hearing the show was doing a "time loop" and was worried BUT I'm really liking this version though different events unlike Cause and Effect that were the same exact
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I generally don't like time loops, but this one progressed quickly showing them trying to make changes with each reset. Overall I quite enjoyed it.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I only remembered Cause and Effect where ST may have more but I liked TNG's and I really liked Discovery's too
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:42 PM
New Fan

This copy job of Cause and Effect is actually the first STD episode I really liked.

It's still no match for anything TNG but at least a step in the right direction imho. Mudd is a character I hope to see a lot in the future. The actor has obviously a lot of fun and quite frankly he seems to be the only one, except for Isaacs who seems to put some effort in his role too.
Rapp is good too, but that's about it for me really.

What I wonder after watching the 8th episode as well is, if I should continue watching at all.
So far this has been way disappointing and if you remove the insignias, the title and the ship designs nothing Star Trek-y is left really.

The CGI overload is jarring. Still, it's Star Trek and I'm a loyal fan. But I don't want to get hurt any more so is the show getting any better in the next 7 episodes?
TemporalAgent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread