Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2017, 11:20 PM
Moderator Support Team
Discovery Crew Member

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who
Blindspot

SMG threw me off too Chris. I was thinking the same thing!

I like this ep as well. The more I see the more I excited I get about a serial drama based version of Star Trek.

Captain Lorca is really shady. I really don't know what to think about him but right now I am not trusting him at all. I think he has another agenda. He doesn't seem interested in playing by the Federation's rules. I don't think he is telling the whole truth about what is going on. And why did he keep that crazy alien wolf thing?

I want to know where the crazy alien wolf thing came from. Is that a part of the experiments? Was it on the Glenn as a part of another experiment, but contained and got released when the ship had it's mishap? Or was it created during the mishap?

I don't think Michael really trusts Lorca either but she wants to atone for her deeds and she accepts his proposal. But I kind of wonder if Lorca would have let her leave even if she choose not to accept his proposal. I think he listened to her initial response when asked to say and then manipulated the truth to bend things so that Michael would accept his proposal and he didn't have to take things to next level.

I love Saru. I am giving the roommate a few more eps before I decide on her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)

Not sure how much Michael has learned though when she stole her room mate's DNA to access another part of the lab.
I agree Chris. I think Michael will always be "trouble" in the sense that she is going to do whatever it takes to access and deal with a situation. It's the same type of behavior that landed her in prison for life. What surprised me even more was Lorca's reaction. He knows she did it and he did nothing to try to stop her or reprimand her for her actions. He basically just let her do it. It's like he wanted her to break in to places she doesn't have access too. Maybe he's doing it to make her more curious and want to solve the puzzle. You would think that he would not want someone breaking into places that shouldn't be and that he would try to avoid people who would try to do so. I want to know the real reason that he recruited Michael. I think there is more to it than what he has stated so far.

Quote:
It's sweet that Michael carries a copy of "Alice in Wonderland" that Amanda Grayson gave her, and shared it with Tilly!! Not much info in regards to Spock, but it would seem that he's been born.
I loved that part. Does that mean that Michael and Spock were raised together and grew up together? I think it would be cool if that was the case. Micheal and Spock are so radically different that it's hard to imagine that they were essentially raised by the same parents

I am really intrigued by this show. I am loving the mystery and suspense and how we just keep getting small answers to the puzzle with more questions to follow. Can't wait for the next ep!
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:21 AM
Senior Moderator Manager
Weird is part of the job

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Captain Lorca is really shady.
It certainly seems that way.

Quote:
I want to know where the crazy alien wolf thing came from. Is that a part of the experiments? Was it on the Glenn as a part of another experiment, but contained and got released when the ship had it's mishap? Or was it created during the mishap?
I'm inclined to think that the creature was connected to the experiment.

Quote:
I love Saru. I am giving the roommate a few more eps before I decide on her
Liked the way Saru empathised that he was First Officer. Also, his line about he hoped to do a better job protecting his captain than she did protecting hers.

AS to the roommate, it's going to be a fine line to keep her quirky but likable.

Quote:
What surprised me even more was Lorca's reaction. He knows she did it and he did nothing to try to stop her or reprimand her for her actions. He basically just let her do it. It's like he wanted her to break in to places she doesn't have access too.
To me, he used it as leverage. Letting Michael know he realized that she was still willing to break the rules, even while saying she deserved to be punished for her past rule breaking (mutiny).

Quote:
I loved that part. Does that mean that Michael and Spock were raised together and grew up together? I think it would be cool if that was the case. Micheal and Spock are so radically different that it's hard to imagine that they were essentially raised by the same parents
Guess it will depend on how old Spock was when she joined their family. I dont' think we know how old Michael was when she became Sarek's ward? And how that all came about would be nice to know.

Tour Guide - Fan Forum Board Celebrations and Events.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Best part of the episode!! The Klingon shushing Michael! LOL!

Lorca IS shady!

Stamets is a jerk.... and its gonna be the end of him.
ChakotaysLover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Moderator Support Team
Discovery Crew Member

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who
Blindspot

Quote:
I'm inclined to think that the creature was connected to the experiment.
If that's the case then I wonder if are they opening another dimension when they use these spores or if these spores are actually creating the monster? Either way I think it's dangerous to continue experimenting with them. But you can tell Lorca is fascinated by the monster and has no intention on stopping the experiments so we're going to go further down the rabbit hole.

Quote:
Liked the way Saru empathised that he was First Officer. Also, his line about he hoped to do a better job protecting his captain than she did protecting hers.
Yes that line was very powerful and you can tell it had an effect on Michael to have him say that.

Quote:
AS to the roommate, it's going to be a fine line to keep her quirky but likable.
I am hoping that they tune down the quirkiness just a little

Quote:
To me, he used it as leverage. Letting Michael know he realized that she was still willing to break the rules, even while saying she deserved to be punished for her past rule breaking (mutiny).
That's a good point. I did not think of it from that perspective.

Quote:
Guess it will depend on how old Spock was when she joined their family. I dont' think we know how old Michael was when she became Sarek's ward? And how that all came about would be nice to know
I really hope that they address this later in the series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
That was really funny and quite odd to see. If a Klingon is behaving that way you're in some real trouble.

Quote:
He is very cocky and sure of himself and I think that is what will end him. He thinks he's the smartest person in the room regardless of what the truth is. But I agree that he is not a very nice person. Or at least that is the first impression he gives.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Addicted Fan

I have started watching the show. And by now I think it's pretty good. Just why on earth did they make the klingons look like drazi (not sure if you guys ever saw babylon 5 but if you did you sure will see what I mean)??

Last edited by lg238; 10-04-2017 at 07:50 AM
lg238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:31 AM
Boldly going

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

I thought they looked familiar.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:30 AM
No Tribble At All

Not a bad eppy this one..

- So the Cpt of 'Discovery' took the prisoners and what kind of ship is this..?
- Oh Michael has a room mate who is quite chatty
- I really liked the scenes between Michael and Saru and telling her she was a great officer despite what she had done.
- I did like that Michael mentioned Amanda to her new room mate, but bit confused with the timeline there, must admit.
- the Klingon saying ssshhhh
- There is something dodgy about this ship..
- I do not trust that Captain one bit..

RumplestiltskinBelle

True Love. Eternal Love.

crazy_diamond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:17 AM
Senior Moderator Manager
Weird is part of the job

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Yes! She had to wonder what she was getting into when a Klingon was wary.

Quote:
That was my first impression too. Perhaps the gruff, know it all manner was his way of dealing with the loss of his friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
If that's the case then I wonder if are they opening another dimension when they use these spores or if these spores are actually creating the monster? Either way I think it's dangerous to continue experimenting with them. But you can tell Lorca is fascinated by the monster and has no intention on stopping the experiments so we're going to go further down the rabbit hole.
hmm - I hadn't thought of it that way. Agree that continuing to experiment is flirting with danger.

Quote:
I am hoping that they tune down the quirkiness just a little
Me too.

lg238 - I haven't seen Babylon 5, but completely agree about not liking the new look of the Klingons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
- There is something dodgy about this ship..
- I do not trust that Captain one bit..

Old 10-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
lg238 - I haven't seen Babylon 5, but completely agree about not liking the new look of the Klingons.
Here you go, that's a drazi.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes! She had to wonder what she was getting into when a Klingon was wary.
I know the Klingon got mauled and everything... but him SHUSHING was hilarious! LOL! It's not an action you would associate with a Klingon! hahah!

Quote:
That was my first impression too. Perhaps the gruff, know it all manner was his way of dealing with the loss of his friend?
Stamets was a jerk even before his friend died. His genius brings with a certain amount of arrogance, and with that also there's hostility.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:04 PM
No Tribble At All

agreed about Stamets

RumplestiltskinBelle

True Love. Eternal Love.

crazy_diamond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Senior Moderator Manager
Weird is part of the job

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Here you go, that's a drazi.

[IMG]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/babylon5/images/d/d1/Vizak.png/revision/latest?cb=20100420045318
ah, I see the similarity.

Tari - you have a point that Stamets does seem like the arrogant genius type.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

He seems like the type to be "I'm right, you're wrong, and nothing can change that."
Old 10-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Senior Moderator Manager
Weird is part of the job

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

We'll find out as we see more of him.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Addicted Fan

I wonder why the captain kept that monster in the end as if it was a pet. Also he has a Gorn skeleton in his laboratory. He seems like some Dr. Frankenstein lol. Captain Lorca's horror freak show.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top