Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2020, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, it had all been going on way longer than any of them knew

I think they were pretty serious too, even if they seemed like they were only dating to outsiders, they had already been falling in love & I think that only became more solidified as they were together & overcame all the obstacles in front of them
Yeah, exactly! Once they became public to the town, the town really only thought that they had just started dating and very new into their relationship but in actuality by the time they were public, they were already at the point of falling in love with each other. The seriousness of their relationship was so extremely unknown to a lot of people. Wade and Zoe's time as a couple out in public was just time for their love for each other to strengthen and test their relationship.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 08-23-2020, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was, & they were both so happy when they were together! A lot of their fears about making it official were proved wrong
Old 08-23-2020, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
It was, & they were both so happy when they were together! A lot of their fears about making it official were proved wrong
Yeah they were! And I truly think that when Zoe told Wade that she really liked him and wanted him to become his official boyfriend, even though Zoe didn't ACTUALLY say it, her feelings for him were way more than just "really really liking him." It was love, she just didn't know it yet. I mean, she was having such a difficult time not being around him when they stopped the monogamous thing after their disaster date.

Old 08-23-2020, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

She did, I think she was still adjusting to the idea of how happy she actually was with him, she wasn't ready to admit it was love to herself quite yet
Old 08-24-2020, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
She did, I think she was still adjusting to the idea of how happy she actually was with him, she wasn't ready to admit it was love to herself quite yet
Yeah, I think it truly shocked Zoe that she liked Wade so much because she always had it in her mind that a relationship with a guy like Wade wouldn't work because they were completely different people. That is why I love that in season 4 when Zoe and Wade went on their date they toasted to "being opposites." It really paralleled the very first date that they went on where Zoe thought that being opposites was a bad thing. Proved that Zoe was finally embracing the fact that they were complete opposites and that was okay.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That is a good catch! Being opposites had caused problems for them - although a lot of that was just in Zoe's head - but it had been really good for them too
Old 08-24-2020, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
That is a good catch! Being opposites had caused problems for them - although a lot of that was just in Zoe's head - but it had been really good for them too
Yeah, I just really loved that! Despite it all being pretty much in Zoe's head, She mentioned it SOOO many times that if you are opposite people, a relationship doesn't work. Zoe said it in 1x22 when they kissed in the barn, when they went on their first date, and even when they broke up in 2x16. So when they were toasting to being opposites was a huge step for them. They were finally accepting that it wasn't the fact that they were different that made the relationship not work the first time, it was that they just had to grow a bit.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it was a huge mental block for Zoe, so glad she finally learned though! & their problem was that they both just needed to grow, not that they were different. They had both had chances to be with people who they thought that they were more suited to, but that just never worked out, because the feelings weren't there
Old 08-24-2020, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Yeah, it was a huge mental block for Zoe, so glad she finally learned though! & their problem was that they both just needed to grow, not that they were different. They had both had chances to be with people who they thought that they were more suited to, but that just never worked out, because the feelings weren't there
Just like Zoe said after she told Wade that she loved him, they weren't ready for a real relationship when they were together the first time. Both Wade and Zoe were never in "real" relationships before each other. So despite the feelings not being there with the other people they were with, it allowed them to grow so when Zoe and Wade had the second chance with each other, they were ready this time. The feelings for each other just came rushing back once they were single again and they just had to do things right the second time around.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It did, I mean I think that them just having that time apart & being single would have worked too - lord knows I would have preferred that
Old 08-24-2020, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
It did, I mean I think that them just having that time apart & being single would have worked too - lord knows I would have preferred that
Yeah, I would have preferred that over them being in other relationships. And I definitely think being single for a while Zoe could have probably sorted out her feelings for Wade a lot sooner too. And then for Wade, I think it would have still been hard for him to deal with his love for Zoe, but it definitely wouldn't have been AS difficult for him because he wouldn't unavailable to him.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, Zoe could have done with being single for longer... I'll never stop thinking that Joel should have gone waaaay sooner.

I don't think Wade really grew from being with Vivian, but them being together made Zoe see that Wade was capable of being a mature, stable boyfriend, so I think that played a part in her not being able to deny her feelings.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Yeah, Zoe could have done with being single for longer... I'll never stop thinking that Joel should have gone waaaay sooner.

I don't think Wade really grew from being with Vivian, but them being together made Zoe see that Wade was capable of being a mature, stable boyfriend, so I think that played a part in her not being able to deny her feelings.
Yeah. I ALWAYS think about how Zoe and Joel could have been over way sooner. But it just didn't work that way. But I agree, Zoe needed to see that Wade could be a stable boyfriend and that he could be with someone exclusively. We saw how quickly Zoe saw Wade in a different light the second Wade told Zoe that he was going on a date. It wasn't like Wade to ever go on dates so Zoe quickly saw that he matured.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

She did, & that drove her crazy! Even though she helped fix things after screwing them up in the first place, she was always pretty uncomfortable with the relationship
Old 08-25-2020, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
She did, & that drove her crazy! Even though she helped fix things after screwing them up in the first place, she was always pretty uncomfortable with the relationship
Yeah, she was. I think both Zoe and Wade were uncomfortable seeing the other in a different relationship. And it was definitely because they both wanted each other, but too stubborn to admit. IMO Zoe's jealousy was way more out of control than Wade's.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread