Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2020, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I was kinda frustrated with myself for shipping Zoe & Wade in the beginning, because I thought I had fallen for the ship that was gonna get screwed over again

But I couldn't help it, they just had everything I love in a ship

So, in my season 3 rewatch I noticed something that I don't think I have before! In 3x05 when Zoe is trying to get the town to like Joel, she buys him a cowboy hat - the best pic of which I can find here: http://kissthemgoodbye.net/dixie/alb...hod305_119.jpg

Which I think is the same as the hat Wade wore in 1x02: https://tv.homeofthenutty.com/albums...D102-00897.jpg

It's not super obvious in the caps I could find, but from watching both scenes, I'm sure they're exactly the same
Old 08-20-2020, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I was kinda frustrated with myself for shipping Zoe & Wade in the beginning, because I thought I had fallen for the ship that was gonna get screwed over again

But I couldn't help it, they just had everything I love in a ship
Oh yeah, I completely agree with you there. in the beginning I thought I was starting to like a ship that would never come of anything and in the long term that is always such a disappointment because then you never get a chance to see them in a relationship. And I thought that was the situation I was putting myself in by shipping Wade and Zoe. But I am glad I was wrong.

Quote:
So, in my season 3 rewatch I noticed something that I don't think I have before! In 3x05 when Zoe is trying to get the town to like Joel, she buys him a cowboy hat - the best pic of which I can find here: http://kissthemgoodbye.net/dixie/alb...hod305_119.jpg

Which I think is the same as the hat Wade wore in 1x02: https://tv.homeofthenutty.com/albums...D102-00897.jpg

It's not super obvious in the caps I could find, but from watching both scenes, I'm sure they're exactly the same

OMG!! I never noticed that before!! That is so great. Zoe was trying to make him into a Wade without even realizing it. Wade declaring his love to Zoe at the end of season 2 really got to her more than she thought it did and she was really just running away from her feelings. I truly believe that if Zoe's fear didn't get in the way, she would have said I love you back to Wade right then and there.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 08-20-2020, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
For a change things went the right way

Interesting about the hat! Never noticed that before
Quote:
Zoe was trying to make him into a Wade without even realizing it
Looks like it!
Old 08-21-2020, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
For a change things went the right way

Interesting about the hat! Never noticed that before

Looks like it!
Yeah. it was definitely that it worked in our favor with Wade and Zoe being endgame because in the very beginning, there was definitely a feeling that they would be a pair who wouldn't actually turn into anything serious. Especially how much they were pushing the George/Zoe relationship.

I really have found it interesting with Season 3, just how much little things there are between ZW that I never picked up on initially. Their love was always there in the background even when they were both in other relationships.

Old 08-22-2020, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I was always worried about that, up until that last moment of 3x01, then I knew it was going to be Zoe & Wade in the end

& I was way too excited when I noticed the hat thing

& in the context of the episode, I feel like it's really important because Joel is insecure about George & thinks he needs to try & be more like him... when Wade is the one that he should be worring about
Old 08-22-2020, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
I was always worried about that, up until that last moment of 3x01, then I knew it was going to be Zoe & Wade in the end

& I was way too excited when I noticed the hat thing

& in the context of the episode, I feel like it's really important because Joel is insecure about George & thinks he needs to try & be more like him... when Wade is the one that he should be worring about
Yeah, I definitely agree that that ending moment in 3x01 was proof that Wade and Zoe were meant to be. That look was everything!

And yeah about Joel, I always found it so funny that he was so threatened by George thinking that George and Zoe had something that he should worry about, but it was really Wade he should have worried about but Wade was able to get by without it. When Dash was telling the story about George and Zoe, Wade was loving the fact that they were overlooking him all together. You could see it on his face.

Old 08-22-2020, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I think he was having a bit of a laugh about it! I think he knew that Zoe & George were never gonna happen at that point
Old 08-22-2020, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Yeah, I think he was having a bit of a laugh about it! I think he knew that Zoe & George were never gonna happen at that point
Yeah, Wade definitely was getting some entertainment by it. But it was such an amazing change to see in Wade seeing him not even be bothered by any time that George and Zoe spent together and he wasn't going to get jealous or anything. Wade knew that Zoe was in love with him even if she didn't actually say it yet. So for him, nothing else mattered except knowing that he was the guy Zoe actually truly loved.

Old 08-22-2020, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I feel like it's really important because Joel is insecure about George & thinks he needs to try & be more like him... when Wade is the one that he should be worring about
So true!
Agreed with everything else that has been said as well!
Old 08-23-2020, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

It definitely worked in Wade's favor though that they all were overlooking the fact that Wade and Zoe still had a thing because they were just so focused on George. And also, I don't think anyone besides Lemon knew that Wade declared his love to Zoe right before she left for New York so I think a lot of the town still thought that Zoe and Wade were never going to get back together because of how their relationship ended.

Old 08-23-2020, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, Lemon said she was the only one who knew, so I guess even Lavon didn't know, which is interesting...
Old 08-23-2020, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Yeah, Lemon said she was the only one who knew, so I guess even Lavon didn't know, which is interesting...
Yeah I am thinking that because Zoe just fled to New York, he never told anyone. And the only reason Lemon knew was because she was there with him. It is really interesting though because it would make so much sense to why everyone was so unaware of everything going on between them. They just still saw Wade and Zoe as the couple who had a messy breakup. I have always wondered if Zoe ever told Lavon what Wade told her after she came back, or did he actually find out with the rest of the town when she declared her love to Wade.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think she might have told Lavon a bit sooner than that, because he was aware before then that Zoe didn't want Wade to go - but that would have made sense to him anyway, even if he didn't know

The town really had no idea how serious things had been with Zoe & Wade
Old 08-23-2020, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
I think she might have told Lavon a bit sooner than that, because he was aware before then that Zoe didn't want Wade to go - but that would have made sense to him anyway, even if he didn't know

The town really had no idea how serious things had been with Zoe & Wade
Yeah, I think Lavon would have figured it out sooner or later even if Zoe didn't tell him that Wade told Zoe that he loved her. I mean, when she came back to Bluebell, the second she told Lavon that she was uncomfortable seeing Wade and Lemon together, he had a feeling something more was going on.

I think the rest of the town was pretty much in the dark about Wade and Zoe, for sure! Except for the closest friends who knew what was going on with them prior to publicly becoming a couple, the town only saw ZW together for a couple months. And it was much more serious than that. Zoe and Wade had a thing for each other for awhile before having a monogamous casual relationship and then they were pretty serious (IMO) before opening up to the town about their relationship.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it had all been going on way longer than any of them knew

I think they were pretty serious too, even if they seemed like they were only dating to outsiders, they had already been falling in love & I think that only became more solidified as they were together & overcame all the obstacles in front of them