Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, although we still had the spectre of George hanging over ZW for a while. It wasn't until the s2 finale that I was sure ZW were gonna be it
Old 01-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

then season 3 we had to deal with Joel
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 01-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I know. The good thing about Joel at least was that we knew Zoe was never going to end up with him. Still, the execution of that whole arc was beyond terrible.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

i know right and when wade told her how he felt about her she brought back a boyfriend
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
Old 01-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I wouldn't have minded it so much if it was actually executed it well & showed Zoe's pov, but they didn't. They had Lemon say all that stuff in 3x22, but we didn't really see it. & they should have toned it down with all the ily's & moving in together. Or at least had them break up because Zoe realized he wasn't actually the one for her. I remember around 3x16 saying that they'd gone too far with ZJ & couldn't pull a denial card, they'd have to show Zoe falling in love with Wade all over again. Which I still stand by, I hated the denial excuse in the finale, but I guess we just have to forget about it
Old 01-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i guess so
Old 01-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I wouldn't have minded it so much if it was actually executed it well & showed Zoe's pov, but they didn't. They had Lemon say all that stuff in 3x22, but we didn't really see it. & they should have toned it down with all the ily's & moving in together. Or at least had them break up because Zoe realized he wasn't actually the one for her. I remember around 3x16 saying that they'd gone too far with ZJ & couldn't pull a denial card, they'd have to show Zoe falling in love with Wade all over again. Which I still stand by, I hated the denial excuse in the finale, but I guess we just have to forget about it
All the ily's and moving in together with ZJ is why I disliked that relationship more than WV.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i didn't really minded WV
Old 01-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

I didn't like WV either because of her being Zoe's cousin but at least Wade never said ily to Viv.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah thats true
Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I didn't like WV, but that wasn't because it was WV...it felt forced, & I didn't like how they got lots of making out scenes because when ZW were together we didn't get any. & the almost rain kiss That was our thing! A lot of their relationship felt gratuitous, which doesn't make sense because they didn't even have any shippers! Same with, Zoe/Joel, how many of their conversations were just them saying that they love each other? I hate ZJ more though.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

I hate ZJ more too. Even though each couple was just a roadblock to stand between ZW for that terrible season.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They were, but I do honestly feel like they tained the ZW story a little bit - not because they had other relationships, but because the execution of those relationships were terrible. It was just shoved in our faces how happy Zoe was with Joel only for Lemon to say in the finale 'you were doing everything in your power do deny your true feelings', if that was their intention then why didn't they freaking show it?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Yea it did kind of taint ZW. The s3 finale would have made more sense if a lot of that season hadn't happened because there was basically no real build-up to her declaring her love it was just like 'oh no i'm gonna lose him being in my vicinity all the time I must say something before he's gone'.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It did, because it just wasn't convincing at all. The idea that Zoe had been in love with Wade through all of season 3...it's just like, where? Where were the scenes that showed that then? We got all about her buying a house with Joel, Joel Joel Joel, writing a musical, dealing with tweens, getting to know her family, where was the Wade part?

I think the writers just wanted us to lose hope so that it would be a 'surprise' which is just stupid because everyone knew that Joel was disposable & that ZW would come back, it was just a matter of when/how. So, they screwed over their own storyline to try & make it be a twist, which didn't surprise anyone anyway.