Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 04:00 AM
Master Fan

Who is your very fav couple????????

I thought this might be a fun idea for a thread. Who is your OTP=One True Pairing. If there is one couple on the planet from TV, movies, or literature that you love above all others, who is it????? And why is it that they have captured your heart???????

Without a doubt mine is...........

Christopher and Lorelai (Gilmore Girls)

They understand each other to their core. They have a palpable attraction. They are so warm to each. They both have had fear of commitment over the years and a lack of maturity to commit. But that never diminished their connection. Chris and Lor respect each others opinions, and cherish what the other thinks and feels on things. Their banter is sparkling. They engage on the same cerebral level. I love that the finally got married in the final season ep, "French Twist". I just wish the manipulated and contrived break-up had never happened. C/L for the first 7 eps of season 7 and all their moments in the seasons before, showed that they are made for each other. I don't think there will ever be a better suited couple on TV or in any fiction.

So who do you love:
Old 06-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

HARRY & HERMIONE !

Trust. friendship. understanding.

Those are the three main things that i like about a ship.

Jake and Bella have it as well.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I usually ship at least one couple for every fandom I'm in. But only occasionally does a ship make it to OTP status. I have about three OTP's, and amongst those one stands out above the rest, my ultimate OTP I suppose you could say.

House/Cuddy (House M.D)

Yes I'm aware they're not a couple yet, but it still counts. I was ambivalent to shipping in general on this show for the longest time, but in the third season this ship just grabbed me out of nowhere and hasn't let go since. I knew almost from the second I started shipping them that they were going to become a majpr OTP, and as it turned out they have become the ultimate one. From what we've been told they've known each other since they were young adults in college and have been friends in some capacity ever since. I love that friendship and sense of history. I love how comfortable they are around each other. I love their bantering and clear affection. I love how she's always there for him and how he always goes to her when he's in trouble of any sort. I love how she's one of only two people (the other being his best guy friend) that he'll show his vulnerable, emotional side to. I love that she understands how he operates and recognises his value where no one else can, and this allows him to be the best doctor he can be and save a lot of the lives he does. I love how he displays her feelings for her in a very blatant way and how she is amused by it and plays the game with him, making it clear she feels the same but refusing to be the one who gives in. I love how he's the one she trusts with important things in her life (i.e the hormone injections in S2) and how he keeps this information to himself. And lastly I adore their romantic chemistry and sizzling UST that is constantly simmering in the background underneath everything else. For me no other couple will ever be able to touch how amazing they are.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Alex and Izzie: Because they are ALWAYS there for each other, they understand each other more than anyone and they bring the BEST out of each other.

Dan and Serena: they are the cutest couple on GG, I always wanted a love like theirs, they are soo sweet together.

Chuck and Blair: they are not boring, they are intresting to watch, I think everybody loves them.
ilovemcsteamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Absolute Fan

without a doubt

Luke&Lorelai (Gilmore Girls):

They are without a doubt my OTP. They just get each other and their love is unconditional. He loves her for every single quirk she has, and she loves him for his supposed gruffness and indifference. She needs his coffee, and he needs her smile. He keeps her ground, and she gives him a reason to get up in the morning. These two have an incredible chemistry and banter and argue like no other. There is no doubt in my mind that these two were meant to be together. No matter the contrived crap the writers threw at us in seasons 6 and 7. I loved every aspect of their relationship; friends, best friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged. They had one of the most realistic and beautiful progressions from friends to more that i have ever seen. These two are without a doubt my OTP, they were meant to be.
Reshop Heda - Icon
cloudmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

This changes a lot but I have to say

Chuck & Blair (Gossip Girl)
I love those romances that start as friendship. Friends first but then that one night changed everything. I'm a sucker for these love/hate relationship. To see Chuck go from woman to woman but actually see him falling for this one who turned out to be his friend was pure gold. True at the beginning, all Blair wanted to do was forget it ever happened. But it turns out that when she's with him, she's a totally different person, she's actually more happy, so Nate noticed. Everything went downhill for them when she decided to go back to Nate but it didn't last very long, thank God. I have so much more to say about them but I'll stop myself. All I can say is that with season 2 coming up, they'll still prove to be my favorite couple
jhlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread