Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Pictures ...

Kevin fought for Whitney against those prejudice WB executives and naysayers against her! Oh gawd! What a guy.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but the official The Bodyguard movie poster shows his face, but conceals hers. I read an excerpt from a magazine article that said the marketing folks were still unsure about how a interracial romance would be received, so they went with a photo that concealed her face. BUT ON KEVIN's Website, there is a promotional picture of The Bodyguard with him out in front, holding a gun and her in the background, her beautiful face right there next to his. Once again, Kevin stands firm for Whitney.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. What could have been ...
Old 03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kevin's bandmate says his favorite Kevin movie is The Bodyguard

I mentioned this on the previous thread yesterday, on Kevin Coster and Modern West's website one of his bandmates says during a february live chat with fans that his favorite Kevin movie is The Bodyguard, isn't hat sweet?

This drew my attention because when Brad Pitt is asked what his favorite movie is, he says Mr. & Mrs. Smith, because that's where he met his love Angelina. I am sure if Kevin is asked the question he will say The Bodyguard because that's where he met his love Whitney. His bandmate and him probably share a lot of stuff together.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
I think you could be right.
I think he's morally trying to distract himself from it. Wherever he goes, I'm pretty sure people want to talk to him about Whitney and that's probably making het death worse foe him.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
Yep I know and they are a bunch of idiots! I'm so happy he fought for her. That's love.
True love indeed .
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Kevin fought for Whitney against those prejudice WB executives and naysayers against her! Oh gawd! What a guy.
Not only that, but the official The Bodyguard movie poster shows his face, but conceals hers. I read an excerpt from a magazine article that said the marketing folks were still unsure about how a interracial romance would be received, so they went with a photo that concealed her face. BUT ON KEVIN's Website, there is a promotional picture of The Bodyguard with him out in front, holding a gun and her in the background, her beautiful face right there next to his. Once again, Kevin stands firm for Whitney.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. What could have been ...[/QUOTE]

Love, Love, Love plain & simple ♥ and those idiots are crazy and besides the movie wasn't even about race anyway so why be so concerned about it.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
Who else thinks Kevin has Whitney on his mind a lot since the funeral.

That Billboard article from yesterday Kevin Costner Readies Concept Album, Tour With Modern West - The 615 | Billboard.com where he is quoted saying he has his own personal history with Whitney when asked about the 20th Anniversary release of The Bodyguard says a lot in my opinion about his current state of mind.

He is going on tour with his band and guess what? The tour first date in March 28, same day The Bodyguard is in theaters for one night only for the 20th Anniversary.

Who else thinks March 28 as his band's first tour date is not just a coincidence? Kevin does not come across to me as someone who does things without thinking them through and in my opinion he is trying in his way to continue to honor Whitney's memory and chanel his sorrow through his music.

I will closely read the lyrics to any songs je pens after this.

What do you guys think?
I think he's morally trying to distract himself from it. Wherever he goes, I'm pretty sure people want to talk to him about Whitney and that's probably making het death worse foe him.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki242 (View Post)
Yeah it probably is and not only that he probably can't even grieve properly if they keep on bringing her up.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Screen Chemistry

Quote:
I mentioned this on the previous thread yesterday, on Kevin Coster and Modern West's website one of his bandmates says during a february live chat with fans that his favorite Kevin movie is The Bodyguard, isn't hat sweet?

This drew my attention because when Brad Pitt is asked what his favorite movie is, he says Mr. & Mrs. Smith, because that's where he met his love Angelina. I am sure if Kevin is asked the question he will say The Bodyguard because that's where he met his love Whitney. His bandmate and him probably share a lot of stuff together.

What do you guys think?
The "forum" part of my brain thinks he dropped those extensive love scenes from the final cut is because they were a little too passionate and too real and his wife would have whupped his @ss. In the kitchen He said the deleted scenes were passionate and real, from an acting standpoint, but were somehow not right for the movie. But who knows? Maybe they would have given away tooo much about their solid on-screen chemistry, and the press would have been hounding them about it relentlessly. If you think the Soul Train booing and the black DJs were offensive, imagine "People" magazine and Extra! painting Whitney as the exotic temptress that stole Kevin from his wife. Uh-huh.

I've never seen Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but everyone I spoke to who did see it said the connection between Angelina and Bratt was plain and obvious. And look what happened with that.

Same thing with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. Apparently, after a scene during Cleopatra, where they had to gaze into each other's eyes or something (according to a recent Vanity Fair article about their love letters), they gazed long after the director called 'cut,' and the secret was out.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
The "forum" part of my brain thinks he dropped those extensive love scenes from the final cut is because they were a little too passionate and too real and his wife would have whupped his @ss. In the kitchen He said the deleted scenes were passionate and real, from an acting standpoint, but were somehow not right for the movie. But who knows? Maybe they would have given away tooo much about their solid on-screen chemistry, and the press would have been hounding them about it relentlessly. If you think the Soul Train booing and the black DJs were offensive, imagine "People" magazine and Extra! painting Whitney as the exotic temptress that stole Kevin from his wife. Uh-huh.

I've never seen Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but everyone I spoke to who did see it said the connection between Angelina and Bratt was plain and obvious. And look what happened with that.

Same thing with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. Apparently, after a scene during Cleopatra, where they had to gaze into each other's eyes or something (according to a recent Vanity Fair article about their love letters), they gazed long after the director called 'cut,' and the secret was out.

That's a really good point. Perhaps he was also receiving pressure from execs to shorten or drop the love scene all together? But anyways, we've already heard about rumors of an affair during the filming. I think it's likely that your theory is correct. Maybe some of the film crew/editors saw their "passionate and real" love scene and started to gossip? In all the behind the scenes footage of them interacting they are very friendly and plus Whitney has said that they spend a lot of time during the filming going over their scenes together. Damn...their chemistry on and off screen was so good so I can only imagine that the love scene was hot. You're right the media would have definitely painted it that way even if it was a mutual decision to leave their spouses. I would love to see their love scene but I think it's unlikely it'll be released as a deleted scene. Unfortunately, they are being stingy about giving us the other deleted scenes on DVD and blu-ray.

What's that about black DJs being offensive? I've heard gossip that some didn't like her because Clive promoted only or mostly to white radio stations when she first came on the scene and only after she became successful they started promoting her to black stations.

Yes, there's also another story Richard & Elizabeth during Cleopatra. They did a kissing scene and after a while the director yelled 'Cut!' But they didn't stop kissing. The crew knew something was going on between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise19 (View Post)
He not just only waited for Whitney for a year but he also fought for her against those Warner Brothers film executives who were against her at first because simply of her skin color.
They're idiots. If Kevin didn't care about Whitney, he could have easily picked a popular white actress or singer for the role. That would have made them happy.

Quote:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. What could have been ...
Wow, I didn't know that about the movie poster. I have that promotional picture that you're talking about as my laptop background. I wonder if they took more pictures like that to promote the movie.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 PM
New Fan

yay part 2! love the title

wow you guys are speeding through quick with these comments, I have yet to read them all and comment!!

Quote:
Who else thinks Kevin has Whitney on his mind a lot since the funeral.

That Billboard article from yesterday Kevin Costner Readies Concept Album, Tour With Modern West - The 615 | Billboard.com where he is quoted saying he has his own personal history with Whitney when asked about the 20th Anniversary release of The Bodyguard says a lot in my opinion about his current state of mind.

He is going on tour with his band and guess what? The tour first date in March 28, same day The Bodyguard is in theaters for one night only for the 20th Anniversary.

Who else thinks March 28 as his band's first tour date is not just a coincidence? Kevin does not come across to me as someone who does things without thinking them through and in my opinion he is trying in his way to continue to honor Whitney's memory and chanel his sorrow through his music.

I will closely read the lyrics to any songs je pens after this.

What do you guys think?
It's been very interesting lately with what's he's been doing and stating..the March 28th tour date speaks volume to me, he knew that the bodyguard rerelease was that day. I agree with you, he's a smart man who puts a lot of thought into everything he does and we know that what he's doing is for Whitney.

I'm with you, I am intrigued by what he'll be writing in the coming days and months.. He stated that he's been writing everyday with his bandmates, so let's home he shares something new on tour.

There's no doubt in my mind, that Whitney is on his brain.

Quote:
"Kevin said to me, |I know you can do it; I know you can act. I want you,'" she says. "He was very excited when he saw the screen test." Filming is scheduled for fall.>>
Every time I hear those three words, it gives me goosebumps lol. Can you imagine Kevin saying that to her It's like a double meaning to me, he wants her for the role, yes, but he also wants her wants her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven03 (View Post)
I haven't heard that yet. But, I did hear that he was thinking about seeking counseling to get over her death.
If its true, poor dude... all he wants is his Whitney back... thinking about it makes me cry.. man, I can't even get over yet either.

Off topic but i was watching an interview on Lionel Richie on tv and he has released a new Country album (which is so awesome) and he sang "Endless Love" with Shania Twain <3 and that song reminds me of Kev and Whit. *sobs*

Last edited by kevneylove; 03-21-2012 at 11:14 PM
Old 03-21-2012, 11:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynPattie (View Post)
Their love would have been sooooooo real and their family beyond gorgeous.
Quote:
Must have been a pretty f'd up situation to be in IMO. Not to mention there had to be some jealousy. Seeing Kevin with his wife and Whitney with Bobby.

Quote:
I found a Whitney interview during pre-production for The Bodyguard. It has some insightful comments about what she looked for in a man:

<<Whitney says she prefers to date men with a sense of humor "who know the Lord" and "who know who they are" and can just be themselves. "Basically," she says, "if you put Whitney Houston aside, what you'll find is a woman. You put Eddie Murphy aside, you'll find a man. You put Arsenio aside, you'll find a man. All that other stuff is just the |gravy' we have become. But before we were this, we were humans. People. That's the bottom line.">>

All I'm saying is Kevin fits that description. He saw her as a person first. They connected as people. In a relaxed, almost ESP interview, she didn't describe Boooby. It was Kevin. But he was married, and how would she look gushing about his amazing green eyes and brilliant laugh?

<<With her recording career continuing on track, Whitney is now pursuing another interest: acting. Movie offers have come from Spike Lee, Quincy Jones and Robert De Niro, but the timing has not been right. Until now. Kevin Costner, one of Hollywood's most unforgettable hunks, used his clout to insist that Whitney star opposite him in Body Guard, in which she will portray a singer whose life is threatened. "Kevin said to me, |I know you can do it; I know you can act. I want you,'" she says. "He was very excited when he saw the screen test." Filming is scheduled for fall.>>

I'd also like to point out that the timing wasn't right for The Bodyguard, either. Kevin Costner said in a 2009 interview that it looked like the Rachel Marron role would go to somebody else, but that he wanted to wait. Famously, they postponed the movie for a year to wait for Whitney to finish her tour. I'm just saying ...

Link to the full article: Whitney Houston talks about the men in her life - and the rumors, lies and insults that are the high price of fame - interview | Ebony | Find Articles
You are finding some really good stuff. That description fits Kevin perfectly. They connected so well. I think it's great that he was willing to wait for her. She could have turned him down but I'm glad he was able to convince her that she was right for the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevneylove (View Post)

Quote:
"Kevin said to me, |I know you can do it; I know you can act. I want you,'" she says. "He was very excited when he saw the screen test." Filming is scheduled for fall.>>

Every time I hear those three words, it gives me goosebumps lol. Can you imagine Kevin saying that to her It's like a double meaning to me, he wants her for the role, yes, but he also wants her wants her

Haha you know it.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

You know something that's really messed up? Whitney asked Kevin to not put his tongue in her mouth for the sake of her fiancé at the time. She said he really wasn't Happy about her being in the movie for obvious reasons. Yet in the end he did ALOT worse than just kiss someone. He slept around with SEVERAL females. Pretty double standard and hypercritical if you ask me.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Passionate Fan

dp!

Last edited by greenday123; 03-22-2012 at 03:11 AM
Old 03-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
You know something that's really messed up? Whitney asked Kevin to not put his tongue in her mouth for the sake of her fiancé at the time. She said he really wasn't Happy about her being in the movie for obvious reasons. Yet in the end he did ALOT worse than just kiss someone. He slept around with SEVERAL females. Pretty double standard and hypercritical if you ask me.
The guy that Whitney married is so . Sheer hypocrisy for sure. I bet he was very insecure with Kevin's stature and more.

yeah, in "This is My life" documentary Whitney did say that she requested Kevin not to "put his tongue" on her mouth for the sake of his wife (at that time) and her questionable fiance. And of course, Kevin complied.That kiss after that sword flirtation and that kiss in the airplane tarmac---- those kisses were close mouth kisses if you noticed. But that kiss near the swimming pool , you can totally see the outline of Kevin 's mouth opening it wide and deepening the kiss while they laid near the pool . there was definitely tongue there and Whitney seemed not to mind at all.

And those deleted parts of their love scene must have pretty steamy kisses for sure.

Quote:
Kevin said to me, |I know you can do it; I know you can act. I want you,'" she says. "He was very excited when he saw the screen test." Filming is scheduled for fall.>>
Quote:
those three magical words. Kevin mentioned those words again ("I really wanted her") during that 2009 interview when he was rapturously talking about Whitney . He obviously wanted her also more than professionally speaking as well.

Last edited by greenday123; 03-22-2012 at 03:35 AM
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday123 (View Post)
The guy that Whitney married is so . Sheer hypocrisy for sure. I bet he was very insecure with Kevin's stature and more.

yeah, in "This is My life" documentary Whitney did say that she requested Kevin not to "put his tongue" on her mouth for the sake of his wife (at that time) and her questionable fiance. And of course, Kevin complied.That kiss after that sword flirtation and that kiss in the airplane tarmac---- those kisses were close mouth kisses if you noticed. But that kiss near the swimming pool , you can totally see the outline of Kevin 's mouth opening it wide and deepening the kiss while they laid near the pool . there was definitely tongue there and Whitney seemed not to mind at all.

And those deleted parts of their love scene must have pretty steamy kisses for sure.

those three magical words. Kevin mentioned those words again ("I really wanted her") during that 2009 interview when he was rapturously talking about Whitney . He obviously wanted her also more than professionally speaking as well.
Also one time on his show, they were out camping in the forest and Whitney asked him why he never takes her out there. He said that's where he takes his girlfriends in a joking manner. Whitney was ticked off a bit and said something about her having boyfriends. Bobby became upset and sad he'd kick her boyfriend's a**. Now Whitney didn't have any bfs but Bobby... I'm pretty sure Whitney had to use all of her will power to resist the temptation of Kevin. Unfortantely being faithful in that relationship was ones sided. There is no telling how much she had to fight w/ herself to be a good wife and fiancé and walk away from Kevin.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread