Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki242 (View Post)
Thanks. It may have been a pretty f'd up situation to be in in my IMO.
Whoops, my bad wrong person.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Everyone in their presence could feel their love for one another

Hi guys,

In one of the pictures on the first page of the thread where Whitney is in ared dress with Kevin, watch the expressions on the faces of the mn on the left and the lady on the right watching Kevin and Whitney as Kevin is holding her by the waist. The people in the background have an "AWWW" expression on their faces that is just too funny.

I think like someone else said that had these two gotten together no-one would be talking about "Brangelina" because "Kevney" would be the couple attracting that kind of coverage with their megapower chemistry, family and love. Everytime they were in the presence of each other, the vibes that they emited where just overwhelming and those in their surroundings could not help but notice it as do the people in this picture

Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise19 (View Post)
Very insightful post and so true.

Kevin fought for Whitney against those prejudice WB executives and naysayers against her! Oh gawd! What a guy.
What a Man! What a Man!
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynPattie (View Post)
"When will this hollowness in my stomach go away" Mines will never go away where Whitney and Kevin is concern. My heart is broken. But I'm learning to live with it. I read an article that said since Whitney passing and Kevin heartfelt tribute there is new interest in the BodyGuard movie. Do you think Kevin is aware of this? His Band is also said to be quickly gaining new fans. Do you think he is aware that this is linked to his Heart felt tribute to Whitney.
Hmm I'm not sure if he is aware of it or not, that's an interesting thought. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
Hi guys,

In one of the pictures on the first page of the thread where Whitney is in ared dress with Kevin, watch the expressions on the faces of the mn on the left and the lady on the right watching Kevin and Whitney as Kevin is holding her by the waist. The people in the background have an "AWWW" expression on their faces that is just too funny.

I think like someone else said that had these two gotten together no-one would be talking about "Brangelina" because "Kevney" would be the couple attracting that kind of coverage with their megapower chemistry, family and love. Everytime they were in the presence of each other, the vibes that they emited where just overwhelming and those in their surroundings could not help but notice it as do the people in this picture

I think you're right about Kevney being the IT couple if they were together I'd definitely believe that.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hi guys,

Their love would have been sooooooo real and their family beyond gorgeous.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
I'd have to agree it had to be very horrible and torturous for them both, but they managed I don't know how. Btw, welcome the thread!

Yes I'll added you right now.
Must have been a pretty f'd up situation to be in IMO. Not to mention there had to be some jealousy. Seeing Kevin with his wife and Whitney with Bobby.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Their love would have been sooooooo real and their family beyond gorgeous.
I agree with you definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki242 (View Post)
Must have been a pretty f'd up situation to be in IMO. Not to mention there had to be some jealousy. Seeing Kevin with his wife and Whitney with Bobby.
And yep!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
"When will this hollowness in my stomach go away" Mines will never go away where Whitney and Kevin is concern. My heart is broken. But I'm learning to live with it. I read an article that said since Whitney passing and Kevin heartfelt tribute there is new interest in the BodyGuard movie. Do you think Kevin is aware of this? His Band is also said to be quickly gaining new fans. Do you think he is aware that this is linked to his Heart felt tribute to Whitney.
I think Kevin is aware of all these developments as per that new interview he gave re: his tour going on tour on March 28. They asked him about the Bodyguard in that interview published yesterday in this link Kevin Costner Readies Concept Album, Tour With Modern West - The 615 | Billboard.com

He also is quoted saying from that very recent interview "Speaking of the big screen, what's next for Costner? "I would like to direct some more," he admits. "I'm always going to dabble with the American western. I like it. I haven't gotten myself cornered in to that being the only thing that I do. I'm going to play Superman's dad in "Man Of Steel,' which will come out next summer, but my plans are really to direct more, and keep doing music, and watch the kids grow up." On March 28, "The Bodyguard" will be re-released to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the romantic classic that paired him with the late Whitney Houston. "People will have a chance to revisit that movie. A lot of people made out to it on their first couple dates. I have my own personal history with Whitney. It will be interesting to see how that is received. It has been an interesting past couple of months," he reflects.

It sounds to me like he has heard feedbacks from the world's reaction to his tribute to Whitney and thus of people renewed interest in him after it.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
I don't have the link. And please don't double post if you have to something else to say use the "edit message" button, it's a rule.
Ok.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Right Man, The Wrong Time

I found a Whitney interview during pre-production for The Bodyguard. It has some insightful comments about what she looked for in a man:

<<Whitney says she prefers to date men with a sense of humor "who know the Lord" and "who know who they are" and can just be themselves. "Basically," she says, "if you put Whitney Houston aside, what you'll find is a woman. You put Eddie Murphy aside, you'll find a man. You put Arsenio aside, you'll find a man. All that other stuff is just the |gravy' we have become. But before we were this, we were humans. People. That's the bottom line.">>

All I'm saying is Kevin fits that description. He saw her as a person first. They connected as people. In a relaxed, almost ESP interview, she didn't describe Boooby. It was Kevin. But he was married, and how would she look gushing about his amazing green eyes and brilliant laugh?

<<With her recording career continuing on track, Whitney is now pursuing another interest: acting. Movie offers have come from Spike Lee, Quincy Jones and Robert De Niro, but the timing has not been right. Until now. Kevin Costner, one of Hollywood's most unforgettable hunks, used his clout to insist that Whitney star opposite him in Body Guard, in which she will portray a singer whose life is threatened. "Kevin said to me, |I know you can do it; I know you can act. I want you,'" she says. "He was very excited when he saw the screen test." Filming is scheduled for fall.>>

I'd also like to point out that the timing wasn't right for The Bodyguard, either. Kevin Costner said in a 2009 interview that it looked like the Rachel Marron role would go to somebody else, but that he wanted to wait. Famously, they postponed the movie for a year to wait for Whitney to finish her tour. I'm just saying ...

Link to the full article: Whitney Houston talks about the men in her life - and the rumors, lies and insults that are the high price of fame - interview | Ebony | Find Articles
Old 03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think Kevin is aware of all these developments as per that new interview he gave re: his tour going on tour on March 28. They asked him about the Bodyguard in that interview published yesterday in this link Kevin Costner Readies Concept Album, Tour With Modern West - The 615 | Billboard.com

He also is quoted saying from that very recent interview "Speaking of the big screen, what's next for Costner? "I would like to direct some more," he admits. "I'm always going to dabble with the American western. I like it. I haven't gotten myself cornered in to that being the only thing that I do. I'm going to play Superman's dad in "Man Of Steel,' which will come out next summer, but my plans are really to direct more, and keep doing music, and watch the kids grow up." On March 28, "The Bodyguard" will be re-released to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the romantic classic that paired him with the late Whitney Houston. "People will have a chance to revisit that movie. A lot of people made out to it on their first couple dates. I have my own personal history with Whitney. It will be interesting to see how that is received. It has been an interesting past couple of months," he reflects.

It sounds to me like he has heard feedbacks from the world's reaction to his tribute to Whitney and thus of people renewed interest in him after it.
That's great that he knows something about the interest in it again I'm glad about that.

Quote:
Ok.
Thanks I just don't want you to loose your account on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
I found a Whitney interview during pre-production for The Bodyguard. It has some insightful comments about what she looked for in a man:

<<Whitney says she prefers to date men with a sense of humor "who know the Lord" and "who know who they are" and can just be themselves. "Basically," she says, "if you put Whitney Houston aside, what you'll find is a woman. You put Eddie Murphy aside, you'll find a man. You put Arsenio aside, you'll find a man. All that other stuff is just the |gravy' we have become. But before we were this, we were humans. People. That's the bottom line.">>

All I'm saying is Kevin fits that description. He saw her as a person first. They connected as people. In a relaxed, almost ESP interview, she didn't describe Boooby. It was Kevin. But he was married, and how would she look gushing about his amazing green eyes and brilliant laugh?

<<With her recording career continuing on track, Whitney is now pursuing another interest: acting. Movie offers have come from Spike Lee, Quincy Jones and Robert De Niro, but the timing has not been right. Until now. Kevin Costner, one of Hollywood's most unforgettable hunks, used his clout to insist that Whitney star opposite him in Body Guard, in which she will portray a singer whose life is threatened. "Kevin said to me, |I know you can do it; I know you can act. I want you,'" she says. "He was very excited when he saw the screen test." Filming is scheduled for fall.>>

I'd also like to point out that the timing wasn't right for The Bodyguard, either. Kevin Costner said in a 2009 interview that it looked like the Rachel Marron role would go to somebody else, but that he wanted to wait. Famously, they postponed the movie for a year to wait for Whitney to finish her tour. I'm just saying ...

Link to the full article: Whitney Houston talks about the men in her life - and the rumors, lies and insults that are the high price of fame - interview | Ebony | Find Articles
Wow I've never read that before. thank you for bring it over. Yes that describes Kevin to a T. And yes the timing of the movie was off too now that I think about it because I remember Kevin saying something about that in his speech, but at the same time I loved that he waited for her to finish with what she was doing.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Who else thinks Kevin has Whitney on his mind a lot still since the funeral

Who else thinks Kevin has Whitney on his mind a lot since the funeral.

That Billboard article from yesterday Kevin Costner Readies Concept Album, Tour With Modern West - The 615 | Billboard.com where he is quoted saying he has his own personal history with Whitney when asked about the 20th Anniversary release of The Bodyguard says a lot in my opinion about his current state of mind.

He is going on tour with his band and guess what? The tour first date in March 28, same day The Bodyguard is in theaters for one night only for the 20th Anniversary.

Who else thinks March 28 as his band's first tour date is not just a coincidence? Kevin does not come across to me as someone who does things without thinking them through and in my opinion he is trying in his way to continue to honor Whitney's memory and chanel his sorrow through his music.

I will closely read the lyrics to any songs je pens after this.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Who else thinks Kevin has Whitney on his mind a lot since the funeral.

That Billboard article from yesterday Kevin Costner Readies Concept Album, Tour With Modern West - The 615 | Billboard.com where he is quoted saying he has his own personal history with Whitney when asked about the 20th Anniversary release of The Bodyguard says a lot in my opinion about his current state of mind.

He is going on tour with his band and guess what? The tour first date in March 28, same day The Bodyguard is in theaters for one night only for the 20th Anniversary.

Who else thinks March 28 as his band's first tour date is not just a coincidence? Kevin does not come across to me as someone who does things without thinking them through and in my opinion he is trying in his way to continue to honor Whitney's memory and chanel his sorrow through his music.

I will closely read the lyrics to any songs je pens after this.

What do you guys think?
I think you could be right.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I remember Kevin saying something about that in his speech, but at the same time I loved that he waited for her to finish with what she was doing.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise19 (View Post)
He not just only waited for Whitney for a year but he also fought for her against those Warner Brothers film executives who were against her at first because simply of her skin color.
Yep I know and they are a bunch of idiots! I'm so happy he fought for her. That's love.