Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven03 (View Post)
I haven't heard that yet. But, I did hear that he was thinking about seeking counseling to get over her death.
To me he doesn't really love her they are just friends. Their relationship (if you can call it that) is totally different than Kevney's.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Have you all read this link about the Body Guard.

Revisiting 'The Bodyguard': A Romantic Blockbuster for Adults < PopMatters
Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Does anyone have the link where Kevin is crying outside the church. Wonder what his wife thought about all that crying-inside and outside the church?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynPattie (View Post)
Does anyone have the link where Kevin is crying outside the church. Wonder what his wife thought about all that crying-inside and outside the church?
I don't have the link. And please don't double post if you have to something else to say use the "edit message" button, it's a rule.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know Whitney and Kevin will be reunited in Heaven someday. All the good ones are. As saddened as we are that Whitney's gone, at least we know she's no longer in pain and she's truly happy.
I miss her so much but I know I will see her again someday. I know Kevin loved Whitney even though they couldn't act on their feelings in real life. Whitney was a wonderfully talented, amazingly beautiful human being. And I Will Always Love Her.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Even the "Smart" Folks Caught On

Almost every news outlet covered Kevin Costner's tribute speech, and almost every story had a string of reader/listener comments. But the folks over at The Wall Street Journal's blog boards were a lot cleaner. Several of them really got deep with their comments, about how Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston missed their destiny and could have set the world on fire as a couple. Wow. Take a look at these comments.

This one is my favorite. She must have read my mind.
Pat wrote:

When will this hollowness in my stomach go away. Kevin Costner, you brought me to tears in your heartfelt tribute to Whitney. The point is The Bodyguard seemed to tell us that you and Whitney being so perfect together in the movie seemed to have a powerful destiny together, but destiny was denied, and this is why we all are so blown away with your emotional tribute. I personally believe it was Divine ordinance that brought you two together, you two Baptist children, and you were meant to stay together to do God’s work and “make beautiful music together”, – success, fame, and a cuzzillion fortune from Whitney’s music, and Kevin’s movies, a twosome that lights the world on fire big big time, and change lives. Do believe that was God’s divine purpose. Rest in peace beautiful Whitney. Kevin, you are a man for all seasons.

7:27 pm February 22, 2012
And Katie wrote:

Life isn’t a dress rehearsal, a older friend once pointed out to me. As true as that is, I wonder if you would make that same (in my view) mistake and let that woman walk away from you a second time, if you had it to do all over again.

I can still remember the essence of a part of the speech you gave in 2008 at a university campus. You said our generation had failed to get the job done and now you were asking for their help to do what was needed to accomplish the task. There was no mistaking the fact that you are an activist by nature. It is at the core of who and what you are.

Yes, your eulogy was both moving and memorable, and it was oh so loving and warm. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Still, if we could turn back time and have you do it all over again how I wish that you and Ms. Houston would walk down the same path, together. The intelligent, handsome, talented, hardworking Kevin Costner and the loving, beautiful, gifted, sensitive Whitney Houston captivating audience with your grace and setting the world on fire with your uniqueness and your charm. A beautiful dream for another time, and perhaps another place. Thank you for the dream. I wish you love.

Kevin Costner's Speech at the Whitney Houston Funeral - Speakeasy - WSJ

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 03-24-2012 at 08:21 PM
Old 03-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Almost every news outlet covered Kevin Costner's tribute speech, and almost every story had a string of reader/listener comments. But the folks over at The Wall Street Journal's blog boards were a lot cleaner. Several of them really got deep with their comments, about how Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston missed their destiny and could have set the world on fire as a couple. Wow. Take a look at these comments.

Pat wrote:

When will this hollowness in my stomach go away. Kevin Costner, you brought me to tears in your heartfelt tribute to Whitney. The point is The Bodyguard seemed to tell us that you and Whitney being so perfect together in the movie seemed to have a powerful destiny together, but destiny was denied, and this is why we all are so blown away with your emotional tribute. I personally believe it was Divine ordinance that brought you two together, you two Baptist children, and you were meant to stay together to do God’s work and “make beautiful music together”, – success, fame, and a cuzzillion fortune from Whitney’s music, and Kevin’s movies, a twosome that lights the world on fire big big time, and change lives. Do believe that was God’s divine purpose. Rest in peace beautiful Whitney. Kevin, you are a man for all seasons.

oh geez that was...deep omg! I'm about to cry I definitely agree with that poster about Kevin. Thank you for that. They definitely missed their destiny.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

In Whitney's Words

Whitney was always less effusive about whatever her thoughts/feelings were about Kevin Costner. She liked to keep things professional and was clearly emotionally committed to her marriage. But it was still cute to see her pay Kevin some compliments, like at Classic Whitney.com, www.classicwhitney.com - Interview - Ebony, January 1993, where she does explain what she thought about him.

"He doesn't trip!!" Spoken like a true Jersey girl.

"It was really nice, really a joy to work with Kevin," she says, "and it had a lot to do with his personality. He is down-to-earth; he doesn't trip. He's into his work. And he's very kind, he's effective and he's considerate.

"I liked the fact that he knew what he was doing as far as the film was concerned. He's an actor, director, producer and involved in other aspects of film. And he'd had the experience with Dances With Wolves. So he was able to act and give me good direction. I enjoyed watching this hunk, this man who everybody calls the sex symbol of America, actually be into what it takes to do a film, other than be a hunk. He was very involved and concerned about every aspect of the film. And if there was something that needed to be done, he put the time into it and we stayed lot hours and worked out the scenes. I enjoyed watching him do a good professional job.

"It was exciting to work with someone who has such notoriety in Hollywood and experience in doing films," she adds. "That was more exciting for me than the actual idea that he is this hunk Kevin Costner. Yes, he's a hunk and he's sexy. We all know that, but that's not what I was looking for."

Rather, says Houston, she was looking for support and coaching. "We kind of made a deal," says Houston. "He loves to sing, he loves music, even had an album released in Japan once. I said, Okay, Kevin, I'll help you with your singing if you help me with the acting."
Old 03-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Whitney was always less effusive about whatever her thoughts/feelings were about Kevin Costner. She liked to keep things professional and was clearly emotionally committed to her marriage. But it was still cute to see her pay Kevin some compliments, like at Classic Whitney.com, www.classicwhitney.com - Interview - Ebony, January 1993, where she does explain what she thought about him.

"It was really nice, really a joy to work with Kevin," she says, "and it had a lot to do with his personality. He is down-to-earth; he doesn't trip. He's into his work. And he's very kind, he's effective and he's considerate.

"I liked the fact that he knew what he was doing as far as the film was concerned. He's an actor, director, producer and involved in other aspects of film. And he'd had the experience with Dances With Wolves. So he was able to act and give me good direction. I enjoyed watching this hunk, this man who everybody calls the sex symbol of America, actually be into what it takes to do a film, other than be a hunk. He was very involved and concerned about every aspect of the film. And if there was something that needed to be done, he put the time into it and we stayed lot hours and worked out the scenes. I enjoyed watching him do a good professional job.

"It was exciting to work with someone who has such notoriety in Hollywood and experience in doing films," she adds. "That was more exciting for me than the actual idea that he is this hunk Kevin Costner. Yes, he's a hunk and he's sexy. We all know that, but that's not what I was looking for."

Rather, says Houston, she was looking for support and coaching. "We kind of made a deal," says Houston. "He loves to sing, he loves music, even had an album released in Japan once. I said, Okay, Kevin, I'll help you with your singing if you help me with the acting."
Ah yes I just love those quotes! I actually put some of them up in the OP thread. And yes she definitely didn't like to go into detail about her feelings for him which is okay that's just who she is that doesn't mean to me that she didn't or wasn't in love with him.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

A little smitten

That was you?! LOL.
Even though Whitney was always more reserved and modest in her opinions about Kevin, I have to wonder if she wasn't a little smitten. Imagine you're a beautiful woman whose confidence needs boosting. Here's this tall, majorly attractive, Hollywood mover & shaker who literally takes you by the hand and guides you through your first film role as his leading lady. And dances with you, let's not forget the slow dancing. Plus he is adamant that it has to be you. He argues with "the musical side of her camp," meaning Clive about how to do your hit song. This guy slays dragons for you and basically brings Hollywood to your feet. What young woman wouldn't be smitten? My heart would flutter every time those green eyes smiled at me. What engagement?? Even if Mr. Hotness didn't leave his wife and kids for me, I'd stop and think: Wait. I'm f-&@#*)-g Whitney Houston. I can do better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
Ah yes I just love those quotes! I actually put some of them up in the OP thread. And yes she definitely didn't like to go into detail about her feelings for him which is okay that's just who she is that doesn't mean to me that she didn't or wasn't in love with him.

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 03-21-2012 at 06:35 PM Reason: expanded comment; spelling
Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I haven't seen it but I'd bet she's trying to convince herself that Kevin and Whitney were just good friends and that Kevin doesn't have strong feelings for Whitney.

Quote:

Pat wrote:

Wow. That's a really good comment. Man...I really wish they had gotten together.

Quote:
Have you all read this link about the Body Guard.

Revisiting 'The Bodyguard': A Romantic Blockbuster for Adults < PopMatters
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing it.

Last edited by Rachel Farmer; 03-21-2012 at 06:40 PM
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That was you?! LOL.
Even though Whitney was always more reserved and modest in her opinions about Kevin, let's be honest. Imagine you're a beautiful woman whose confidence needs boosting. Here's this tall, majorly attractive, Hollywood mover & shaker who literally takes you by the hand and guides you through your first film role as his leading lady. And dances with you, let's not forget that. What young woman wouldn't be smitten? My heart would flutter every time those green eyes smiled at me, puh-lease! I'd rethink that whole engagement to Boooby in a heartbeat. Even if Mr. Hotness didn't leave his wife and kids for me, I'd stop and think: Wait. I'm f-&@#*)-g Whitney Houston. I can do better!
LOL Boooby too funny! and yes I agree with you on everything you've said. I just think she was too un-confident about herself and insecure, unsure like Kevin said and she didn't think she could do any better. I think that's why she got married in the first place because she thought she wasn't good enough for a better man (Kevin)
Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

And one more thing B4 goodnight ...

I have never been this hung up on a celebrity death like this, and I think this thread, this whole concept of a missed destiny, is part of the reason. I had a flirtation with a guy years ago, in my early 20s, that I ignored by sheer will because we were racially and culturally different. (Same combination as KC & WH)

And it was the same thing. We worked together. He'd be openly flirting and effusive, yet I wouldn't flirt back as much as him, although there were times ... I was just a hard-headed girl who was flattered by his remarks but refused to take him seriously. We parted after I took a different job, and after years, I visited the old office where we used to work together and he still worked. He wasn't around so I left with my friends. The dude came running out of the building to the parking lot in the rain to catch up to us. And he just stood over me, smiling at me in the rain. After we hugged and all that, I left with my friend, who kept asking: Who was that? Who was that? I later found out that people genuinely thought we were a couple, b/c of our rapport.

Anyway, another missed destiny for you.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:

I love it. Thanks for posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala79 (View Post)
By the way, I've written my second chapter of 'The Bodyguard' sequel - The Bodyguard what happened later? Chapter 2, a bodyguard, 1992 fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Enjoy
Great! I'm reading it now.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well ...

Apparently he released a statement to TMZ denying the report. TMZ?!?!? Oh come on. I can't stand that Web site, with their weird ambush /harassment interview videos. Couldn't he have found a more tasteful way to release ... oh, wait. We're talking about Ray-J with the KK sex tapes. Sorry.

You know, I think beautiful Whitney should have let her mother pick her boyfriends. And judging by the classy man who was allowed to speak so beautifully at the funeral, we know it wouldn't have been little PJ or Boooby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
Well I'm not saying it is true it it's probably just gossip so until I see otherwise from a reliable official source then I'll believe it so for now I'll just leave it at that and move on. yay! you've finally updated! It's about time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread