Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikki K

I agree though that I always thought in season 3 that they could have/should have got deeper into the Jed/Abbey thing - it was like, this big drama in the beginning and then she was hardly there
I was actually talking about season 6 hun.
With Abby finding out that the assassination of the Arab political figure (I don't remember his name) is directly responsible for Zoey's kidnapping. Jed and Abby fight about it, then she isolates herself with Zoey (after she's rescued) at a cottage for some time before coming back to the White House. The whole time, Jed and Abby don't discuss this matter and it feels like it's not resolved.

I'm still waiting on my season 3 DVD to pass judgement on Amy/Josh .
Cathangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathangel
I was actually talking about season 6 hun.
That makes my point about season 3 less valid?

Honestly, talking about season 3 in general - is there anybody else who thinks it wasn't as... well - charming, balanced etc. as the first two?

The Zoey kidnapping sounds like too much to me as well...

Unlrelated question: Who's your favourite Bartlet daughter?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

Honestly, talking about season 3 in general - is there anybody else who thinks it wasn't as... well - charming, balanced etc. as the first two?
I can't actually comment on that yet , but reading the scripts, I find that, in seasons 3 & 4, there are less comic moments than in the first two seasons.

Of all the three Bartlet daughters, I identify with Ellie the best for her convictions and the kind of relationship she has with her father.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
in seasons 3 & 4, there are less comic moments than in the first two seasons.
I can't comment on anything beyond season 3 yet - but yeah, I agree with what you said as far as season 3 is concerned. I guess that's also to blame on 9/11 - after all this was the year.

I haven't seen Liz yet - I think she's to appear in season 5, no?! Ah, that'll be a long wait for the DVDs... -- I agree about Ellie though.

So, Cathangel - you have seen 1&2 and 5 but not the other two inbetween? How come?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
So, Cathangel - you have seen 1&2 and 5 but not the other two inbetween? How come?
For seasons 1 & 2, I saw the DVDs that my mom had bought and for season 5, my mom had taped it all.

I just always discover TV series too late. Like when they're 5 years old. It was the same thing with X-Files.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Heh, your mom sounds cool. Mine doesn't watch TV. She's nice nonetheless - but heh... anyway.

I broke down today and bought two West Wing related books at amazon.de - one was the Script Book for S 3&4, the other's called "The "West Wing" Companion" - hope they're worth it... anyone owns them?

Besides, do you guys read fanfic?

Old 09-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I have the Companion and I *love* it! Definitely worth the money!

I don't read fanfic for WW, which is strange considering, I read it for pretty much every other fandom I'm in.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

I read West Wing fan fiction all the time! It's fun and it makes me wanna write one someday.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Elite Fan

DevotedFanOfMatt - goodie. I'm relieved to hear that. I almost had a bad conscience for spending so much money on a book for a TV show.

Cathangel - so do I. Do you have any recs?

Old 09-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

Cathangel - so do I. Do you have any recs?
Not yet but there was one Josh/Donna story called "Scar Tissue" at
www.westwingstories.com

in the National Library section, which deals with somebody else (Donna ) seeing Josh's scar for the first time. That was the only memorable story but you might find some sections interesting, but unfortunately for you, no one seemed inspired to write Mandy at all into fanfic.... I'm kidding! I'm only taking a jab at you.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Actually I read quite some fanfic those last few weeks, so I guess I make a list soon. Quite some Josh/Mandy, Mandy/Donna and CJ/Mandy, too.

In the meantime... I did a manip. I'm kind of rusty with making art these days but considering that I think it turned out quite fine.

Ainsley+Sam ('The West Wing')

Click here for 800x600

Old 10-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aside from being a total J/D shipper I also shipped Sam and Ainsley. What's weird about it is that their chemistry wasn't apparent to me when they were on TWW, it was afterwards watching repeats that had m going "oh my God, they would have made such a cute couple!" Honestly though I think it's more Emily Proctor's doing than Rob Lowe's because I ship Calleigh (played by EP) and Delko on CSI: Miami. But S/A were so cute.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

The more and more I watch of tWW, the less I like J/D. But anyway...

As for Sam - oh my gosh, I found his character and how he approached women/romance so annoying in the first season. Of course the "Rob Lowe" face didn't help. He was just too clueless, too sweet, too helpless and his female counterparts always seemed so much more down to earth and serious. Much like - imagine they had sex and afterwards they's pet his head and say: "Sam, you're cute. I want to cuddle you and make you some hot milk with cookies. But for us to work out you'd have some serious growing up to do."

Now with Ainsley it was different because they were so much alike. They both had a clumsy side, they both had a very passionate side, they both had a helpless and insecure streak and they were both very caring and funny. Furthermore Ainsley appreciated Sam taking care of her (and we all know he has this knight in shining armour complex) and didn't feel like he reduced her to a "weak female" as I always had the feeling with Mallory - I always though she was annoyed by this side of him and therefore got aggressive. Ainsley on the other hand found his protective side endearing. That's basically why I think they were a much better match.

As for the scenes in general, I think RL and EP had great chemistry and the script was good too, that certainly helped. Concerning CSI:M - I love Calleigh but I can't seem to find any shipperlove in the CSI fandom. *shrugs*

Old 10-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nikki K I agree about the Rob Lowe face thing, and that Ainsley and Sam had those attributes in common. Actually I agreed with your whole post except for the part where there's a correlation between the amount of watching tWW and how much the J/D relationship is liked.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Janetmaca
Actually I agreed with your whole post except for the part where there's a correlation between the amount of watching tWW and how much the J/D relationship is liked.
Thanks and yeah, good for you. I guess that makes the show much more watchable for you then. I don't know to me it kind of lost its charm by season 3, especially Josh just went on my nerves in season 4&5. *shrugs* Season 5: I could see even more Josh/Ryan... I still love Donna though.

Reply   Post New Thread