Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2019, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Wei Wuxian ♡ Lan Wangji (The Untamed) #1: "May I have the honor of getting a glimpse from you?"

Soulmates
{ Wei Wuxian Lan Wangji }

The Untamed is a Chinese television series that aired in 2019 and ran for 50 episodes. It is based off of the BL (boy love) xianxia novel Mo Dao Zu Shi by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. The series is available on Netflix and Viki. *The subtitles on Viki were easier to understand and follow.* Mo Dao Zu Shi is also an animated series which can be viewed on youtube.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangi are cultivators from different sects. Wuxian is bright, mischievous, kind, and has his own way of going about things. Wangi has a strong sense of justice that makes him come off as cold and strict. They come to regard each other as soulmates.

+

Supporters
blaↄkpink
KeepThisaSecret

Answer | Shadow | Psycho
☂Rae | kpop | icon

Last edited by blaↄkpink; 11-24-2019 at 09:08 AM
blaↄkpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YES! Add me please... They're the absolute best!
This series was so well done. I knew nothing of the series going in, but the first scene I could tell that these two were going to be a romantic pairing.
They worked around the Chinese censorship, but we knew what was up.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
KeepThisaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Adding you now, Josie!

Their story really is so stunning I still have 20 episodes left because I forced myself to slow down. I fear the day it's over But I really am just in AWE of how obvious their feelings are for each other despite the censorship. Like...you have to try very hard to see them as just dudes being bros

Answer | Shadow | Psycho
☂Rae | kpop | icon
Old 11-25-2019, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My internet has been out since Saturday morning. Just got it back.

Are you watching from Netflix or from one of the subtitle sites? Netflix has eng subs, but they make me cringe.

I believe the actors read the novel and knew the relationship between the leads was romantic and they wanted to stay as true to the original as possible without stepping over the line. They did an amazing job. I can’t picture anyone else more fitting to portray these characters. I won’t spoil you. When you get to the last episode we can talk more about it. I want to know your thoughts on the ending. Which episode are you on?

Have you read the novel? If not, and you want to I can link it. I read as the episodes came out. Towards the end I read through it because I was impatient.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I watched the show on Viki! I had originally started off on Netflix, but yeah the subtitles were awful Would not recommend anyone watch it from there.

I would agree! The actors I'm confident were aware of what the original source material was...and you couldn't tell me with their portrayals that they were coming from a "dudes being bros" mindset. I think they did an absolute beautiful job following the horrendous censoring rules while still being true to what the story is meant to be.

I did finish it! I was a weepy mess as I did not want to let it go And the fact that it was all just so lovely...but sad. But my impression was they do find each other again in the end. Quite frankly they always will find each other. That's the main take away I got. And I'm confident they are off being cultivation partners.

The novel I haven't read yet, but I do know where to do so! Thank you!

This freaking song that will always get me

Answer | Shadow | Psycho
☂Rae | kpop | icon
Old 01-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Viki is one of the better sites. I used to have a paid subscription, but there are so many different entertainment sites. You have to pick and choose when it starts to get pricey. Netflix subtitles are pretty bad.

I'm currently watching The Untamed Special Edition episodes on YT with questionable subtitles. They aren't really new episodes just extended scenes. They teased NEW content for international fans, but I'm not really seeing much of a difference. Of course I'm going to watch it, because I don't want to miss anything. I hope they actually give us some much wanted, tasteful scenes, with no censorship.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I get a paid subscription only now and then Like for The Untamed I did just for a month because I was watching it so much and wanted to watch without ads. But at least when I do watch stuff on Viki with ads it's not too bad! They're usually not too long. There really is so much to subscribe to these days it's crazy. I'm confident one of the reasons The Untamed has a lower rating on Netflix is because of those subtitles

I heard about that! And like you said I heard there really wasn't much different to see. I'm waiting to hear if that changes. I'd be shocked if we got scenes without the censoring sadly.

+

Answer | Shadow | Psycho
☂Rae | kpop | icon
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top