Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Untouchable (Logan/Marie - X-Men) #4: Because even the critics saw the chemistry

Welcome to the Logan/Marie aka Wolverine/Rogue Appreciation Thread

Banner by dark_red (chicq)

Banners by Emelie

Untouchables List

Swamy
Emelie
Blueschild007 (Julie)
Lennie1984
ANGELforBUFFY (Angie)
Rainstorm18 (Jenny)
Dreamer who loves candy
drsnaps
DreamWalker
LittleFlower426
TheCheshireKitten
Freyja
Tarhiliel
Veronakat
Something Dramatic
Sark and Draco Lover (Jess)
Anck-Su-Namum
Naive Girl (Suzy)
Denise
Niblet (Allie)
Hawthorn (Francesca)
Firestar007 (Liz)
liltashaq
Soeshie20
KervyQT16
nemapasara (Maria)
Caridee
SergeantPepper
naturellebella
MissMarie
ellie_dakota
lizzy13132003 (Lizzy)
dark_red (chicq)
claire_bear2007
Calgaryfan2006 (Chrissie)
paire (Joanna)
antisocial
Oldrguy (Evan)
Imogen Morley
roganroganrogan
Titch22 (Fay)

Why we love them

01) Because he noticed her in the crew
02) Because she saved his life
03) Because she asked if 'does them hurts'
04) Because what kind of name is Rogue?
05) Because what kind of name is Wolverine?
06) Because he's the only one that calls her Marie
07) Because she's the first person he cares about from a long time
08) Because he found her. Twice.
09) Because he'll take care of her.
10) Because he promised.
11) Because she believes him
12) Because she tried to wake him from his nightmares
13) Because she didn't want to hurt him
14) Because he was willing to give his life for her
15) Because soon she will not be a kid anymore
16) Because Bobby is jealous of him
17) Because he was in her head
18) Because he'll come back. He'll come back to her always.
19) Because he saved her life
20) Because Rogue sleeps with the army tag
21) Because their touch is deadly... and healing all on the same time.
22) Because he's not her father.
23) Because she took on a few of his qualities
24) Because she has a crush on him.
25) Because his trailer looked cozy.
26) Because she didn't prefer the road.
27) Because they were alone but found solace and love in each other.
28) Because she isn't scared of him. Or he of her.
29) Because he wanted her to warm her hands
30) Because it was nothing personal
31) Because she wants him to wear a seatbelt
32) Because they understand each other better than anyone
33) Because he's not her dad
34) Because he knew Rogue was gone even before Xavier
35) Because when he came back, Rogue completely forgot about Bobby.
36) Because they are bound by the green hoodie connection

Wolverine/Rogue Soundtrack

Konstantine - Something Corporate
Hear Me - Kelly Clarkson
Anna Begins - Counting Crows
Love Profusion - Madonna
Untouchable Face - Ani Difranco
My Immortal - Evanescence
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Honestly OK - Dido
Belief - Gavin DeGraw
Song for a Winter's Night - Sarah McLachlan
A Thousand Years - Sting
Haunted - Poe
Can I Reach You - Noa
Poison - Alice Cooper
Superhero - Collapsis
The Fragile - Nine Inch Nails
Closer to You - Wallflowers
Look After You - The Fray

Quotes about Logan/Marie

"Paquin and Jackman have excellent chemistry together, and their scenes inject warmth and actual human connection into the film." ~ DJ at the Movies

"All of the crucial plot elements are there -- action, suspense, wit, and a love triangle. Rogue (Anna Paquin) and Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) are the main players of the film, and they explode on screen."

"As the lead players, Paquin and Jackman do a great job. [...] In fact, Rogue and Wolverine dominate the movie so much that they seem to share far more chemistry than even X-Men’s star couple, Cyclops and Jean Grey." ~ Film Review HHH

"[Hugh Jackman] captures Wolverine's coiled rage and snarky attitude, evident in pointed exchanges with Marsden's Cyclops. At the same time, he convincingly portrays Logan's awkward tenderness toward Rogue." ~ SciFi.com

"I think the greatest success of X-Men is its main characters (Wolverine, played by Hugh Jackman, and Rogue, played by Anna Paquin), which provide some of the most tangibly emotional scenes in any film released this year. Any one scene between Jackman and Paquin has more electricity than anything in The Patriot and The Perfect Storm combined. [...] Their scenes together have a wonderfully complex feel to them; a barely- harnessed sexual attraction combined with each of their heavily-loaded emotional baggage. Both Wolverine's anger and frustration at his unclear past and Rogue's fear and loathing of a power she can't understand or control come through, clear as a bell, and Singer guides these two fine performers along that tightrope without ever letting them take a misstep." ~ FilmScoreMonthly.com

"Wolverine is the no-nonsense action mutant at the center of this particular narrative, and Jackman's bravado has on-screen charisma to burn. But the scenes in which Wolvie and runaway teenager Rogue talk tenderly (denoting true sexless love between misunderstood souls) are tremendous. The burden that is being who they are is framed perfectly via flashback scenes that set up the lifetime of emotional scarring they've gone through (particularly Paquin's reaction to her first kiss)." ~ PSX Nation

"What makes X-men an enjoyable film is the really fine work from many of the actors. I was particularly impressed with Hugh Jackman's performance as Wolverine and Anna Paquin's performance as Rogue. It is through the relationship of those two vital characters that X-men tells its story."

"Another highlight among the special features is the screen test for Hugh Jackman. It's a great scene (albeit too short) with him and Anna Paquin. In the movie there's such great chemistry between the two actors, it's nice getting a peek into the early stages of that relationship." ~ DVD Talk

"Rogue (Anna Paquin) and Iceman are an item, but Rogue is still in love with Wolverine. Unfortunately, Rogue and Iceman still haven't figured out a way for them to touch without her stealing his powers and injuring him. Talk about sexual frustration!" ~ Epinions.com

"An outcast in the 'normal' world, Rogue takes to the road, finds Wolverine, wins a permanent place in his heart, and eventually seeks refuge at Xavier's School for Gifted Children." ~ Genome News Network

icon credit: ladybozi

Last edited by paire; 02-24-2008 at 08:47 AM
Old 02-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Absolute Fan

new thread thanks joanna

and now picspam

seriously, these two have amazing chemistry

I love how they're always side by side at the posters or photoshoots:

Behind the scene, i love how Anna looks at Hugh:

Screencaps from the movies:

all images from
wolverineandrogue.com

Old 02-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome, chicq And thanks for the great title Btw, I added a list of our previous threads to the OP, and, right below it, I put in a cap, but I just chose one randomly, so I can change it if you guys find another cap or some art you prefer

Those pics and arts are incredible! Thank you so much, chicq! I love it, too, how they're always next to each other and how she looks up at him with such admiration The chemistry cannot be denied!

And in those 2 behind-the-scenes pics, everyone is looking up, except for Anna, who's looking at Hugh

Old 02-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Absolute Fan

New thread!

Joanna, I'll remember that

Oh, I love that last wallpaper/picture thingy that was posted in the previous thread. Gorgeous. Also, love all the pics

Also could the 'Rogue... is she okay' banner be replaced with this one because it's prettier
Old 02-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Absolute Fan

she has eyes for hugh only

couldn't resist making icons out of that pic

Old 02-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

I replaced the banner, Emilie I love the old one, but I also love the new one

I'm glad you couldn't resist, chicq, because those icons are lovely

Old 02-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Absolute Fan

thanks

the art is so pretty emilie

Old 02-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Man. I love the new icons. Seriously. I think I'm definitely gonna use one of them, perhaps

I'm glad you like the old one but I think I can do a better one. The old one just seemed... thrown together and sort of sloppy.

Favourite WR scene?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Well, even what you consider thrown together and sloppy is wonderful, Emelie, but I can understand not being satisfied with your own work

As for favourite scene... I haven't seen the films in a while, so I don't have all the Rogan scenes fresh in mind, but I love the one from X1 (or X2?) where Logan's leaving to go North and says goodbye to Marie and gives her his tags. His facial expressions throughout the whole scene are just breath-taking; he looks kind of sad to see her with Bobby yet is also happy that she's adjusting, and he's so warm and flirtatious when he and Marie are talking

Old 02-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Absolute Fan

i fell asleep gotta go , i really need to sleep it's already 6 am here

Old 02-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

6 am! Good night, chicq

I love this sound bite from X1; Marie asks Logan if it hurts when his claws come out, and his answer is matter-of-fact but so heart-breaking, too

wolverineandrogue.com - Sounds/everytime

Old 02-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

YAY!!! This thread is moving really fast!!! The new thread title is full of truth.

OMG, chicq...those icons... I wonder if Anna is still acting in those scenes. haha. If it were me, it wouldn't take ANY effort to look at Hugh like. that. gonna save those icons now. BTW, would you mind if I share them in my old Wolvie/Rogue mailing list?

paire... So true. Logan was really taken aback that Rogue has a boyfriend. Sure, he can pretend that it's because he's curious about the skin issue...but if you ask me, I sensed a hint of possessiveness in there. I think Logan has always thought that HE would be the only one to touch Marie...and live to tell the tale. haha Loved that bit where he talks to Bobby Drake over soda..you just know he wants to skewer the imp for wanting to be "extra close" to his Marie. bwahahah

as for a favorite scene...hmm...I think it would have to be the scene where Marie returned Logan's dogtags. The TENSION! the TENSION!!!

Cesare Lucrezia

soulmates
Old 02-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

I think it would take an effort to not look at Hugh like that, claire_bear And I totally agree about Logan eyeing with possessiveness Marie with Bobby Definite jealousy there that she's found someone else she likes to spend time with

I don't remember the scene where Marie returns the dogtags I really need to watch the movies again

Old 02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

yay! new thread! i'm in such a rogan high right now. i am now reading Yellow Brick Road. SO good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paire (View Post)
I don't remember the scene where Marie returns the dogtags I really need to watch the movies again
oh you know the scene! from X2, when Logan, Marie, Pyro, and Bobby are in the car driving to Bobby's house after Stryker attacks the mansion...

loving the Hugh/Anna pictures too!
Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Extreme Fan

joanna...it's the scene where Logan, Marie, Bobby and John escape in Cyke's car after Stryker's attack in the mansion. I just love that moment of understanding between Logan and Marie. Bobby and John may as well have been on another planet. Bwahahaha!

Cesare Lucrezia

soulmates
Closed Thread   Post New Thread