Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2020, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It really didn't

I loved how complicated it was when they saw each other again, they weren't on good terms when Tyler left, but they were still really missing each other too
Old 08-23-2020, 03:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

To be honest...I barely know what happened after I quit watching in early Season 4. Why did they break up ultimately? Didn't Stefan punch him too?
Old 08-23-2020, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I can't remember if Stefan punched him, but I think he pushed him across the room... can't say I watched that scene more than once

They broke up because Tyler wanted to go after Klaus, but Caroline just wanted Tyler to get over everything & stay with her.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
They broke up because Tyler wanted to go after Klaus, but Caroline just wanted Tyler to get over everything & stay with her.
Klaus killed his mom! I could see why he was so mad. AND I guess that didn't stop her from having sex with Klaus did it?
Old 08-23-2020, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, the whole things leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Klaus murdered his mom & had taken Tyler's freedom from him, & could come back at any time... I can't blame Tyler for wanting to try and take control of the situation, to stop Klaus before he came back to ruin their lives again. But they tried to make it out that revenge was more important to Tyler than Caroline was
Old 08-23-2020, 06:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, it was just a difference in worldviews. Caroline wanted him there no matter the circumstances — Klaus was leaving them alone, so they could live happily ever after and everything's fine! But Tyler saw the bigger picture. As much as Caroline too was terrorized by Klaus, it wasn't the same thing, and she wasn't the one that was kicked out of her own town. Not only could Tyler not accept that Klaus would get away with killing his mom and his pack, but he knew how petty Klaus was and that if it suited him, he would just come back and destroy Tyler's life some more.

What I hate is that Tyler somehow became the bad guy for being pissed at Caroline for sleeping with his mom's murderer?? The show was bad enough with that, but then fandom completely twists it. They say he's **** shaming her, that he tried to kill her, when that's not what happened at all. If Caroline had chosen anyone else, Tyler wouldn't have cared. As for the latter, he wolfed out, sure, but he didn't advance on her or lose control, he just wanted to shock her enough to leave. And then Stefan punched him for it. Ugh.

The ****tiest thing IMO is that the writers didn't even do anything with KC. KC had sex and that was it. They didn't get in a relationship and weren't endgame, so Forwood was destroyed for NOTHING. Moreover, I fully believe that eventually Tyler and Caroline could have come back to each other, basically start over now that the person/situation that broke them up in the first place was gone. But nope. They get like two scenes together the rest of the show, then Tyler gets killed. It's the WORST.

AO3| LJ| fanfiction| tumblr
Old 08-23-2020, 08:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Oh yeah...they totally could have eventually gotten back together. I believe he would have forgiven her after Klaus was out of their lives...but Julie Plec wanted to do Steroline instead and MT ended up leaving the show after Season 6. I couldn't blame him because they treated him and his character like crap. Only Kevin Williamson cared about him.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's been years and i'm still so mad about the scene where Caroline literay tells Tyler to get over her sleeping with Klaus or to get out of her life. I mean, how sick was the individual who wrote it?
Old 08-24-2020, 01:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Oh yeah...they totally could have eventually gotten back together. I believe he would have forgiven her after Klaus was out of their lives...but Julie Plec wanted to do Steroline instead and MT ended up leaving the show after Season 6. I couldn't blame him because they treated him and his character like crap. Only Kevin Williamson cared about him.
Can you imagine if KW had stayed on the show? The buildup between them in season 2 was so beautiful, I can't even imagine how great a relationship they'd have if he hadn't left. Or even if he'd just come back for the last season or two. I heard that had Nina not left they were going to put Stelena back together, so I bet the same would've happened with Forwood. But nooo, we can't have nice things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
It's been years and i'm still so mad about the scene where Caroline literay tells Tyler to get over her sleeping with Klaus or to get out of her life. I mean, how sick was the individual who wrote it?
Right? And I think that scene was only like two weeks after Tyler found out. Who on earth would expect him to get over it so fast (or ever)? Tyler was gaslit so horribly, made to think that he was the irrational one for being angry about it. Not to mention that Caroline equated her transgression with him biting Nadia, even though Tyler only bit her because she was going to kill Caroline. What kinda BS is that?

Poor MT. Given a character so rich with opportunity and depth, and they do THAT to him.

AO3| LJ| fanfiction| tumblr
Old 08-24-2020, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I so wish KW had stayed, things would have played out so differently...

& that scene was terrible, I really wish that Tyler had called her out there. I mean Klaus killed his mom. Caroline knew what Tyler went through more than anyone... God, they ruined her so much, to not only do that to Tyler, but then not even understand what an awful thing it was
Old 08-24-2020, 04:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Yeah, I can't stomach that scene Even worse that some just cheer Caroline on and basically see it as some empowering moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I so wish KW had stayed, things would have played out so differently...
I'm not so sure about that I read an interview with KW where he said he was a big Klaroline fan and he would've continued them if it wasn't for the spinoff. We had nobody of the writers on our team in the end

Last edited by Biscuit-; 08-24-2020 at 05:04 AM
Old 08-24-2020, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

The thing is, I bet they actually don't, but twist it that way in their minds before of their ship...
Old 08-24-2020, 06:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Honestly, i think Michael should've left way earlier. If it was me, i'd turn my back on this show right after KC had sex. At that point it was clear Tyler is doomed as a character. No respect, no development, no storylines. I often wondered why Michael even bothered with guest appearances. Even during those he was treated like crap, both as a performer and as a character. So humiliating. And to think he was with the show since the very beginning... In a way a real Original, huh? Way before Klaus was even created.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Michael always seemed way too nice for his own good, he came back whenever they asked & I don't think he ever had a bad word to say about the show - which considering how badly he was treated shows a lot of professionalism. Whereas, the other male leads would slam the show every chance they got, & their characters always seemed to get rewarded
Old 08-24-2020, 10:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

The problem was MT was under contract through six seasons. He couldn't leave until after Season 6. I'm sure he would have left earlier than that if he could.

Quote:
I heard that had Nina not left they were going to put Stelena back together,
This is 100% true.