Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for posting Scarlett I always like reading what you have to say. .
And I work 12s also. But only 3 sometimes 4 days and week so I can't imagine.
And Catherine's horse urine pregnancy tests.

Also out of curiosity I looked up the historics on pregnancy tests... apparently there were a couple in the shows time.
http://m.essentialbaby.com.au/concep...929-2umte.html

Not that any are accurate..it was just interesting.

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-20-2015 at 04:53 AM
JessTeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Some of the tests are really... I'm sure neither of them was 100% accurate. And it only could show if she was pregnant or not. It couldn't show how far along a woman was. But thanks for the research. It was an interesting read.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableharpy (View Post)

That was excellent, and also very painful. I loved Kenna's speech to Bash. And yay for Francis!
Thank youuuu! Pain seems to be my specialty

I've said this over and over but Francis is bae. He's my new favorite and he just kept having things to say. As upset as I was that he just kept letting Mary walk all over him this season, I think he'd be very instructive for Kennash given the opportunity. And I have lots more to say, but .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Re: Timeline. A lot of TV writers are crap about their timelines. It's not really difficult to keep track. You just need to come up with a calendar and mark your events on it. When I write a major fic, that's what I do, so I don't screw up when I have the characters talk about events. I hate it when someone says Friday when in reality they mean tomorrow. IMO, there should be a timeline Calendar in the writer's room where they brainstorm, so that everyone can check, but really, you can even set these things up online if they aren't all in the same room all the time.
Same! It just makes life easier. I have connected fics in a different fandom that span years and my timeline there is very precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Based on the dialog Mona wrote out, I'm 99% convinced that this is Bash's baby. Kenna in 2x21 said that she and GR had been together for weeks because one does not talk about being together for weeks if in reality it's months they've been together. . . .

Anyway, these are all logical arguments, I have to keep reminding myself that @Reignwriters can just wave their magic wand of Reign Logic and the baby remains GRs. I would be so disappointed but it would not be unexpected.

Also, if people say that Kenna can't be that pregnant since she's not yet showing, Kenna might be one of these people that one day just pops out like she swallowed a balloon at 6 months.
Initially after the finale, I was convinced thinking the baby could be Bash's was just shipper delusion on all our parts despite some promising clues (like that erotic dream, which is totally pregnancy hormones, as you've said), but now I'm convinced of the opposite. Being with GR for weeks could at most mean more than 1 month but under 2 because yes, Kenna wouldn't say weeks to mean months plural. And it just hasn't been that long to be very many WEEKS even.

(Before the finale, I thought more that Kenna was going to be uncertain about which one of them was the father. Or perhaps that she would think it was Bash but he wouldn't believe that, given how long ago they'd slept together and the lack of understanding of reproduction.)

I am totally convinced Kenna is basically like Kate Middleton, who took forever to show with both pregnancies. She would just "pop" late in the game. Plus, you may just not be able to notice whatever more subtle changes have occurred under her billowy dresses. (And probably Bash was a little preoccupied to notice if anything looked different when they were getting busy .)

I wonder if people had a sense of how long it should take for the quickening to happen, since that signaled you were definitely pregnant and sort of assumed to be the point at which you were less likely to miscarry, even at that point in time. And perhaps when that happens sooner rather than later, Kenna will start to wonder if her math is screw-y. Or perhaps feels unwell and has to see a midwife, who enlightens her.

I also really do think Delphine wants to steal the future she saw for Kenna.

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.
icygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

It was not what Kenna said that made me think she has been pregnant for a few months, it was Delphine. When she told Bash she sounded so sure that it was his baby. Maybe she knows something that we don't know. And yes, I do think that D is planning to steal Kennash' future because of that.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

I like how what began as a shipper's wishful thinking turned out to be the most logical conclusion based on facts. Let's hope the writers can do math, know little bit of biology, and remember what they have written as well as we do.

The question now is what will Delphine do? Try to kill Kenna and the baby? Try to steal the baby?

What exactly can she do to steal Kennash future for herself when there are gonna be Bash and soldiers looking for her?
unstableharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hope the writers lurk these boards and see what we would like. .

I think if D did something to Kenna it would either be kidnapping her before Kenna has a chance to get on her ship and planning to kill her somehow or maybe using her against Bash (I really want D to just go hardcore evil)..it could work because no one would notice her gone for awhile if Kenna is supposed to be traveling. . (I would prefer this bc it would be over with sooner). Or maybe waiting until the baby is born and trying to steal it, I don't want that just because I'm not interesting in seeing Delphine leach around all season while mind raping Bash..
But in order to kill Delphine won't Bash have to break the spell first? Otherwise she would see him coming..and he couldn't kill her with out dying himself.

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-20-2015 at 08:29 AM
Old 05-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Bash and Delphine are connected. What happens to her happens to him too. So I guess if they try to drown her, for example. he would feel water in his lungs as well. They need to break the spell before they can help Bash and/or kill Delphine.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
Bash and Delphine are connected. What happens to her happens to him too. So I guess if they try to drown her, for example. he would feel water in his lungs as well. They need to break the spell before they can help Bash and/or kill Delphine.
I mean, he FELT what she felt, but we didn't see HIS clothes burning off, did we? So it might be near-torture for him to feel these things, but IDK that they'd actually kill him, if that makes sense?

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.

Last edited by icygrace; 05-20-2015 at 08:50 AM
Old 05-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Yes, he felt the fire burning him, just like Delphine. And it subsided after she fled. But we don't know what would have happened with Bash if D actually had died in the flames. That means that I do think that Bash can die when someone kills Delphine.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icygrace (View Post)
I mean, he FELT what she felt, but we didn't see HIS clothes burning off, did we? So it might be near-torture for him to feel these things, but IDK that they'd actually kill him, if that makes sense?
Makes sense!
His hands didn't look burnt either did they?...I could see the writers going in this direction because it's easier than trying to find someone to break the spell, AND Bash would willing die if it meant Delphine would be gone, he has a hero complex...so perhaps someone else *nosty please* drowns Delphine while Bash trashes around feeling like he is dying--and we are left thinking he might.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
Makes sense!
His hands didn't look burnt either did they?...I could see the writers going in this direction because it's easier than trying to find someone to break and spell, AND Bash would die if it meant Delphine would be gone...so perhaps someone else *nosty please* downs Delphine while Bash trashes around feeling like he is dying.
I think the ease of it something the writers would like

But putting in something I took off a previous post: I would have thought Delphine would try to kill Kenna and steal the baby after it is born, but show logistics don't really allow for that. So perhaps she kidnaps Kenna before Kenna can get on her ship, planning to keep her hidden until she gives birth (since she's heading to Sweden and no one will miss her - not that Delphine knows that, unless Bash knows that and Delphine can read his mind in addition to randomly mind-raping him?) and then kill her and steal the baby. But then she is caught by Bash and the soldiers at the ports?

(Because why else would you keep Kenna hanging around at a port city rather than having her get on the ship and hustle her out of the castle so quickly? )

And perhaps Bash THINKS he will die if he kills Delphine/allows her to be killed, but because he still loves Kenna (even though he's so hurt and angry) and Kenna is in danger, he's willing to do it? And now getting into totally maudlin territory, but perhaps the willingness to make that sacrifice breaks the binding spell somehow?

It would also play into the stuff Kenna talked about with Lola ("You know, he wouldn't spend a moment at home with me, yet he would happily die for a stranger, if it were for a noble cause.") and Renaude ("These things, they provide a level of protection and I won't apologize for assuring my spot above the fray. You're disappointed. A lady likes to think the protectors of the realm are all willing to sacrifice themselves for . . ." "A lofty cause which has nothing to do with them or the people they care about. No. I understand the need for protection. More so than most."). Renaude turned traitor specifically for his son. And then Kenna can't really say it's just about dying for a noble cause if Bash is doing it for her, can she?

In this case, I might be OK with Kennash getting Frary-ed. #kennashtrash #iregretnothing #iamahypocritethough #sueme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
I hope the writers lurk these boards and see what we would like. .
We need to start writing VERY HAPPY spec.

Last edited by icygrace; 05-20-2015 at 09:13 AM
Old 05-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So perhaps she kidnaps Kenna before Kenna can get on her ship, planning to keep her hidden until she gives birth (since she's heading to Sweden and no one will miss her - not that Delphine knows that, unless Bash knows that and Delphine can read his mind in addition to randomly mind-raping him?) and then kill her and steal the baby. But then she is caught by Bash and the soldiers at the ports?
The question is can Bash read D's mind too? I mean when they are connected he should. But he didn't know that they wanted to kill her. He slept and only woke up because she talked to him via thought transmission or something similar. That means the connection is one-sided. He can't read her thoughts, he only can feel.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thank youuuu! Pain seems to be my specialty

I've said this over and over but Francis is bae. He's my new favorite and he just kept having things to say. As upset as I was that he just kept letting Mary walk all over him this season, I think he'd be very instructive for Kennash given the opportunity. And I have lots more to say, but .
I'm so starved for some good Francis/Kenna in-laws interaction. The show really didn't give us anything on that front. It was actually one of the things I wondered about after I read your fic flight. Apart of obsessing about the horrible things you did to my baby Kenna, I wondered about Francis' reaction to Bash leaving his wife behind, and how he treated her in that short time he was still alive.

I really need Kenna and Francis to interact on the show. Like during Siege, Kenna would go to talk to Mary while Francis was with her, and Kenna wouldn't even acknowledge Francis? What's with that? Yet, we know from his talk with Claude that Francis liked Kenna.

Reign won't allow any male/female interaction unless it's between lovers, ex-lovers, and mother/son. It's dreadfully frustrating. Did Bash ever actually talk to Greer? What of Francis? She's one of the best friends of their wives, I think that would deserve at least a hello.
In surprising twist, the only people who appeared to ever communicate on some part-time basis without it having any flirtatious subtext were Kenna and Bash (IMO, even Bash/Lola during 1x04 was a try out for a potential pairing). Not only in 1x03, but there were few little scenes where it appeared they were at least friendly. Like that scene when Mash is still engaged and walking together, stops by LIW's and Bash heads straight to Kenna, even though she's talking to someone else. Or Kenna making eye-contact with Bash when he's forced to watch Frary consummation. But then in 1x16, Bash tells Marry he doesn't even like Kenna?!? You sure, Bash?
Old 05-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The question is can Bash read D's mind too? I mean when they are connected he should. But he didn't know that they wanted to kill her. He slept and only woke up because she talked to him via thought transmission or something similar. That means the connection is one-sided. He can't read her thoughts, he only can feel.
Either that or perhaps it goes both ways, but perhaps that's just because he hasn't tapped into it yet. It seems like Delphine had to make a conscious choice to use the connection. So maybe because he didn't know about it, he couldn't but now he can?

Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think if she were to die by drowning, he would have a heart-attack or something like that. While his lungs might not fill with water, his hearth would probably give up.
I wonder what else can he feel from her. If he feels pain, can he feel pleasure? Cold? Hunger? This might mess up with him a lot.
I'm not as much concerned by his potential death (that's not gonna happen) as I'm by her visiting his dreams. Just no more dream raping Bash, please. That's disturbing. How much control does she have of him in a dream state? Was he that at ease with making out with her simply because he was sleepy? I need answers, and I need Delphine stay the hell away from Bash in his dreams.

Quote:
I think he knew they were going to kill her. He just didn't care. He certainly didn't feel concerned until he felt his own pain.
He might get into her head eventually. I think it could be a matter of him not knowing there was a connection between them at the first place, and also of him, despite being pagan, not having any real experience with magic, let alone doing it. Maybe later on, after he begins his research into breaking off the connection, he might learn how to use it to his advantage. If he has time for that, and perhaps some guidance.

Last edited by unstableharpy; 05-20-2015 at 09:32 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top